Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 04:30 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,397,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
... I told her she should also speak to the pastor of the church where he is employed and let the pastor know what occurred .
I don't think that is necessary. The guy was just being creepy. What a jerk to end a date like that...

Old 11-05-2017, 05:26 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,242,726 times
It is not your business.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:19 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,111,302 times
I have had my say and I'm out of it .

Old 11-05-2017, 10:26 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,062,073 times
Quote:
I have had my say and I'm out of it .
Glad we could help.

There should be a sub-forum here called: GRIPING ONLY, NO REAL DISCUSSION WELCOMED

Old 11-05-2017, 11:20 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,400,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I never personally had a date actually ask to come in; they all waited to be invited, and to ask after a first date seems out of line. I know a woman, a senior no less, who asked a date in for coffee after a movie date. Well she started the coffee pot in the kitchen and when she returned to the living room the man was standing there nude! You just never know!

Old 11-05-2017, 01:21 PM

82 posts, read 84,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
She should never have shared a car with him.
She should never have showed him where she lived.
I have to agree, here. Years ago, I joined Match. com, and started receiving calls from prospective dates. I had consented for my phone number to be given out, but not my address. Someone screwed up at the dating center and was giving my address out left and right. I didn't know this until I consented to a date with a young man for the upcoming weekend, and he already knew where I lived. The first sign of something being wrong was the fact that after we had made the date, he phoned me every night to "see how I was doing." I told him that I would see him that weekend, but the calls continued until I had to ignore them.

I began to feel as if I should cancel the date but since he already knew where I lived, I decided to go through with it so that I at least would know what he looked like and what kind of car he drove in case he turned out to be a creep. We went to a movie in his car, and he kept staring at me meaningfully instead of at the movie and I felt really uncomfortable. At the end of the evening he drove me home and insisted on coming in, but I told him I was tired. I resolved not to see him again but he started phoning me every day once more. One night he showed up, uninvited around midnight and started knocking really hard on the front door. I called the police but he had already driven away. I was frightened at this point and called the dating service and canceled. Thankfully after I threatened to report him to the authorities he stopped calling!

Old 11-05-2017, 03:52 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,673,296 times
Oh, good lord, NO, she should not be tattling to the pastor that the choir director was a pushy date. She handled it, and that was that. Why turn it into a drama-rama? If every guy was outed to their boss when they tried to push the limits -- there would be a lot of bosses getting phone calls first thing Monday morning, y'know? Being a choir director is not a precursor to sainthood.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:50 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,729,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
She should never have shared a car with him.
She should never have showed him where she lived.
Are you joking? That's pretty standard behavior for a date. Maybe if it was a blind date, but they were already acquainted.

Last edited by Marlow; 11-05-2017 at 06:59 PM..

Old 11-05-2017, 07:26 PM

638 posts, read 530,389 times
Quote:
Is this how men are acting on dates now ?
Emphatic NO. Normal men don't act that way.

You might have indeed saved her life. He might just be a jerk. Hard to tell.

There is no reason to complain to a lady that she won't let you in.

That said I wouldn't tell the pastor unless he followed up with more creepy behavior. To my mind he was wrong but he did not harm her.

Sorry that happened to your friend.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:28 PM

638 posts, read 530,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Oh, good lord, NO, she should not be tattling to the pastor that the choir director was a pushy date. She handled it, and that was that. Why turn it into a drama-rama? If every guy was outed to their boss when they tried to push the limits -- there would be a lot of bosses getting phone calls first thing Monday morning, y'know? Being a choir director is not a precursor to sainthood.
A church is not a regular job. It's a community of faith. I think comparing this to a job is inappropriate. The choir director has more than job authority over people. He has a social / spiritual leadership responsibility and that involves acting ethically.

I do agree that this is not enough in and of itself, but if he follows up, she should speak up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships