Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 08:23 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,582,315 times

Advertisements

I simply think the employee was in a bad mood and took it out on you. They were looking to pick a fight and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's the only rational explanation I can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 08:23 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,432,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Personally, I have never been to a makeup counter where I was able to test a bunch of concealers. You either buy it, or you don't, and if it's not your color, you buy another one.

So, maybe that's the issue, her trying on a bunch of concealers in the first place.

And if it was tested, was it on her arm or on her face? Some people's faces are very oily whereas an arm is not. If she was testing concealers on her face, I'd have run her out of the store too, and as a customer. That's just gross.
You're making a lot of assumptions - she was not called out for using a concealer on her face....or for using a bunch of them.

She was told she did not put the tester back in the correct place. If you find testers/samples to be gross then DON'T USE them! And don't ever try to run ME out of a store - it ain't gonna happen!

Old 11-08-2016, 08:45 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,060,712 times
Quote:
Personally, I have never been to a makeup counter where I was able to test a bunch of concealers. You either buy it, or you don't, and if it's not your color, you buy another one.

So, maybe that's the issue, her trying on a bunch of concealers in the first place.

And if it was tested, was it on her arm or on her face? Some people's faces are very oily whereas an arm is not. If she was testing concealers on her face, I'd have run her out of the store too, and as a customer. That's just gross.
Plenty of places have makeup testers for customers to try.

Why is it gross to test makeup on your face? It would be pointless to test it on your arm. Your arm isn't the same color as your face, so foundation/concealer should be tested on the jaw line.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:46 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,617,081 times
Sounds like you ran into security guard Dina from Superstore TV show!

Old 11-08-2016, 08:50 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,077,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
there are always at least 2 sides to every story
Actually three: yours, mine, and the truth.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Bingo! We tested lipsticks on our arms, not on our own lips! That's disgusting!
And that's still how people test lipsticks.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:08 AM

2,457 posts, read 3,227,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
Even so, and I'm not for stealing, who is the employee to run after someone and take their picture/pictures of their vehicles? That is harassment. What is the employee going to do with this info?
Use it to track down and identify a thief?

Old 11-08-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You can get plenty of info from a license plate. Your home address for one. I think the OP has every right to be concerned by the bizarre actions of the salesperson.
Sure, the police or DMV have that sort of information. But some random sales clerk? No, they would not have access to such resources.

It seems like the sales clerk thought the OP stole something, and was getting her license plate to help the police identify her.

I know I'm not the only one who has written down or taken a picture of someone's license plate when I've wanted to report them to the police.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:18 AM

258 posts, read 235,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
Actually the same thing happened to me years ago in downtown Seattle near the Pike Place Market. I was looking at some merchandise, with the shopkeeper right by me. Then I said "Well, thanks for your help." He then told me to put back the merchandise. I said I did, it's right there, and showed him.

He then demanded I empty my pockets and threatened to call the police. I needed to catch my bus, I was dressed like a commuter and not a bum. Finally I said I was going to call the police myself and tell them I was being unlawfully detained and threatened.

The shopkeeper let me go, and I never went in that place again.

So I can see how a misunderstanding can happen.

Sounds to me like small town crap. I've been treated that way too! Small towns are suspicious of outsiders.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:16 AM

274 posts, read 253,490 times
I can't shake the feeling that some critical info is missing.....

But, taking OP's post at face value, I wouldn't go back to that store ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships