Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:28 PM

485 posts, read 1,841,434 times

Advertisements

I am fascinated with the lady who lives across the street. She is one of the beautiful people who seems to have it all. Her husband is super good looking and works as an executive at a Fortune 500 Company. He makes so much money that his wife does not have to work and is a full time Mother.

When the kids are at school a variety of beautiful women come by and visit her and then she will drive off with them and do lunch. I see her with a large group of fancy looking women at the local Starbucks all the time. I also see that she is always coming back from the fancy mall with bags of clothes. She seems to be part of the idle rich who lunch, socialize and shop all the time.

What really impresses me is how many friends she has. A new fancy friend is coming by nearly every day. All her friends seem to be really fancy and incredibly poised. They are all so well dressed. I suspect other wives of local executives.

Do you pity or admire the social life of this type of women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 12:29 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,352,469 times
Appearances can be deceiving sometimes.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:34 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,282,719 times
Both.

I like the stuff...but the shallow and boring company and its excessive need for vapid attention sickens me.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
Hi!

I might remind you that you don't know the quality of the friends. They could be "toxic" or deceptive.

They could be part of a tight nit church, women's organization, family, or cult too.

If she seems like a nice lady. Then try and befriend her

Old 09-10-2008, 12:42 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,615,990 times
Awww Refugee, stop being so un-neighborly, why don't you come by for some coffee in about a half hour!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 PM

288 posts, read 656,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I am fascinated with the lady who lives across the street. She is one of the beautiful people who seems to have it all. Her husband is super good looking and works as an executive at a Fortune 500 Company. He makes so much money that his wife does not have to work and is a full time Mother.

When the kids are at school a variety of beautiful women come by and visit her and then she will drive off with them and do lunch. I see her with a large group of fancy looking women at the local Starbucks all the time. I also see that she is always coming back from the fancy mall with bags of clothes. She seems to be part of the idle rich who lunch, socialize and shop all the time.

What really impresses me is how many friends she has. A new fancy friend is coming by nearly every day. All her friends seem to be really fancy and incredibly poised. They are all so well dressed. I suspect other wives of local executives.

Hey, if you're across the street from this beautiful woman, you can't be too shabby yourself.

and yes, like Mr.Cat said, appearances can be deceiving....

Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
^ Maybe she was using a telescope to view this lady from "across the street"

Old 09-10-2008, 12:58 PM

288 posts, read 656,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
^ Maybe she was using a telescope to view this lady from "across the street"
So true...there are laws against that...lol

Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,072,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post

How do you know that her husband works at a fortune 500company? And how do we know the lady you are talking about is not you?
I could care less about the lifestlye of the rich or the wannabe rich. Material possessions are not a good thing to have in life.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:15 PM

132 posts, read 463,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
How do you know that her husband works at a fortune 500company? And how do we know the lady you are talking about is not you?
I could care less about the lifestlye of the rich or the wannabe rich. Material possessions are not a good thing to have in life.
Good point.

What distinguishes you from her? Why haven't you introduced yourself to her? You obviously stay at home as well if you have time to spy on her all day. You obviously live in a comparable home "across the street." What is your fascination?

Or is it you, and you are feeling as though your life is shallow and want some validation? I'm sure this group can help either way, but it would be helpful to understand your intentions with this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships