Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:08 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,774,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
Maybe the last two posters were social misfits who can only communicate on a computer.
I have said that maybe people who meet in person for a date set up online should meet at an Internet cafe with a couple of laptops...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 PM

37,805 posts, read 46,315,811 times
Quote:
I have a few people that I email back and forth to all the time but rarely see. Our emails are great and so interesting. We can say anything to each other via email but when we do see each other in person we are shy and ill at ease. I wonder sometimes if there is really any chemistry or friendship with this person when we visit face to face. Our in person communication seems to lack chemistry. Maybe we are ill at ease about how open we were to each other in emails. But then we go back to our daily emailing and the magic is back. Can you relate?
No. Not in any way.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:18 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,023,537 times
If you can't talk in person, you are not a normal friend.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:06 AM

128 posts, read 404,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you can't talk in person, you are not a normal friend.
Should the two of us stop emailing because we do not have the natural chemistry when we see each other in person that we have in our emails?

Old 05-01-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Should the two of us stop emailing because we do not have the natural chemistry when we see each other in person that we have in our emails?
How old are you?

Old 05-01-2010, 05:47 AM

128 posts, read 404,854 times
I am 31. That silly question about age is always used as a argument if someone does not like a question or comment on a message board. They will try to say that the person must be very young and immature to ask such a question. How absurd! The mature thing to do is if you do not like my question move on to another posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
How old are you?

Old 05-01-2010, 06:59 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,380,358 times
Quote:
I have a few people that I email back and forth to all the time but rarely see. Our emails are great and so interesting. We can say anything to each other via email but when we do see each other in person we are shy and ill at ease. I wonder sometimes if there is really any chemistry or friendship with this person when we visit face to face. Our in person communication seems to lack chemistry. Maybe we are ill at ease about how open we were to each other in emails. But then we go back to our daily emailing and the magic is back. Can you relate?
I have several "friends" like this. It has its place.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
I am 31. That silly question about age is always used as a argument if someone does not like a question or comment on a message board. They will try to say that the person must be very young and immature to ask such a question. How absurd! The mature thing to do is if you do not like my question move on to another posting!
No, it's used when the questions are so incredibly immature that you wonder how the poster managed to get access to the internet.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,125,405 times
Default Do you have any mostly email or texting friennds

Quote:
You ask too many tough questions!

Notice, I said tough questions, not dumb questions. Why analyze this to death? Either you are friends who want to keep a friendship going or you are not interested in keeping this friendship going. How can any of us advise you what to do?

To answer your post, I text my oldest son because sometimes he isn't where he can chat on a phone and texting makes it possible to answer when he has the time. The rest of my friends I email. I'm eager to visit in person with all of the friends I email, and when I see them nothing changes. I greet them with a hug if they are female, and with a handshake if they are male. I always let them know I'm happy to see them. Most of us have things in common, but sometimes the only thing we have in common is that we like each other.

Last edited by Nite Ryder; 05-01-2010 at 11:57 AM..

Old 05-01-2010, 06:39 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,365,051 times
Yes, it is getting to be where I seldom do telephone. We mostly email and text especially the out of area friends and the local we only call to confirm meeting places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships