Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:59 AM

240 posts, read 1,289,607 times

Advertisements

How do you know her life is so grande? Looks can be deceiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I work from home one day a week and like to goof off and I can see the comings and goings of the "fancy" women across the street from my computer room. I usually go out and walk around every day and see her and her beautiful husband and kids then. Both my wife and I have said hello to that beautiful couple and did not get the time of day. They are way to fancy to deal with trash like us!
Are you for real???????? And didn't you post the other week that you were stuck in a shelter in Little Rock because you were bused out of New Orleans ahead of Gustav?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:13 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Are you for real???????? And didn't you post the other week that you were stuck in a shelter in Little Rock because you were bused out of New Orleans ahead of Gustav?
Interesting..........Nice catch!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:18 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Interesting..........Nice catch!
I'm just a nosey byatch always getting' into everyones kool aid

Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
I'm just a nosey byatch always getting' into everyones kool aid
Hey, I love it!!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 AM

485 posts, read 1,840,082 times
Default Yes, I am real

Quote:
Yes, I am real. I was stuck in a shelter in Little Rock but have returned to the City after a few days. In between hurricanes I work at a large New Orleans employer as an Office Operations Manager. I work from home every Friday. On that day I can watch with interest the goings on in my neighbohood.

Last edited by Refugee56; 09-11-2008 at 07:42 AM..

Old 09-11-2008, 06:55 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I am fascinated with the lady who lives across the street. She is one of the beautiful people who seems to have it all. Her husband is super good looking and works as an executive at a Fortune 500 Company. He makes so much money that his wife does not have to work and is a full time Mother.

When the kids are at school a variety of beautiful women come by and visit her and then she will drive off with them and do lunch. I see her with a large group of fancy looking women at the local Starbucks all the time. I also see that she is always coming back from the fancy mall with bags of clothes. She seems to be part of the idle rich who lunch, socialize and shop all the time.

What really impresses me is how many friends she has. A new fancy friend is coming by nearly every day. All her friends seem to be really fancy and incredibly poised. They are all so well dressed. I suspect other wives of local executives.

Do you pity or admire the social life of this type of women?
I believe that everyone has their demons. Most likely, she has a lot of insecurities that she is not as good as her friends, or that somehow all of the aspects of her privileged life will come crashing around her. Can you imagine the pressure of having to *always* look good, speak well, have the "right" stuff, etc? More pressure than I would want on a day-to-day basis.

Consider also that people like this often cannot handle problems in their life because they have never learned how to deal with misfortune. What if she turns up with breast cancer or her husband gets into a car wreck and suffers brain damage (god forbid)? What if one of her perfect children suddenly start hanging around with the "wrong crowd"? Her world will crumble because she has not developed the skills to cope with adversity.

Personally, I would not take her life if you gave it to me, but many people feel that her lifestyle is the ideal. To each their own, I say. But you cannot always judge a book by its cover and she may not be nearly so happy as she appears.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-11-2008, 07:32 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Thats why I like small town, country style living. No one has to 'compete' with the other to be liked, we're just plain, simple people who dont flaunt who we are or what we have. If your friends come over in a beat up pickup truck you dont have to worry about what the neighours think or having HOA fine you because it 'clutters the community'. If you want to sit on your wraparound porch at night and play an acoustic guitar with a couple of friends, no problem, no complaints.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:32 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
We're doing lunch again today at 12:30, Refugee. Want to join?

We see you peeking.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
We're doing lunch again today at 12:30, Refugee. Want to join?

We see you peeking.
Are you going to strip down to bras and panties for a tickle fight, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships