Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 04:19 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,729,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I'm going to go at this a different way. Fat folks know they are fat. They don't want to break your chair as much as you don't want them to. I know when I was heavier I watched what I sat on in others houses. They have a responsibility to be cautious when they sit on something. Comes with the territory.

Oh now let's not bring personal responsibility into it....LOL.

You're just supposed to let them sit wherever they want and risk injury and you end up getting sued, or the host most go out and buy special reinforced furniture that you don't really want or need.

Please don't make anyone be responsible for themselves, why that simply isn't done these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 05:35 PM

88,974 posts, read 85,503,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
Tell the person they need to loose about 400 pounds!
And you need to lose an o.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:39 PM

88,974 posts, read 85,503,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red as Gold View Post

Or maybe they're just friendly
Yes, I get along with me ex-husband. We used to attend our daughter's softball games and concerts together when she was a kid. It's better for the kids to see their parents friendly.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:17 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,220,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Oh now let's not bring personal responsibility into it....LOL.

You're just supposed to let them sit wherever they want and risk injury and you end up getting sued, or the host most go out and buy special reinforced furniture that you don't really want or need.

Please don't make anyone be responsible for themselves, why that simply isn't done these days.
huh??? you got this out of what I wrote? WOW

I was putting personal responsibility on it. Fat people need to know they are FAT and act accordingly by sitting where their fat asses dont break something. There was that enough personal responsibility?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:55 PM

9,024 posts, read 13,902,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
OP, perhaps I missed it, but why is your ex-husband even in your house when he has visitation with his children?

If it is because he needs supervised visitations there are ways to do that through the court system.

I am wondering if he comes to your house to see you more than to see his children. Or does he come so that you will feed him dinner and snacks? Or does he sit down and stay so that he can harass you? Or what?

I have even known divorced couples (parents of former students) who switched the kids for visitations in public/private places such as the police station, library, restaurants or their attorney's office. Perhaps that is something to think about. Then you won't have to worry about your furniture.

But, maybe, your problem is bigger than the size of your ex-husband (if he is staying to eat, flirt or harass you).
He does not need supervised visits.
I go off into another room and sleep,because i work nights.
It is just easier for him to come and visit so i wont have to get up and dress the kids.

I do know he eats some of the snacks like chips,a Rice crispy treat,some cookies.
I do not feed him whole meals,and the kids bring the snacks to him.

Old 12-03-2016, 07:28 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,293,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
He does not need supervised visits.
I go off into another room and sleep,because i work nights.
It is just easier for him to come and visit so i wont have to get up and dress the kids.

I do know he eats some of the snacks like chips,a Rice crispy treat,some cookies.
I do not feed him whole meals,and the kids bring the snacks to him.
Thank you for the post. That makes a lot of sense.

When you did not say why he was always at your house it sounded a little suspicious.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:52 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,729,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
huh??? you got this out of what I wrote? WOW

I was putting personal responsibility on it. Fat people need to know they are FAT and act accordingly by sitting where their fat asses dont break something. There was that enough personal responsibility?

Wow yourself, I was agreeing with you.

It's called sarcasm....sheesh.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:14 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,227,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
How do tell someone politely they're not allowed to poo in your toilet? I'm just curious in case I ever run into that situation....

and how do you know for sure he doesn't sneak a little poo in there when you aren't paying attention?

You subtly imply these things. I often remark about the squeaky clean restrooms at the Texaco station on the corner. They eventually get the message. The fat one pigs out on pasta a lot. I clean my own toilets. Connect the dots. Nuff said.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:11 AM

18,525 posts, read 31,794,596 times
I wouldnt invite a person of that size to my home, i know it isnt nice or christian like.
but I had an aunt that wore spike heels in my new apt years ago, and her heals ruined my linoleum, it had all pock marks in it. I was young and the floor was brand new from the land lord, but I had to live with it...

then a friends mother came and she was like 300 pounds, she stepped on the marble saddle between the bathroom doors and wood floor and it cracked in half.
then I had to ask the LL for another one and pay for it.

sorry, i dont want broken things in my home, epecially chairs that can be discontinued, or a broken spring in my couch. sorry not happening.

and no, im not buying a special chair for them either.

dont come.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:31 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,803,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I wouldnt invite a person of that size to my home, i know it isnt nice or christian like.

sorry, i dont want broken things in my home, epecially chairs that can be discontinued, or a broken spring in my couch. sorry not happening.

and no, im not buying a special chair for them either.

dont come.
Yeah, I gave up on inviting my 700-lb friend to my house after that (aforementioned story). We do not have a lot of money and I canNOT afford to be constantly replacing big-ticket items like furniture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships