Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 03:58 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,851,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
They did all that with us around, we were that comfortable with eachother. We were more like a family, then friends. The new manager got transferred during the beginning of the summer. I've been hanging and being friends with my pals for about 3 years now. Normally, we would all pitch in, buy some beer, and then after the store closed, would go out to the cars in the parking lot and have the beers and chat about the job, life, or what events we might do over the weekend (movies, bowling, ball games, etc)

If it's nasty outside, then there is a bar right next door to the store, and we would go there, where we are all known by the bar managers and bar tenders ( often they would come to the store and chat with us) And on Thursdays, a new bar called Twin Peaks opened up nearby, and despite the breasturant being catered more to guys, I would tag along because the girls at the bar were more comfortable when I was around, and we would get great service and sometimes even get free stuff. Now, one time, the manager talked my buddies into going to Twin Peaks, and one of them texted me to come along since I am a favorite with the girls, and I went. When I got there, I can definitely tell the manager wasn't too pleased to see me there. I sat down, and one of the girls came with my beer that she already knew I wanted since I was a regular. I was just placing my order of food, when the manager all of a sudden blurted out "lets go to Cheetahs, I want a lap dance" I was like "I just ordered, can't we wait?" (I may not like strip clubs, but I have no problems going to them, and Cheetahs, I happen to know many of the bartenders and strippers there too) He was real quick to say "naw, you can stay here with your girlfriend (he was applying to the waitress who was talking to me and taking my order) and then he gulped his beer down and was like, "hurry up guys, I want to try and get a VIP room, and I'm sorry, guys only!" All of the guys except one left, reluctantly, and I was so hurt, I was about ready to cry. The one friend who stayed was really upset too, but he didn't care about going because he never cared about that manager, and he worked in a different department anyways.

But it's still upsetting me. I've done nothing to this man, and it's really hurting me that he's pretty much taking all my friends away, and they won't stand up to him. Now, while they are away, one friend would text me that he's sorry this happened, but he feels he has to kiss the new manager's butt in fear of his hours getting slashed. But why is this man so against women hanging out unless we are strippers or scantily clad waitresses?
Maybe because that's his thing? I have female friends, but I rather not make friends with women I'd rather have relations with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 04:08 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,851,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
He can't stop us from going to other venues, but since he's a manager and makes lots of money, he'll just come and request a VIP room, that will keep us out.

But funny thing, last Saturday, one of my girlfriends started a new job as a bartender to this new strip joint called Double Dee's. One side is a country line dancing club and restaurant, the other side is a strip club. Another one of my girlfriend's and I went there to support my friend, and look who was there, the manager and our guy buddies. Our guy friends actually came by and hung out with u by the bar till the manager texted a few of them, and apparently he got tired of them chilling with us and talked all of them but one to leave.

Well, after my friend got off by about 12, we danced a bit on the club section, then decided to go to another strip club down the road where we were going to meet up with some more girlfriends who were getting off from their jobs, plus we knew some strippers that could use the company. We go there, and oh boy, the manager and the boys were there too. We just ignored him and stayed by one of the bars, getting free drinks and wings, and the one guy who came with us got a lap dance, for free. Then the rest of the guys came over. They all hung out with us, and we had a good time, until the manager tried to get a VIP room, but they were all booked. So then he tried to talk the guys into another strip club down the street, but they had had enough. It costs like 10 to 20 bucks to get into the strip club if you are a guy (the girls have always gotten in free :P) Then, we came across the assistant store manager there, with his wife, and they joined us in the festivities. We were all having a good time, except for the one manager. He left about 3, and as for us, after a game of pool, we all left about 5 AM and went to a diner to try and sober up.

But I stopped by Monday to get something at the store, and he was there. He came by, accused me of stalking and hogging up all the best girls, and how he liked it better when female patrons weren't allowed in the strip joints, it was the only place where men can escape from us, and then ran back into the stock room. I could care less, but I just might join my friend again this weekend. Like you said, it's a free country, and I can do whatever I want as long as I'm not hurting anyone or breaking the law.
Now that's how you do it!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships