Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:53 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,517,625 times

Advertisements

I grew up in a small town and there were some students that I had gone to school with since kindergarten. I went to my tenth and twentieth and enjoyed both, the thirtieth is coming up in two years and I will be sure to go to that one too. Whenever I can I head south from northern California the 350 miles to the bay area to visit family, yet they say it is too far to visit me. Once or twice a year I get together with members of an auto forum for the honda ridgeline, I will be going to my fifth one at the end of September in Yosemite park. It is fun to get together with people you care about and share something in common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 02:37 PM

46 posts, read 130,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
They're old friends and acquaintances. Old memories. Sometimes they're fun to revisit. Is that so bloody hard to understand? Sheesh.
I understand the desire to see old friends and acquaintances, what I don't understand is why there appears to be a disproportionate amount of importance to maintaining and renewing contact with old friends and acquaintances from a specific few years of one's life, namely high school. Rarely do we see official, large-scale reunions of "People Who Worked at Delta Airlines in 1980", or "People Who Rode Bus #190 in 1975", yet it appears that almost every high school class has recurrent reunions.

I should add, I have kept in touch with "old friends and acquaintances" from high school and beyond, but so far this hasn't required attendance at reunions. I just don't understand it, no need to take offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships