Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 11:41 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,429,974 times

Advertisements

Something is wrong. Call her office and ask around. Tell them how close you are and how you are unable to locate her and you are worried. Ask them all they need to do is confirm if she is at work. If they say yes, great! She is fine and leave it be. If they say no call 911 to do a well check or contact the relative on FB...but if it were something bad wouldn't the relative post something there????
Very intriguing....please upon a new Update thread and let us know what you found out!

Old 06-30-2017, 03:47 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,310,948 times
I don't understand the Facebook mystery.
Someone that previously had blocked me or possibly had set her privacy options so they excluded me and had forgotten it and wanted to be invited to a group.
I searched for her 15 ways from Sunday and the only thing that would come up were a couple of photos/posts that she had been tagged in and where her name showed up, it was greyed out and not an available link.
There was no indication that she currently has an active account.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:07 AM

6,496 posts, read 9,885,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
Their accts were looked for under other people's accts that they didn't know. There is no way to hide yourself from everyone unless the acct is deactivated or deleted.

I think you are either going to have to type slower or use really small words from now on. I don't think everyone here is reading what you write or just totally don't understand English lol

Old 06-30-2017, 05:17 AM

15,234 posts, read 10,418,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Needy much?

I'd have blocked you too.
I wouldn't say needy - I would say concerned, especially if the friend's behavior is out of character. Your posts are always so rude. Don't you get tired of being ugly to people on here all the time? As soon as I see your name I know you have probably posted something snarky. Is that how you want to be known - the poster who is always rude & snarky?

Old 06-30-2017, 06:23 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,368,052 times
I just had a thought. Husband and wife have a major blowout. Or wife leaves husband and goes to stay with sister but trying to hide from husband. Wife deactivates account. Inquiries made by OP threaten exposure of where wife may be staying. Panic ensues so sister blocks OP.

Or wife deactivates accounts of both so husband can't track her from what her friends may post on the site. OP being the caring person she is, and we know this because of this thread, inadvertently creates a panic in wife's sister who then proceeds to block OP.

As we all know, we don't have a clue about marriages behind closed doors. It is entirely possible that wife might have been in an abused relationship. This may be the only way that the wife feels she can escape.

Hell, we are throwing out theories...why not one more?

Lord! I do hope we get closure on this at some point.

OP, call her work....the main line....just ask if she is there or when she is expected back. Hell, all you need to say is that you're returning her phone call. You don't even have to say that you know her and are worried about her. Just call like you had business with her.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:32 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,639,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
OP---I'm just wondering why you don't want to call the police to do a wellness check.

At best, a wellness check will show that all is well. At your request, the police officer that does it could relay a message telling your friend that you were worried and won't bother her again.

At worst...the police could find that something is very wrong.
For you and everyone else - I was told by the police that a wellness check is for when you can't get ahold of someone electronically and you are too far away to reasonably get to their location and knock on the door in person. Not if you are embarrassed to do so.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:37 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,639,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
I did try calling her work today and got her voicemail. She spoke highly of her husband. I almost wanted to send her sister a Facebook message but didn't want to cross boundaries.
So you are good friends but it sounds like you never met her husband.

You aren't by any chance a male, are you?

Old 06-30-2017, 07:11 AM

35,253 posts, read 31,606,386 times
I'm 90% betting on marital trouble or some kind of family falling out.

I worked with a lady who seemed perfectly normal at first blush - married, twin daughters, looked like a dream life. I wasn't friends on Facebook with her at the time, but she went to lunch one Thursday and did not show back up that evening. I saw her walking down the road as I was coming back from lunch, but there were restaurants that way and I thought nothing of it. Car was left in the parking lot...until the next week. The manager tried calling her cell phone - no response.

I don't think she came in that Friday, but did come in the following Monday. We were all thinking something severe must have happened - why would you leave your car if you quit? Why leave it there all weekend? The manager gave her a "pep talk," but nothing more came of it. I don't think anyone ever found out what happened. She resigned a few months later.

Looking back, she brought her husband to the corporate Christmas outing the previous year. They were not talkative, almost strangely shy. They did not fit in with the rest of the staff, which was pretty diverse (they were white - we had multiple Indians, an Iranian, and a Pakistani lady who wore a hijab). We all thought they were very strange.

She resigned sometime mid-2015. At the start of 2016, she added me on Facebook out of the blue - hadn't heard from her in months. She moved within a couple hours of my hometown and started talking a lot, and we probably hadn't spoken an hour in six months. She was going through all sorts of marital stress. She wanted to stay in the new location, hubby wanted to go back to the hometown. They had over $50,000 in credit card debt. All sorts of stress.

We had a short affair and she ultimately deactivated the account. Texted her and she said they were trying to work on their marriage and wanted to lay low. She's done this a few times now - reactivates it when things are good, shuts it down when there are problems.

She may seem reliable and doing well, but you often don't know what is going on behind closed doors.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:42 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,639,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
So you are good friends but it sounds like you never met her husband.

You aren't by any chance a male, are you?
I think everyone here assumes that OP is a woman but the story reads a whole lot differently if you read it as the OP being a male. That would explain things.

I realize this probably isn't the case but if OP and this woman had some sort of relationship on the side that went sour well then that would explain everything.

Until we know the whole story and the resolution, all we can do is speculate.

Last edited by Mr_Geek; 06-30-2017 at 08:07 AM..

Old 06-30-2017, 08:10 AM

894 posts, read 590,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
A lady here went missing.
She last was talking to someone on her cell on a Friday.
She lived alone, so it took DAYS for someone to notice she wasn't answering texts/phone calls.

It was days after that that they realized that an unidentified dead body they had found dozens of miles away a few days earlier was hers.

Go find out.
This may be a long shot but by any chance are you talking about the lady who died in a Walmart bathroom but wasn't discovered for several days?

I read about it yesterday or the day before. She was in there dead but the employees thought the lock was broken and rather than fix it immediately, they just had an Out Of Order sign put on it for a few days.

The reason I'm curious if she's the same lady from your story is that she died in another town and her relatives & friends said they had no idea why she was all the way out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships