Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
I'm a Fayetteville native and I've been here for the last 3 decades, and I haven't seen it either.
I spend a lot of time downtown; I've worked on a lot the buildings during their renovations, and my wife sells at the farmers' market every Saturday. There are a few rich people who own a lot of property, but they don't "hang" out down there. It's mainly young professionals and people associated with the court house and county/city offices: lawyers, clerks, a small art scene, office workers.
Yeah. That's pretty much what I have experienced when in Fayetteville, too.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:34 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmile View Post
According to wikipedia, only 53,301 children go to Cumberland County/Fort Bragg Schools.
If we add 53,000 and 30 thousand we get 83k. If we were to assume only half of the fort bragg soldiers were married then we would have 98,000. Fort Bragg only extends slightly in Fayetteville, it also extends into Hoke County. Fayetteville is 92.9 square miles. 40k of the population live on Fort Bragg. The neighborhoods such as Devonwood, Loch Lomond, Waters Edge, Gates 4, Forest Creek Estates, Jamestown and much more are NO WHERE NEAR Fort Bragg. The apartment complexes Cambridge Arms, Barton Landing, Independence place and much more are NO WHERE NEAR Fort Bragg.
What are you talking about. Devonwood, Loch Lomond, Waters Edge are less than 5 minutes from 2 Ft Bragg gates (Reilly and Yadkin). I don't know where Gates Four or Forest Creek Estates are, but someone else just mentioned that they are not far. Cambridge Arms (full of low income residents, crime, drugs, etc) is on McPherson Ch, which turns into Yadkin, which obviously runs right into the Yadkin Rd gate. Independence Place is I'm pretty sure off of Morganton or Cliffdale, which once again is less than 5-10 minutes from the Reilly/Yadkin gates. Do you even live here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 PM

401 posts, read 657,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
What are you talking about. Devonwood, Loch Lomond, Waters Edge are less than 5 minutes from 2 Ft Bragg gates (Reilly and Yadkin). I don't know where Gates Four or Forest Creek Estates are, but someone else just mentioned that they are not far. Cambridge Arms (full of low income residents, crime, drugs, etc) is on McPherson Ch, which turns into Yadkin, which obviously runs right into the Yadkin Rd gate. Independence Place is I'm pretty sure off of Morganton or Cliffdale, which once again is less than 5-10 minutes from the Reilly/Yadkin gates. Do you even live here?
No,
According to mapquest-
Devonwood (I used Bonanza drive)- 17 minutes away
Loch Lomond (I used Baldoon)- 21 minutes away
Gates Four (I used Irongate drive)- 33 minutes away
Forest Creek Estate (I used Forest Creek Drive)- 19 minutes away
Cambirdge Arms (I used Barcelona drive)- 19 minutes away
---------------
As you can see, they are 5-10 minutes away. I can't even tell if you live there. You should know how LONG Morganton and Cliffdale is.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
No,
According to mapquest-
Devonwood (I used Bonanza drive)- 17 minutes away
Loch Lomond (I used Baldoon)- 21 minutes away
Gates Four (I used Irongate drive)- 33 minutes away
Forest Creek Estate (I used Forest Creek Drive)- 19 minutes away
Cambirdge Arms (I used Barcelona drive)- 19 minutes away
---------------
As you can see, they are 5-10 minutes away. I can't even tell if you live there. You should know how LONG Morganton and Cliffdale is.
Lol. I am not using mapquest. I am using the experience of driving it every damn day. I live in Loch Lomond, Mr. Mapquest. Takes 5 minutes to get to the Reilly gate. All you have to do is get on Ryan St./Baldoon or Ryan/Kimridge and turn right onto Reilly. I PASS Devonwood on the way to Bragg, meaning Devonwood is even CLOSER right there on S. Reilly. Gates Four, I'm not even sure why you're bringing it up but yeah it's pretty far, on the other side of Raeford Rd. But even then Raeford Rd. turns into Reilly which leads right into Bragg. Cambridge Arms, I mean it's right there on McPherson Church Rd. which turns into Yadkin which...is going to be Ft. Bragg. Cliffdale Rd and Morganton Rd are fairly long I suppose (I drive on both daily as well), but so what? Traffic is going to be the real problem, especially on Cliffdale.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Lol. I am not using mapquest. I am using the experience of driving it every damn day. I live in Loch Lomond, Mr. Mapquest. Takes 5 minutes to get to the Reilly gate. All you have to do is get on Ryan St./Baldoon or Ryan/Kimridge and turn right onto Reilly. I PASS Devonwood on the way to Bragg, meaning Devonwood is even CLOSER right there on S. Reilly. Gates Four, I'm not even sure why you're bringing it up but yeah it's pretty far, on the other side of Raeford Rd. But even then Raeford Rd. turns into Reilly which leads right into Bragg. Cambridge Arms, I mean it's right there on McPherson Church Rd. which turns into Yadkin which...is going to be Ft. Bragg. Cliffdale Rd and Morganton Rd are fairly long I suppose (I drive on both daily as well), but so what? Traffic is going to be the real problem, especially on Cliffdale.
I live in Loch Lomond as well. Off of Ryan. Takes 15-20 mins to get to Fort Bragg. During rush hour it takes 40-60 mins.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I live in Loch Lomond as well. Off of Ryan. Takes 15-20 mins to get to Fort Bragg. During rush hour it takes 40-60 mins.
What the hell way do you go? Go out on Ryan, turn left onto Baldoon, it forces you right onto S. Reilly across from the sports bar/asian restaurant/pawn shop/gun shop/HL auto, and voila 1 mile/5-10 mins later TOPS you are in Ft. Bragg. What are you talking about?

