Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 01:06 PM

390 posts, read 381,921 times

Advertisements

Ignore. Delete. Block.

God bless you and your husband and son. Move on happy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 01:49 PM

14,373 posts, read 18,454,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
Contrary to popular opinion here, I don't think you should ignore.

Along with the minority, I agree that you want her to know you got the message and that you don't want any more.

Don't fire off long rant of past wrongs. Just a quick note along the lines of.....

Or something like that.
I kind of like "I'm sorry, but I closed that chapter on my life for good. Any further contact from you will be considered harassment and I will seek legal action."

Old 06-16-2017, 01:59 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,047,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness angel View Post
Yeah, it's very tempting to really let my mind rip and indeed, tell her to f**k off. But a part of me does think what would even hurt them more is by not responding at all. Acting like they don't exist just like they acted like I didn't exist for all these years. I feel like letting them know that I'm still angry and upset over what happened, will give them a little victory. That's the logical part of me. The impulsive part is all for letting it rip.
She will know you read the message bc Facebook has a read receipt on it. Don't write back.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:02 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,561,286 times
Wow, was I wrong. I was fully expecting you to get several pages of 'She gave you life, you and your husband should go broke supporting her in this time of need'. And I LOVE your attitude--you sound as if you haven't even remotely considered sending them a dime. Don't.

My faith in humanity is restored, not as many weak-minded folks as I thought.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:09 PM

6,212 posts, read 4,623,875 times
I would - this is me i mean, but I know your husband is right - tell her she must have written to me in error as I have no parents. Then I'd offer to pray for her husband's speedy recovery and sign it God Bless. But that's me.

If hellob is right and FB lets her know it was read, then deleting it is the coldest possible response.

You have a right to be angry, and to be proud of your life, and the letter is a good idea on dealing with some of the unresolved stuff in between.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:11 PM

10,520 posts, read 7,126,262 times
Half of me would say, "Well, let's talk." The other would be inclined to say, "Father? What father?" Not sure how I'd react.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:40 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,047,750 times
On the bright side, at least she asked for the money right away. It'd be much worse if you let her in and then found out that she wants money.
NYC refugee- if you're on Facebook, go to your messages and look at one you sent, it will show as "seen Monday 11:13am" etc or just delivered if still unread.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:48 PM

14,373 posts, read 18,454,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
On the bright side, at least she asked for the money right away. It'd be much worse if you let her in and then found out that she wants money.
NYC refugee- if you're on Facebook, go to your messages and look at one you sent, it will show as "seen Monday 11:13am" etc or just delivered if still unread.
Unfortuately, I think that it just means it was delivered, not that it was read, and either way, if you don't look right away, eventually it disappears. I could be wrong though.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:51 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,016,691 times
Respond in a way to your mom that you will be able to live with...if you do respond back to her. I am so sorry that your parents disowned you at the time in your life that you needed them the most.You have prevailed and you're in a much better place now.
All you need to do is to forgive your parents and move forward.Let your parents live with what they have done to you...

Old 06-16-2017, 02:53 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,707,853 times
I'd delete and probably block her. This is nothing but a money grab. Sad to say it. If someone truly cared that they missed someone for 20 years, then next sentence wouldn't be we need money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships