Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 08:01 PM

65 posts, read 35,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I think you should go. At least to try and change whatever perception your neighbors might have of you.

Show them that you can be open and gregarious. You can't always help people's perceptions of you, but it seems like this gathering is a golden opportunity to try.
I'm going
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 08:14 PM

[quote=Kayekaye;56777629]Go and loudly tell the story of your sister calling to talk about bad neighbors. Then say how you shared stories of your old bad neighbors while outside. End with “Gee. I hope no one overheard that and thought I meant my new neighbors! You people are great and I can’t wait to get to know more of you!” Good luck[quote]

, There was nothing in the my post about a phone conversation about neighbors hers or mine

Old 12-03-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What in the world did you say on the phone that would be so off-putting that people would shun you?
Don't ask me, it wasn't about them. but IF they are so offended by a private phone call that they think I was talking them, they're the one's that are paranoid.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:55 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Yep, buy more land. 10,000 acres would be a good start for me.

Neighbors are mostly jerks no matter where. I lived in a wealthy area, those neighbors were all rich, entitled, self centered elites, and I drove a Chevy. Then we moved to the ghetto to be near our work. There were good people among the scum, but three drug houses and 246 police calls in one year on one block was enough for us and we moved.

Thankfully our home here is walled and gated as are the others. We've lived here for 4 years and I STILL don't know any of the neighbors names. And I don't wanna to know either. I just come home, hit the gate and garage openers and disappear into the bat cave.

But what's funny is everyone in the neighborhood waves at you as they drive past in their cars. People that I have no clue who they are wave at me. And yes, I wave too. LOL

Old 12-04-2019, 02:20 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,228,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Yep, buy more land. 10,000 acres would be a good start for me.

Neighbors are mostly jerks no matter where. I lived in a wealthy area, those neighbors were all rich, entitled, self centered elites, and I drove a Chevy. Then we moved to the ghetto to be near our work. There were good people among the scum, but three drug houses and 246 police calls in one year on one block was enough for us and we moved.

Thankfully our home here is walled and gated as are the others. We've lived here for 4 years and I STILL don't know any of the neighbors names. And I don't wanna to know either. I just come home, hit the gate and garage openers and disappear into the bat cave.

But what's funny is everyone in the neighborhood waves at you as they drive past in their cars. People that I have no clue who they are wave at me. And yes, I wave too. LOL

Why do you think that "neighbors are mostly jerks no matter where"? The thread below addresses the waving phenomenon and not truly knowing people even after decades.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/non-...fter-many.html

Old 12-04-2019, 06:04 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson24 View Post
Don't ask me, it wasn't about them. but IF they are so offended by a private phone call that they think I was talking them, they're the one's that are paranoid.
Ummm... it’s you who think your neighbors are listening to your phone calls and spreading gossip.. you’re the paranoid one. Go back and read your first post. It reads like someone who wears tinfoil hats

Old 12-04-2019, 07:22 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
OP, it DOES kind of read like an over reaction on your part, but who knows? You're there, and we're not.

I'm glad you're going. I Hope you have a fun time. :-)

Old 12-04-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
If I were you I wouldn’t even bring up all of these suspicions. I think you’re probably more likely wrong than right.
I decided to go after I posted this, I'm not going say anything about it.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:27 AM

[quote=Sassybluesy;56781608]OP, it DOES kind of read like an over reaction on your part, but who knows? You're there, and we're not.

I'm glad you're going. I Hope you have a fun time. :-)[quote]

Yes, I'm going. Thanks

Old 12-04-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Ummm... it’s you who think your neighbors are listening to your phone calls and spreading gossip.. you’re the paranoid one. Go back and read your first post. It reads like someone who wears tinfoil hats

Yes, I admit it was over the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships