Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:46 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,036,692 times

Advertisements

I meet folks on the web all the time and in a bit more time meet many face to face. That might be just once since distances are what they are. I stay in contact with many, far from my local. Most wish we could or would return.

Some knowing they would not be home about the time we would arrive would leave a note and keys to their homes too. Not bad for a first face to face meet.

Riding motorcycles is very social. Being a mod at a time helped a lot. But I still meet guys who come to NH, from away, and pay forward for the gifts i recieved at my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 12:32 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,341,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
I have a few people that I email back and forth to all the time but rarely see. Our emails are great and so interesting. We can say anything to each other via email but when we do see each other in person we are shy and ill at ease. I wonder sometimes if there is really any chemistry or friendship with this person when we visit face to face. Our in person communication seems to lack chemistry. Maybe we are ill at ease about how open we were to each other in emails. But then we go back to our daily emailing and the magic is back. Can you relate?
I can relate.....I think some people do feel freer and more open and spontaneous when they write emails or texts...or even posts on forums......I have felt this way myself. A friendship that "goes well" through emails may not feel the same "in person."....Some people have insecurities about how they look...or how they talk and this can cause them to "freeze-up" or become self-conscious when they interact with others "in-person." They feel "safe" behind a "screen" but insecure in "face-to-face" situations....Have you ever noticed this?.... I am happy to have "email friends" and don't push people for "more" if this makes them uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships