Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:13 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,598,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm51 View Post
This is what I thought. Both areas are very similar.
Okay some 10-20 floors high, highend type area. Have not been to Raleigh much so from the descirption that is what I was picturing.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:58 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,144 times
Quote:
You said nothing with this statement, or the rest of the ones in your argument for midtown raleigh being similar to uptown. If a bowling alley, chain restaurants and a marriott is all it takes to be in common.. hell I guess Spartanburg, SC and Uptown Charlotte are twins too! Ridiculous statement. They both have buildings, shops, and roads.. like every other place in the world. Give this one up buddy.
You contradicted yourself. That's the issue. I said the areas had a few thing in common. Big foot in mouth said they had ZERO things in common. You agreed with him. Which one of you two statements do you stand behind? Stop parroting every statement you hear. That would help. Arrrk that right, Arrrk what he said come up with some original thoughts for a change. Oh and stop drinking the Kool Aid. It kills what little credibility you have.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
How does me not believing you've been to Strike City 3 or 4 times have anything to do with me thinking your comparison to Midtown Raleigh and Downtown Atlanta is an irrelevant comparison.

You've been to Charlotte several times but on any occasions did you visit Plaza Midwood, NoDa, SouthPark, Myers Park, Dilworth, Park Rd, Midtown, Elizabeth, Morehead or any other center city neighborhoods?

While you were in uptown, you never chose to eat at Hooligans, Merts, Queen City Q or all the other places.

Here is Hooligans. The place you drove by and completely missed its existence.

This make no sense. As usual consider the source?

I was going to Mert's on my last trip to Charlotte. Was told it sucked. So I didn't go. Ended up at Chimas. Was kinda pricy but good.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:12 AM

363 posts, read 445,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
You contradicted yourself. That's the issue. I said the areas had a few thing in common. Big foot in mouth said they had ZERO things in common. You agreed with him. Which one of you two statements do you stand behind? Stop parroting every statement you hear. That would help. Arrrk that right, Arrrk what he said come up with some original thoughts for a change. Oh and stop drinking the Kool Aid. It kills what little credibility you have.
I am not contradicting myself at all. I never said the areas have nothing in common. The things they have in common are extremely generic. You are wrong on this one. Sorry man, please please just give up here. You are not right. Midtown Raleigh and Uptown Charlotte are NOT like each other. Having a bowling alley, movie theater, chain restaurants, apartments, hotels, and being clean. Yes they have that in common. But those things are so generic you could say that and describe half of america. THAT is my point.

Midtown is VERY similar to SouthPark, which is a very nice area. I stay in that Renaissance whenever I go to Raleigh, and I really like the area. I am not trying to bash it in any way, its just not similar. Don't even try to talk to me about credibility. You are the only one saying this. EVERYONE disagrees with you.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:13 AM

370 posts, read 543,865 times
I can't believe you guys are still arguing over this.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:07 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,412 times
You will not find a Dell Frisco's or Zebra Restaurant in Raleigh or any other city in North Carolina but Charlotte. They area very good restaurants. Zebra Restaurant is local owned.

http://delfriscos.com/locations
http://www.zebrarestaurant.net/

Old 11-04-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I am not contradicting myself at all. I never said the areas have nothing in common. The things they have in common are extremely generic. You are wrong on this one. Sorry man, please please just give up here. You are not right. Midtown Raleigh and Uptown Charlotte are NOT like each other. Having a bowling alley, movie theater, chain restaurants, apartments, hotels, and being clean. Yes they have that in common. But those things are so generic you could say that and describe half of america. THAT is my point.

Midtown is VERY similar to SouthPark, which is a very nice area. I stay in that Renaissance whenever I go to Raleigh, and I really like the area. I am not trying to bash it in any way, its just not similar. Don't even try to talk to me about credibility. You are the only one saying this. EVERYONE disagrees with you.
My point exactly. The things you just agreed to are ALL I said the two areas had in common. Period. I don'teven see where the argument came from on this one.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
My point exactly. The things you just agreed to are ALL I said the two areas had in common. Period. I don'teven see where the argument came from on this one.
Did you read my post at all?

Quote:

There I made it easy for you.

What you have said is the equivalent of saying mcdonalds and del friscos are similar because they both serve meat, potatoes, and ice cream.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Did you read my post at all?

There I made it easy for you.

What you have said is the equivalent of saying mcdonalds and del friscos are similar because they both serve meat, potatoes, and ice cream.
I didn't miss the generic comments. I ignored them. Because it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. I think you are trying to change the subject. To hide the fact one day you said kings bowl and strike city wer the same thing. One in uptown charlotte and the other in midtown Raleigh. Then in another post agreed 100% with the ridiculous statement that the two areas have ZERO things in common. Which position do you support now?

The generic similarities angle is you trying to wiggle out of owning one of you contradictory statements?

Old 11-04-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I didn't miss the generic comments. I ignored them. Because it has nothing to do with the subject at hand. I think you are trying to change the subject. To hide the fact one day you said kings bowl and strike city wer the same thing. One in uptown charlotte and the other in midtown Raleigh. Then in another post agreed 100% with the ridiculous statement that the two areas have ZERO things in common. Which position do you support now?

The generic similarities angle is you trying to wiggle out of owning one of you contradictory statements?
I'm done on this topic man. Its like talking to a brick wall. No one is hiding anything. Strike City is similar to Kings Bowl (Which you argued against by the way.. who is contradictory?). Anyways, what in gods name does a bowling alley have to do with this conversation. You are trying to win an argument that Midtown Raleigh, is similar to Uptown Charlotte. I have never contradicted myself. Comparing two bowling alleys has absolutely NOTHING to do with this conversation. Two bowling alleys can be similar, but the areas that they are in are not. Shocker. I'm sure Manhattan has an upscale bowling alley, it doesn't mean Charlotte and Manhattan are similar. Not a single person agrees with you that they are similar. End of discussion. No one is going to try to compare SouthPark to downtown Raleigh are they? That is the comparison you are making. It makes literally no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina