Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,354,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
What would the benefit be to either of you to tell him. You connected with him and he with you. In your mind, you accepted him as a piece of your life that was missing and found joy for the both of you. He may know, he may not know and when all is said and done, as it is now, you each have that special person in your life that neither of you wants to lose after all these years. He obviously thinks of you as his daughter.

As an aside, I am sure that a $99 test is not something I would base ruining a longed for relationship on. The test could be wrong and if it were that important to me, I would find a good geneticist and have a test done, rather base it on an OTC test.
Exactly what I'm saying.

For something as serious as this, a more respected source for testing should be used.

Good Lord, OP, get a second opinion before opening THAT Pandora's box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 04:27 PM

13,289 posts, read 8,499,258 times
Can I have a coherent translator for this OP' post please? I sincerely am trying to follow along yet all I keep hearing in my head is the tune of "I am my own grandpa"...Its a tune that is nonsensical at best and rather funny. This post though is less than funny and more of a WHo's the Dad?

In the mean time I'm waiting for The accused Man to post on here that he was approached by a girl who got his DNA (How ? Who knows!) and now thinks he is or isn't her real biological or deceased dad?

Old 08-06-2017, 04:40 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,036,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Can I have a coherent translator for this OP' post please? I sincerely am trying to follow along yet all I keep hearing in my head is the tune of "I am my own grandpa"...Its a tune that is nonsensical at best and rather funny. This post though is less than funny and more of a WHo's the Dad?

In the mean time I'm waiting for The accused Man to post on here that he was approached by a girl who got his DNA (How ? Who knows!) and now thinks he is or isn't her real biological or deceased dad?
Is it really that confusing?
1- my mom hooks up with guy A during a vacation, she later finds out she's pregnant, tells guy A that he's the dad.
2- I'm born, guy A is on my birth certificate and pays support but lives in NY so doesn't visit
3- My mom gets married to my brothers' dad, tells guy A to go away
4- fast forward, guy A and I reunite. He immediately is great and I didn't want to be wrong so I questioned my mom to be sure there's no other possibilities. She mentions guy B but said they hooked up 2 months after my conception date. I don't think about it again bc guy A was always the person who was known as my dad even though he wasn't in my life.
5- fast forward to now. I did a heritage test. The company has a link that connects you to relatives with the same DNA. I click on it and it's a bunch of people with the same uncommon last name of guy B. Therefore guy B is my father.

I didn't get anyone's DNA. I was linked to them through my DNA.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Is it really that confusing?
1- my mom hooks up with guy A during a vacation, she later finds out she's pregnant, tells guy A that he's the dad.
2- I'm born, guy A is on my birth certificate and pays support but lives in NY so doesn't visit
3- My mom gets married to my brothers' dad, tells guy A to go away
4- fast forward, guy A and I reunite. He immediately is great and I didn't want to be wrong so I questioned my mom to be sure there's no other possibilities. She mentions guy B but said they hooked up 2 months after my conception date. I don't think about it again bc guy A was always the person who was known as my dad even though he wasn't in my life.
5- fast forward to now. I did a heritage test. The company has a link that connects you to relatives with the same DNA. I click on it and it's a bunch of people with the same uncommon last name of guy B. Therefore guy B is my father.

You do realize that the test you took could have a false result, right? It is not as thorough as a more expensive true DNA testing site.

Before going off the deep end, Get. A. Second. Opinion.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:48 PM

Hell, that heritage site said hubby's brother had Asian in him. No chance in hell that there is. Family got a huge kick out of that one.

Others in the family that have had it done don't show as being the actual mother's relation. Take those sites with a grain of salt.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
You do realize that the test you took could have a false result, right? It is not as thorough as a more expensive true DNA testing site.

Before going off the deep end, Get. A. Second. Opinion.
I'm calmed down. There's no point in ruining everything over some dead guy.
I'm not sure if I'm explaining that it's not bc the test says I'm 5% Italian or whatever that's making me say he's not my dad. It's bc the DNA relatives is linking me as first and second cousins to the other man's family.
The nationality thing may not be perfect but the fact that I'm cousins with the guy who my mom<bleep> around the time I was conceived is the main issue.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-08-2017 at 03:12 PM..

Old 08-06-2017, 05:04 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,937,057 times
Quote:
I'm calmed down. There's no point in ruining everything over some dead guy.
I'm not sure if I'm explaining that it's not bc the test says I'm 5% Italian or whatever that's making me say he's not my dad. It's bc the DNA relatives is linking me as first and second cousins to the other man's family.
The nationality thing may not be perfect but the fact that I'm cousins with the guy who my mom<bleep> around the time I was conceived is the main issue.
Waitaminute: you're COUSINS with the man you suspect is your bio father??

Please, for everyone's sake, ask your mom if the two potential fathers were related to each other. Or if she was related to one or more of them. Or if the name of these possible cousins is also found in her family.

And take a second, more reliable test. Then reconsider talking to the man who has loved you like a daughter should be loved.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-08-2017 at 03:13 PM..

Old 08-06-2017, 05:05 PM

2,610 posts, read 2,206,343 times
Long long ago.... There were no DNA tests wasn't life much simpler. Yes it can be a good thing but at times it seems to cause such trouble. There are probably plenty of people who are not the children of the father who everyone assumes is. Possibly even the mother not sure. Just throw the test out and erase it from your mind. Your dad is your dad, who cares about the rest of it. That is what I would do.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:17 PM

13,289 posts, read 8,499,258 times
Quote:
Is it really that confusing? (YES: It was and IS Confusing)
1- my mom hooks up with guy A during a vacation, she later finds out she's pregnant, tells guy A that he's the dad.( SO Your MOTHER ASSUMES)
2- I'm born, guy A is on my birth certificate and pays support but lives in NY so doesn't visit (SO your MOM potentially falsified a Birth Certificate and collects support- Okay Now I'm starting to understand)
3- My mom gets married to my brothers' dad, tells guy A to go away (Okay she chooses to marry a guy- got that part! Woohoo!, Collects child support and refuses to let you see this alleged BIO Dad)
4- fast forward, guy A and I reunite. He immediately is great and I didn't want to be wrong so I questioned my mom to be sure there's no other possibilities. She mentions guy B but said they hooked up 2 months after my conception date. I don't think about it again bc guy A was always the person who was known as my dad even though he wasn't in my life.( Okay so Bio -DAD ...person "A" who hasn't ever been in your life but was listed on your birth certificate - somehow comes back into your life)
5- fast forward to now. I did a heritage test. The company has a link that connects you to relatives with the same DNA. I click on it and it's a bunch of people with the same uncommon last name of guy B. Therefore guy B is my father. (Okay so you used a website and no actually DNA testing to jump to this conclusion?- Again now its becoming clear, There is no accurate proof who the paternal father is, just assumptions based on a last name....)

I respect the quandary you are in and the goal to find your paternal heritage. But this Assuming things is more your mothers style.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/b]
Waitaminute: you're COUSINS with the man you suspect is your bio father??

Please, for everyone's sake, ask your mom if the two potential fathers were related to each other. Or if she was related to one or more of them. Or if the name of these possible cousins is also found in her family.

And take a second, more reliable test. Then reconsider talking to the man who has loved you like a daughter should be loved.
No, I'm cousins with his family members.
The 2 men who are options aren't related. One is from NY and the other from Indiana.
I can't talk to my mom. We don't talk anymore.
I'm not going to tell my dad anything. I'm going to forget about the whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships