Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 12:08 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,307,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Plenty of places have makeup testers for customers to try.

Why is it gross to test makeup on your face? It would be pointless to test it on your arm. Your arm isn't the same color as your face, so foundation/concealer should be tested on the jaw line.
And the places I go offer tossable makeup sponges out for you to use, with cotton rounds and remover to take it off.

It's all marketing and all that stuff sells products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 12:18 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,661,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I knew someone who tipped 25% and the waiter got upset, so the manager confronted him about why he "only" tipped 25%. And the manager told the customer "we like to make sure our waitstaff is taken care of." Unreal. And it was only a table of 4 people. It was an average restaurant in a hoity-toity "upscale" area of town.
Well, it would have gone from 25% to 0% with service like that! A tip is for good service. Clearly, they don't know what good service is. If a restaurant - or any place - wants their staff paid better, then it's up to them to provide the wages whether it be through higher prices or cutbacks on the owner's salary. Don't count on tips to make your wages and certainly not when people are being very generous with 25%. Good grief!

Old 11-08-2016, 02:05 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,651,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I would just call the cops. I had a similar incident happened to me at a popular restaurant where I live. The service was very subpar and I decided not to tip. It wasn't like I wanted to be waited on hand and foot and snubbed them. I explained several times why I was unhappy. The staff and management thought it was funny. I said "Ok, laugh at me never never coming back. There won't be a tip". After our meal, my friend and I went to my car. As I'm starting the car, the waiter runs out to attack us. Yelling and screaming. I thought he was high. I told my friend to take his picture. He's banging on my car. I stopped my car and called the cops. Next time call the cops on a person like that. They have no right to follow you out.
Your experience made me think of that scene in The Sopranos. Christopher was stuck paying $1200 for this huge mafia dinner (partially thanks to Paulie). He and Paulie were arguing about it in the parking lot and the waiter came out and confronted them because Christopher was only able to leave him a $16 tip. Not realizing who he was dealing with, the waiter walked away, mumbling and calling them a-holes. Christopher threw a brick and hit the waiter in the back of the head. The waiter had a seizure and died. I actually did not feel sorry for the guy because he should never have come out of the restaurant to confront them in the first place, especially when he saw they were already angry and arguing with each other.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:24 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,142,435 times
I understand 1000% why none of the above posters mentioned this, so here goes...........

Was the owner and the fool that chased you out Asian?

They love to yell at customers. Who knows why? I lived in the LA area about 2 years and you are always at least followed. And they are suspicious of EVERYBODY, no matter their ethnicity.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:25 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,135,238 times
Quote:
I knew someone who tipped 25% and the waiter got upset, so the manager confronted him about why he "only" tipped 25%. And the manager told the customer "we like to make sure our waitstaff is taken care of." Unreal. And it was only a table of 4 people. It was an average restaurant in a hoity-toity "upscale" area of town.
I wish they'd raise restaurant prices and pay all staff min wage at least. Tips are barely an incentive. They have to be shared with other staff. I also hate when I'm being waited on and told some sob story. Usually waitresses love to say they're single moms.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:44 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,216,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I wish they'd raise restaurant prices and pay all staff min wage at least. Tips are barely an incentive. They have to be shared with other staff.
I also hate when I'm being waited on and told some sob story. Usually waitresses love to say they're single moms.
While I don't go to restaurants that often, since I'm 64 years old I have been to plenty of restaurants over the years. I can't remember ever having a waiter or waitress tell me a sob story, nor a waitress tell us that they are a single mom.

In what kinds of restaurants do you even have conversations with the wait staff?

Old 11-08-2016, 04:10 PM

4,066 posts, read 2,154,288 times
We did have a waitress who taped a photo of her kid on the bill tray. I saw it as not just being proud of her kid, but showing that tips were needed to support the kid. I tip according to service, not how many family members a waitperson has or what their financial circumstances are.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:15 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,481,702 times
Quote:
A store would have a difficult case to prove shoplifting if the person left items in the store. It's almost impossible to prosecute in that situation.
If another customer complains (and especially if they can back that up with a photo or movie of the action) of the person opening a product that is not a tester and using it, then it will NOT be difficult to prove theft.

Using a new product that is not a tester and putting it back IS THEFT.

I'm willing to testify, if need be. In fact, if the store does nothing to the thief, it loses MY business.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:19 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,553,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloaloha View Post
i tried a couple of different make up concealers at store, I didn't find the color i was looking for and left. Store employee follows me to my car, knocks on my window, I opened it and yells at me stating I didn't put the concealer samples back on its place on top of that threatened me to not go back to the store, I didnt say anything back as I dislike confrontations, employee walks away and stands behind my car taking pictures of my car plate and continues standing right next to me until I finally left.

I called store manager and explained the situation. Store manager tells me that she will have a conversation with employee but she will call me back to let me know whether or not I am welcome at the store in the future due to this incident.

Sorry for venting, I am just frustrated, I got so scared when employee was yelling at me at parking lot I thought I was going to be hit or something worse.
You were accosted. That was bat **** crazy. I would never NEVER spend a dime or a moment of my time in that store.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:20 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,481,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You can get plenty of info from a license plate. Your home address for one.
How so? Do you work somewhere where you have access to a license plate database?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships