Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 08:46 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think you are either going to have to type slower or use really small words from now on. I don't think everyone here is reading what you write or just totally don't understand English lol
I can read big words, in English even and did read what she wrote but disagreed .
Further investigation shows that , like many changes Facebook has made to be more public, the option to disallow a search no longer exists (except those by phone number or email address.)
Apologies for arguing the point.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:02 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
OP, I understand that you have said you are not going to pursue things further. In great Monday morning quarterbacking style, what I would have done is sent a message to the friend saying something like, "If you want privacy, let me know. Just worried. If I don't hear, I'll ask police for wellness check to be sure." Or that you'll swing by the house to check up. Or whatever.

But it just seems you've been ghosted. I worked with someone & we became good friends. Then suddenly she stopped answering my emails, texts, etc. But I still worked down the hall from her. I know it's not the same, but people are weird. I have since moved to a different office, and I no longer see her regularly. Funny thing is, she is in regular Facebook contact with several of my family members.

One other thing--you say you didn't hear back on a message, but did I see that you didn't go where you had originally intended to meet? Is it possible your friend did, and was irritated you didn't show? It wouldn't excuse her not answering you, but it might explain it.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:31 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,316,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
I have no clue what happened to her. Seems a bit extreme to delete accounts just to stop communicating with me.
It may not have been because of you. Maybe your friend or her husband were having online relationships and decided deleting their accounts was best for their marriage. I don't blame you for being concerned though. I would be too.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:36 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,747,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
Their accts were looked for under other people's accts that they didn't know. There is no way to hide yourself from everyone unless the acct is deactivated or deleted.
Are those other people concerned?

Old 06-30-2017, 11:26 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
With her husband also closing his fb something is up. Too many odd things. Hey, a passive thing you could do it drive by their home if they have a front lawn and see if it's mowed. See if the doorstep looks trashy.

Have you googled some names?

Some places have very easy online access to what's going on in the local courts. If you do, you could type in some family names.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:33 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I can read big words, in English even and did read what she wrote but disagreed .
Further investigation shows that , like many changes Facebook has made to be more public, the option to disallow a search no longer exists (except those by phone number or email address.)
Apologies for arguing the point.
Additionally, there are plenty of ways to get around keeping an account when you don't want to be found. Mine is not under my real (full) name. I was also confused because the OP has said that the sister both blocked and deleted her account, so it seemed like she might have been using the term interchangeably. It's still unclear to me if the sister deleted her account or if she just blocked the OP.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:34 AM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
With her husband also closing his fb something is up. Too many odd things. Hey, a passive thing you could do it drive by their home if they have a front lawn and see if it's mowed. See if the doorstep looks trashy.

Have you googled some names?

Some places have very easy online access to what's going on in the local courts. If you do, you could type in some family names.
She already did drive by their home. The husband's car was out front, there were lights on in the home but the friend's car wasn't there.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm just feeling SO NOSY! Jazzy, I hope you find out what is going on, and post back about it. I think there's almost no way everything is "fine".

Old 06-30-2017, 11:36 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,897 times
Has anyone thought that maybe the husband could have murdered his wife or something?
I had an incident like this happen to me and it started in March.I had been communicating with this person whom I have known for YEARS...anyways the last time I chatted with her was over the phone...nothing out of the ordinary.Then afterwards I would e-mail her or call her...and she never responded.I haven't heard from her since the last time I talked to her in March.Now like the OP has stated...just like I will...my friend...it wasn't like her to NOT respond back either with an e-mail or call me back...but NOTHING.I live out of state,and I don't know her address because I thought of seeing if I could do a welfare check or something.She shares a child with the ex who is a dead beat loser BUT the only ph# I had from him was no longer his since he changes his ph# like underwear.Anyways I was worried and concerned and stressed out.I contacted her via phone...left voicemail messages asking her if she's ok....sent e-mails asking her if she's ok. That that's all I wanted to know because I was worried about her...NOTHING. Like someone had stated...all they could have had to do is just reply back they're fine..going through some stuff...SOMETHING...but never responded back to me.Oh..also her phone at one time was a generic voicemail and then about a week later..it went back to her personal voicemail. I held out until June 3rd. I feel that when someone can't even take a second to let someone know that they're OK.....then they don't deserve to have my friendship any longer.That is such a DICK move.No excuses for crap like that ESPECIALLY when I had talked to her about this type of behavior I don't put up with so she KNEW to not do crap like this...when friends are reaching out to you to ask you if you're OK...that means that they're worried about you and you should have the common courtesy to at least let them know something...if NOT...then don't expect to be able to come back into my life later on...it will NOT happen.You don't treat people like this.We all go through stuff BUT if friends are worried about you....SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2017, 11:43 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
Has anyone thought that maybe the husband could have murdered his wife or something?
No.

Why would her work, sister and presumably other family, and best friend not notice her missing but a casual friend she sees infrequently be the only one who notices?

No one is saying it's not a crappy thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships