Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 07:49 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman View Post
Just for fun, you got me thinking about AAA 4/5 Diamond Restuarants between the two areas:

Charlotte - 5 diamond - none
Charlotte - 4 diamond - three
- Bonterra Dining & Wine Bar
- McNinch House
- Zebra Restaurant & Fine Catering

Triangle - 5 diamond - two
- The Fearrington House Restaurant
- Herons

Triangle - 4 diamond - five
- Carolina Crossroads
- Four Square Restaurant
- Il Palio Ristorante
- Second Empire Restaurant & Tavern
- The Fairview Dining Room
I would expect more from a"Big City". In comparison to a collection of "small college towns". If I go Atlanta,Philly,D.C. ect. I'm sure I could find more? It wouldn't even be close?

Old 01-27-2015, 08:33 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Can't see all the story you linked. Don't get the Journal sorry

Just googled it. The WJS story said 2 hours ago. I posted about this last week. Obviously I'm can't see the future. Go find something else to do with your time. Please!

Um, no. You were too busy doing the can can and you're immature "lol Raleighz gonna has Internet & not Charlotte"

In the Charlotte articles, they also mentioned Nashville & Atlanta. Not just as potential cities. They showed pictures of Atlanta & Nashville. Notice I didn't mention the other potential cities of San Antonio, San Jose, Portland or Salt Lake City....

Old 01-27-2015, 09:02 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,526 times
Quote:
I would expect more from a"Big City". In comparison to a collection of "small college towns". If I go Atlanta,Philly,D.C. ect. I'm sure I could find more? It wouldn't even be close?
The Fearrington House Restaurant is in Chapel Hill.
Herons is in Cary.

Raleigh 0
Charlotte 0

Old 01-27-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Um, no. You were too busy doing the can can and you're immature "lol Raleighz gonna has Internet & not Charlotte"

In the Charlotte articles, they also mentioned Nashville & Atlanta. Not just as potential cities. They showed pictures of Atlanta & Nashville. Notice I didn't mention the other potential cities of San Antonio, San Jose, Portland or Salt Lake City....
The Triangle bizjournals mentioned Raleigh/Durham first. Later that day or the next day can't remember the bizjournals mentioned Charlotte. Almost a week later WSJ says all cities. I fail to see your point.

You are one to call someone immature. A grown man who can't sleep at night,thinking about 'Urban Development". Hopefully the urban development fairy will put a skyscraper under your pillow tonight. So maybe you can find something else to do with your time.

Also a person who has been trying to one up Raleigh since 2009 shouldn't be judging anyone. How old were you in 09? 18?

Last edited by Atowwn; 01-27-2015 at 09:29 AM..

Old 01-27-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
- Bonterra Dining & Wine Bar in Charlotte
- McNinch House In Charlotte
- Zebra Restaurant & Fine Catering In Charlotte
- Passion Bistro in Fort Mill

- The Fearrington House Restaurant in Pittsboro, Chatham county
Chatham county
- Herons in Cary

- Carolina Crossroads in Chapel Hill
- Four Square Restaurant in Durham
- Il Palio Ristorante in Chapel Hill
- Second Empire Restaurant & Tavern in Raleigh
- The Fairview Dining Room in Durham

Most of the restaurants are in (5 diamonds / Cary -1 ) , ( 4 Diamonds / Charlotte 4, Chapel Hill 2, Durham 2 then Raleigh 1).

Last edited by CLT1985; 01-27-2015 at 09:41 AM..

Old 01-27-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
- Bonterra Dining & Wine Bar in Charlotte
- McNinch House In Charlotte
- Zebra Restaurant & Fine Catering In Charlotte

- The Fearrington House Restaurant in Chapel Hill
- Herons in Cary

- Carolina Crossroads in Chapel Hill
- Four Square Restaurant in Durham
- Il Palio Ristorante in Chapel Hill
- Second Empire Restaurant & Tavern in Raleigh
- The Fairview Dining Room in Durham

Most of the restaurants are in (5 diamonds / Chapel Hill 1 , Cary -1 ) , ( 4 Diamonds / Charlotte 3, Chapel Hill 2, Durham 2 then Raleigh 1).
Ok and your point is

You do know the Triangle is Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill right?

Old 01-27-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Ok and your point is

You do know the Triangle is Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill right?
I was just showing what cities the restaurants are located in cast the reader on this forum wanted to eat at one of the restaurants, that's all. Everyone knows what main cities make up the Triangle.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
I was just show what cities the restaurants are located in cast the reader on this forum wanted to eat at one of the restaurants, that's all. Everyone knows what main cities make up the Triangle.
Ok. No problem

Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 AM

Diamond Rated Restaurants in North & South Carolina.

Diamond Rated Restaurants

Old 01-27-2015, 11:39 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,307,802 times
Congrats the both cities for landing GoogleFiber. It appears Five Diamond restaurants may not have been the determining factor. This high speed internet network will be transformative for both metros and perhaps causing both areas to really compete for more national prominent corporate expansions and bigger economic growth. This is great for both areas.

Google Fiber coming to Charlotte, major utility work to follow - Charlotte Business Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina