Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:29 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,572,920 times

Advertisements

Why not just leave a note? It would avoid direct confrontation, but get the point across. You could be polite about it... geez.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:41 AM

321 posts, read 597,045 times
I saw this thread and remembered I had a problem like this back in 2014. Here's a repost of my issue:

I don't have a sidewalk where I live but I had a similar problem. When I would come home from work or being out with my family I would find dog poop at the end of my driveway. A few times I ran the poop over parking my car.

So I checked my security cameras and sure enough this guy walks his dog down my block every day and every day he stops and lets his dog poop in front of my driveway.

I waited one day and approached him as the dog was pooping in front of my driveway. I introduced myself quickly and asked him if he could please pick up his dogs poop after it was finished or have him go someplace else. I even pointed out where my garbage cans are and said he could deposit the poop in them if he wanted. All I got back was, "Whatever."

So, I followed him from a distance and found out where he lived.

Over the next week I collected his dogs poop in a trash bag.

I put on a pair of nitrile gloves and went to his house and drew a smiley face in dog poop on his front porch.

He doesn't walk his dog on my block anymore.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:19 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,151,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Neighbor dog comes at night to crap on my yard, a big german shepperd
I would go and talk to them, but they are a bunch of thugs, so talking is not an option

Any ideas?
I'm thinking about installing "animal ultrasonic repellent"
Sounds like "talking is not an option" because you are scared of them, sad.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:37 AM

1,688 posts, read 3,964,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
My neighbor was letting her dog out all the time and letting him go where ever he wanted. My husband picked it up and then ended up handing her the bag as she was outside when he went to take it over. He explained that we pick up after our dog and that we also have kids that play in our yard. We didn't want them to track it in.

Her HS aged daughters also let the dog out to roam free and they haven't since he pooped in our yard again and I picked it up and put it on their doorstep. The mom and I had a nice little chat.

It's my pet peeve. I pick up after my pet pick up after yours. End of story.

true dat Riley09!!! when lived in an apartment I was probably the only person in that complex that picked up after their dog.... The office staff even made a comment to me how nice it was that I did pick up after him... it was disgusting!! I now live in a rental house on 1 acre of land adjacent to a horse farm - very rural and I still pick up after my dog - I don't want to step in it!!

Old 01-12-2017, 10:41 AM

305 posts, read 725,772 times
Here's a classic solution.

Pick up the poop.
Put it in a paper bag
Leave it on their front porch.
Set it on fire.
Ding dong ditch
???
Profit.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:53 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,495,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Here's our experience with OUR hoa. The neighbors let their pit bull wander and crap wherever he pleases. We call the HOA. The HOA comes out and talks to the neighbor. Neighbor denies that HIS dog ever goes out. HOA says OK and that's that.

We call Animal Control. They tell us to call the police. We call the police. They tell us to call Animal Control. I throw a tantrum with Animal Control and they come out and talk to neighbor. Neighbor, of course, denies that his dog gets out. Animal Control says OK and that's that.

I take picture of dog out-and-about and show to police. Police say they have to actually SEE the dog outside to do anything and can't go by the photo because it might not actually be the neighbor's dog. Really? Sure looks like the neighbor's dog. I'm told to call them if I see the dog out and they'll send someone over....sure, sometime within the next couple of hours. Dog, of course, is back inside by then.

I give up. I have, on occasion, picked up the poop and thrown it in their yard.

I'm not going to confront them....these are scary people.
As you found out, one can go the HOA, AC, Police route, but it'll be a tremendous headache and they won't solve the problem anyway. OP, it's time to make a couple of meatballs.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:57 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,366,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
They typically also don't allow free roaming pets.

Or "thugs".

Leave them a note on their door or send them an anonymous letter telling them that their dog is relieving himself in your yard and to please do something about it. Most cities have laws against dogs running loose. If they are "thugs" they will probably not do anything about it or they will beat the poor dog so you may have to get your local Animal Control involved.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:58 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,366,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post
Here's a classic solution.

Pick up the poop.
Put it in a paper bag
Leave it on their front porch.
Set it on fire.
Ding dong ditch
???
Profit.
The problem with that is many people have security cameras now so that could cause more problems than it would solve.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:08 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,140,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
As you found out, one can go the HOA, AC, Police route, but it'll be a tremendous headache and they won't solve the problem anyway. OP, it's time to make a couple of meatballs.

I'm seriously hoping this post is not implying to poison the animal ....

if it is shame on you . It is not the dogs fault it is the owners fault ....

Old 01-12-2017, 11:24 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,620,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Wow, what would you say about this, buried in dogsh1t-scented grass

Do NOT use a bear trap!

If yu hurt the dog, you can be prosecuted. It's a crime. It is not a defense to hurting an animal that he was pooping in your yard.

It also hurts the wrong creature. The dog is not doing anything wrong. He's just being a dog. The OWNER is the culprit. Let's say you kill the dog. It doesn't solve the problem, because the owner can just get another dog.

Why don't people in the OP's neighborhood have fences? This is what fences are for. An HOA is NOT the answer. Good fences and city ordinances (leash laws) take care of this problem. If there's a loose dog, call Animal Control, and they will come pick up the dog for the city pound.

But if you don't have a fence, I don't think there's a good solution. You expect others without fences to always take their dogs out to potty on leashes? Not gonna happen.

Next time, rent in a place with fences. Or get a fence. If you rely on others to prevent anything from coming into your yard, you will always be disappointd....not gonna happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.