You must have just moved here, and think since you mapquested everything you are the authority of Fay-Ft Bragg travel. Strangely enough, Google Maps put Ryan St. at 37 minutes from Ft. Bragg. Anyone who actually lives here can tell you how ridiculously inaccurate that is. Look at the map. All you need to do is exactly what I said. Turn onto Reilly. That's it. I do it 3x a week and get to where I need to be in 15-20 minutes. On Ft Bragg itself within 5 minutes. None of this Cliffdale, All American, Raeford Rd nonsense.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=r...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
I was just thinking-
When do you think skyscrapers will start popping up all over Fayetteville?
According to this it has a pretty large population-
Fayetteville Demographics & Statistics
(265k)
Which isn't surprising. I think the tallest building in the city is the systel building which is i think 15 or 20 floors.
Offtopic:
I found this Very interesting-
Durham has 360k people?
Durham Demographics & Statistics
That's more then Greensboro!
Greensboro Demographics & Statistics
Metro area population isn't a perfect way to measure a city's skyline worthiness. In Fayetteville's case though, the area shouldn't expect to have a top 5 NC skyline. The list of metropolitan areas for North Carolina shows that Fayetteville is #7; sandwiched in between Asheville and Hickory when it comes to population. Fayetteville's current skyline is slightly better than Hickory; slightly smaller than Asheville. In other words, Fayetteville's skyline is doing just fine for Fayetteville's size.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Metro area population isn't a perfect way to measure a city's skyline worthiness. In Fayetteville's case though, the area shouldn't expect to have a top 5 NC skyline. The list of metropolitan areas for North Carolina shows that Fayetteville is #7; sandwiched in between Asheville and Hickory when it comes to population. Fayetteville's current skyline is slightly better than Hickory; slightly smaller than Asheville. In other words, Fayetteville's skyline is doing just fine for Fayetteville's size.
I though some of Raleigh and Durham would rub off on Fayetteville. The metro population for Fayetteville is around 500,000. Cumberland County is large.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
What the hell way do you go? Go out on Ryan, turn left onto Baldoon, it forces you right onto S. Reilly across from the sports bar/asian restaurant/pawn shop/gun shop/HL auto, and voila 1 mile/5-10 mins later TOPS you are in Ft. Bragg. What are you talking about?

You must have just moved here, and think since you mapquested everything you are the authority of Fay-Ft Bragg travel. Strangely enough, Google Maps put Ryan St. at 37 minutes from Ft. Bragg. Anyone who actually lives here can tell you how ridiculously inaccurate that is. Look at the map. All you need to do is exactly what I said. Turn onto Reilly. That's it. I do it 3x a week and get to where I need to be in 15-20 minutes. On Ft Bragg itself within 5 minutes. None of this Cliffdale, All American, Raeford Rd nonsense.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=r...ra=ls&t=m&z=12
I don't go on Baldoon. I keep straight and go onto kimbridge. Then i take a left on Reily. I take another left and end up to Cliffdale. Then i keep going on cliffdale headed towards downtown. When I am on Hay Street i start going towards FSU campus. I keep going straight until I reach Ramsey Street. Then i circle around until I find Fort Bragg gates. I only go to Fort Bragg for the credit union and to sell stuff on craigslist.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
I though some of Raleigh and Durham would rub off on Fayetteville. The metro population for Fayetteville is around 500,000. Cumberland County is large.

I'm dubious about that 500k number.

Thing about it is that Fayetteville cannot escape being a military town.

If people want the Raleigh/Durham vibe, they just come here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina