Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 07:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
No :/ i went there but things were busy so i waited and they had me make an appointment. now i can't make that appointment because unfortunately life stuff is going on and lots of problems. But i hope to get it worked out soon. i want to be in school more than anything.
Be sure to call and cancel/reschedule the appointment rather than just not show up. Always best to show respect and professionalism regarding other people's time.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:54 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
"Life stuff" is the perfect reason to do nothing at all.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:03 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
No :/ i went there but things were busy so i waited and they had me make an appointment. now i can't make that appointment because unfortunately life stuff is going on and lots of problems. But i hope to get it worked out soon. i want to be in school more than anything.
People make the time for what is important to them. If school is important to you, you will free up some time to make another appointment and go talk to them.

I don't know the college that you are interested in has rolling admissions so please pay attention to nay deadlines that you have to meet.

This is why people are cautioning you against going to school full time while working full time. It's hard balancing school, work and a personal life. If you ease into it, you can see how much you can handle.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:24 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Maybe I am oblivious, but I haven't seen that behaviour since I was in a weekend job in high school. Never had issues like this, and I have had at least a dozen employers over the years.

Maybe it the careers you are choosing?
Wouldn’t know, you’re asking the wrong person. I’ve never worked for anyone but myself and never been an employee. I’m just going off what everyone I know always complains about. I’m glad not to be in the fray. I count myself fortunate I’ll never have to work for anyone else lol.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:42 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
At least cancel the appointment they made for you...before you do is there any way to make adjustments with the "life stuff" so that you can at least get in and talk with them?

It's very difficult to do well in school when your life is not steady or stable. Perhaps you can sign up for one class to see what it's like to attend a CC and to see how well you succeed in the class.

One thing I adhered to when I was younger and carving my way through life; was to make sure I never allowed others to delay me in progressing forward. If anyone was in my life that caused me to delay my pursuits I would remove myself and my life from associating with them. People will delay you if you allow it. Make your boundaries and stick to them when it comes to fulfilling your life goals and pursuits.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:12 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
Quote:
Many of the posters here told you to make an appointment BEFORE you went to the community college.

Belle, many of the posters here want to help you and want you to be able to achieve your dreams. Many offer very good advice for doing so, even with simple things like making an appointment.

And who's "life stuff" is it that is preventing you from making the appointment? You've done very well to get away from your hometown and family. I can only imagine what that's like to move away with no support system in place. But that move away was step 1 in you achieving the life of your dreams. Don't get sucked into other people's problems. Step 2 is setting up an appointment at the school and making it happen.

You know what you want. Only you can make it happen.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:36 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Many of the posters here told you to make an appointment BEFORE you went to the community college.

Belle, many of the posters here want to help you and want you to be able to achieve your dreams. Many offer very good advice for doing so, even with simple things like making an appointment.

And who's "life stuff" is it that is preventing you from making the appointment? You've done very well to get away from your hometown and family. I can only imagine what that's like to move away with no support system in place. But that move away was step 1 in you achieving the life of your dreams. Don't get sucked into other people's problems. Step 2 is setting up an appointment at the school and making it happen.

You know what you want. Only you can make it happen.
Thisssssssssssssss.

To be honest, she does have a "support" system... Mr. France.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:10 PM

314 posts, read 237,462 times
Or , he’s paying for my school and going to Paris. I wish you all the luck

Old 06-17-2018, 03:13 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
It's very difficult to do well in school when your life is not steady or stable.
Absolutely. And, in my experience, professors will rarely cut you any slack when personal issues arise.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:41 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Thisssssssssssssss.

To be honest, she does have a "support" system... Mr. France.
No need to be mean!

I don't know that "Mr. France" is any kind of sugar daddy at all. But he does seem to be helping Belle expand her horizons and think of new possibilities for herself. THAT is so valuable and the fact that OP is taking that and running is fantastic.

Keep going, Belle! Keep your eyes and mind open and keep learning what you like and what you're good at!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships