Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 08:32 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssusie123 View Post
Because she is obviously trying to bait me into a argument or even physical fight.

Let her bait all she wants. If you don't take the bait, there's no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
What are those options?
I gave you one in the very message you replied to.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:33 AM

21 posts, read 23,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Exactly. It's insulting to the Dean to reduce his/her role to playground monitor.
So if someone continues to make inappropriate remarks to you after you have asked them to stop, what should you do? There has to be someone to handle situations like this.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
So if someone continues to make inappropriate remarks to you after you have asked them to stop, what should you do? There has to be someone to handle situations like this.
That person is YOU.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Let her bait all she wants. If you don't take the bait, there's no problem.
That's letting her off the hook. I shouldn't have to deal with this. It's creating a hostile environment for me

Old 02-22-2018, 08:35 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
. She's a single mother with two kids, if I bring that up she is going to get mad at me and want to fight.
That should tell you everything you need to know about this person. I'd feel like I was in hell if I had to go through a tough nursing curriculum as a single mom. Her life is probably hell. She takes it out on other people. It also sounds like she made some negative choices in life that she regrets now, such as hooking up with the wrong kind of men. So she has made you her punching bag. I agree you are right to make a formal complaint and ask that the harassment be stopped. Just because it's a woman doing the harassing doesn't make it any less worse. I guarantee they'd take it seriously if a man was doing it but as a woman, she may get more leniency. Just something to be aware of.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
That person is YOU.
What if she doesn't stop then what???

Old 02-22-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
That's letting her off the hook. I shouldn't have to deal with this. It's creating a hostile environment for me
So let her off the hook. Are you looking for the discussion to cease, or are you looking to get her into trouble?

Why does it matter what she thinks? Stop letting it get to you. Her opinion of you does not matter one iota.

"I am choosing to focus on my education." Drop mic. Walk away.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
What if she doesn't stop then what???
It's sounding like you want this to escalate to a fight. Maybe not a physical one, but certainly one where your "punch" is delivered by the Dean. You want to WIN this fight.

Stop engaging. Stop caring what this girl thinks. Ignore her. Stop letting her get under your skin. Walk away from the fight.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
So let her off the hook. Are you looking for the discussion to cease, or are you looking to get her into trouble?

Why does it matter what she thinks? Stop letting it get to you. Her opinion of you does not matter one iota.

"I am choosing to focus on my education." Drop mic. Walk away.
Constantly announcing that I need a husband is disrespectful and I feel that I deserve more respect than that. You're right her opinion doesn't matter therefore she should keep it to herself. I don't think I should put up with this especially since the other women in our group are not subject to this type of scrutiny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships