Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 09:07 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,184,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I knew someone who tipped 25% and the waiter got upset, so the manager confronted him about why he "only" tipped 25%. And the manager told the customer "we like to make sure our waitstaff is taken care of." Unreal. And it was only a table of 4 people. It was an average restaurant in a hoity-toity "upscale" area of town.
Waiters that do this are a-holes. They should be glad they're being tipped at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I would just call the cops. I had a similar incident happened to me at a popular restaurant where I live. The service was very subpar and I decided not to tip. It wasn't like I wanted to be waited on hand and foot and snubbed them. I explained several times why I was unhappy. The staff and management thought it was funny. I said "Ok, laugh at me never never coming back. There won't be a tip". After our meal, my friend and I went to my car. As I'm starting the car, the waiter runs out to attack us. Yelling and screaming. I thought he was high. I told my friend to take his picture. He's banging on my car. I stopped my car and called the cops. Next time call the cops on a person like that. They have no right to follow you out.
Glad to hear you did this - sub-par service doesn't deserve a tip. The waiter was obviously an entitled prick. One of the many reasons I hate going to restaurants with wait staff is because of crap like this. I prefer places where I can just order the food & get it to go. Most of the food in sit-down restaurants isn't worth the $ you pay for it anyway.

Note there's a dedicated thread on this that's currently getting a lot of replies in the "Great Debates" section.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 11-07-2016 at 09:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 09:39 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,361,233 times
Why would the OP want to be "welcomed" back in that particular store again? If the story played out as described, a shopper was threatened by a sales clerk. I've boycotted businesses for far less. Customers get treated poorly if they allow it.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:52 PM

64 posts, read 49,205 times
Let me clarify a couple of points here: I DIDNT TAKE THE SAMPLE WITH ME. I have never in my life done such a thing. Things happened just the way I explained on my post and there is no info missing as some of you are speculating. I am a decent person, I want something I pay for it.

Yes I misplaced the sample and no I didn't open a new product to be used as a sample. Things once again, happened as described on my post. I didn't put the sample bad to its right place that why employee got angry at me and followed me to the car, and you know the rest of the story..

I am still extremely disturbed by the employee taking a picture of my car plate, who knows what he can do with my information. how can I know if he posted my information online/social media? is thee a way to find out?

The manager didn't handle things properly, very unprofessional.

I got a voice message a couple hours ago by the regional manager apologizing for the employee behavior, this new person who came to the equation sounded more professional on the phone that the first one, she also said "What can we do to make you forget this incident, is there anything we can do to make you happy" Please call us back tomorrow. My take is they had a conversation with the employee, probably even watched the security cameras (I hope so)

Honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable going back to that store ..

Old 11-07-2016, 09:55 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,278,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloaloha View Post
i tried a couple of different make up concealers at store, I didn't find the color i was looking for and left. Store employee follows me to my car, knocks on my window, I opened it and yells at me stating I didn't put the concealer samples back on its place on top of that threatened me to not go back to the store, I didnt say anything back as I dislike confrontations, employee walks away and stands behind my car taking pictures of my car plate and continues standing right next to me until I finally left.

I called store manager and explained the situation. Store manager tells me that she will have a conversation with employee but she will call me back to let me know whether or not I am welcome at the store in the future due to this incident.

Sorry for venting, I am just frustrated, I got so scared when employee was yelling at me at parking lot I thought I was going to be hit or something worse.
So where are the testers if you didn't return them to the correct spot? Saying nothing certainly didn't help you at all hence why they took pics to ban you from the store.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:45 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,520,122 times
Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable going back to that store ..
Based on your description, I wouldn't want to go back, either.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:55 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,079,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
Even so, and I'm not for stealing, who is the employee to run after someone and take their picture/pictures of their vehicles? That is harassment. What is the employee going to do with this info? They can try identity theft.
From your license plate? You do realize that anytime you take your car out in public, anyone and everyone can see your car. Or even when it's sitting in your driveway or in the garage with the garage door open.The employee didn't take pictures of private information. Anyone can take a picture of your car when it's in public, and its perfectly legal to do so.

You cannot get your identity stolen from your license plate.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:03 PM

102,308 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

You cannot get your identity stolen from your license plate.
If the store were to get the police involved, like let's say the OP returns to the store a few weeks later, for some items only that store carries (special brand, whatever). They surveil her. An over-zealous employee thinks he saw her pocket something. Store/mall security are called. Maybe the OP is described as a "problem" customer, even when no merch is found in her purse/pockets. The police could run the license plate through their date base and might be able to at least get the OP's name. They probably wouldn't divulge it to the employee, but it might go in a file that store/mall security maintains.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:20 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,079,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If the store were to get the police involved, like let's say the OP returns to the store a few weeks later, for some items only that store carries (special brand, whatever). They surveil her. An over-zealous employee thinks he saw her pocket something. Store/mall security are called. Maybe the OP is described as a "problem" customer, even when no merch is found in her purse/pockets. The police could run the license plate through their date base and might be able to at least get the OP's name. They probably wouldn't divulge it to the employee, but it might go in a file that store/mall security maintains.
People are telling the OP to watch her bank account and keep a close eye on other sensitive records. Having the police run the plates is much different then saying that you can get your identity stolen from someone taking a picture of your plates.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:01 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,295,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloaloha View Post
i tried a couple of different make up concealers at store, I didn't find the color i was looking for and left. Store employee follows me to my car, knocks on my window, I opened it and yells at me stating I didn't put the concealer samples back on its place on top of that threatened me to not go back to the store, I didnt say anything back as I dislike confrontations, employee walks away and stands behind my car taking pictures of my car plate and continues standing right next to me until I finally left.

I called store manager and explained the situation. Store manager tells me that she will have a conversation with employee but she will call me back to let me know whether or not I am welcome at the store in the future due to this incident.

Sorry for venting, I am just frustrated, I got so scared when employee was yelling at me at parking lot I thought I was going to be hit or something worse.
Wow, very inappropriate for the employee to do that. What a whack job. Maybe you should have called the police, because it sounds like the store manager is blowing this off.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:02 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,295,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid America Lifer View Post
Sometimes, I wonder if store employees aren't programmed or taught to behave the way they do.

It bugs me when a store takes away my shopping cart when making a small purchase.
Where do you shop that this would ever happen??? Bizarre!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships