Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 09:48 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,414,089 times

Advertisements

many Republicans have no problem with open borders, amnesty, for example, to pander to big corps that want cheap labor, plus many think it is Christian to let people come here and forgive them for entering illegally, and have idealistic view of immigration in general. obviously Obama and Democrats want open borders so more poor illegal immigrants keep coming here because they are likely Democrat voters.

the national debt has doubled under Obama, and some of that is due to lack of opposition from the GOP.

Obama would have probably been impeached for his executive amnesty, an illegal action, if he was white but GOP didn't want to do it because he and Democrats would call it racism. that's been the main fear for 8 years, they are paralyzed with fear of being called racist. you see a similar fear in this bathroom issue, many people don't htink men should be in female restrooms but don't want to be called bigots so they don't oppose it.

if there was a way that we could enact a truly conservative economic agenda in this country, this country would boom like never before and everybody would be happier. it is never going to happen though, especially if we don't seal up the borders. simply sealing the borders would help our poor people find work and wages would increase as well. we have so many people out of work and living in poverty yet immigrants keep pouring into our country. this country is going to become 3rd world if the number of poor people keeps increasing, it is not sustainable.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 10-18-2016 at 10:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 07:53 AM

294 posts, read 233,530 times
The biggest drain on the deficit and budget are entitlements. Social Sec. age needs to be raised for younger people and fraud in other programs need to be addressed. To say all the poor want to work is like saying all the homeless want homes. There also needs to be a way to make employers hold out taxes on all employees including undocumented ones.

And your wife and daughters are in much more danger in a room alone with Trump than they are in a room with a transsexual. The so called bathroom issue is nothing more than pandering to the far right after having gay marriage legalized nationwide. In NC it was also a way to add on other provisions fast and hopefully without anyone opposing it. We all know how that worked out.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:14 AM

not sure how a person who supports Hillary who is still married to Bill Clinton, a man accused of rape and groping by several women, is making Trump out as a pervert. obviously this is a special kind of hypocrisy. She has attacked her husband's accusers in the past. they all hate her.

the bathroom issue is about safety for women and little girls, something obviously you don't care about. rapes and assaults on women and little girls are going to go up if men in the restrooms and locker rooms is normalized. it is interesting that the party that accuses GOP of waging a 'war on women' is now attaaking GOP for caring about safety of women and little girls and their right of privacy.

it is not 'far right wing' to not want men in restrooms. you also haven't even addressed how a man can be a woman. how is that biologically possible. that seems relevant. we can just as easily say Charlotte's ordinance was about pandering the far left.

the bathroom issue is not related to the gay marriage issue at all. you guys like link things that are completelty unrelated. in the past, the left has said that people who oppose gay marriage also hate women and black people. no evidence of that has been provided. is somebody who has a problem with adultery, pre-marital sex, alcohol, or gambling also a racist and sexist?

i never understand why lesbian and gay got lumped in with transgendered. it so different. One group is rightly saying people should accept us for who we are, we were born this way. the other group is saying that we shouldn't accept them the way they were born. they basically have the complete opposite messages.

do you support eliminating separate men and women facilities altogether? why not, if there is no public safety issue?

Last edited by ClemVegas; 10-19-2016 at 10:35 AM..

Old 10-19-2016, 10:35 AM

88 posts, read 55,967 times
I support HB2 because it supports private property rights. Private businesses in Charlotte and the rest of NC are now allowed to keep with social norms by keeping traditionally gender segregated restrooms the same, and not have to follow the views of a Mayor. If they choose a more liberal policy on bathrooms, they can do that too under HB2

Have any of the big name companies that have publically come out against HB2 allowed men to enter women's bathrooms in their offices? I've not seen a news conference with a ribbon cutting ceremony at Redhat or Cisco to open up the restrooms in support of diversity.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 AM

294 posts, read 233,530 times
Sometimes fact check can be ones best friend. Not talk radio, not faux news and not far right blogs. And its funny how the family values group puts stock in the three mouthpieces of the current GOP run for Pres. Newt Rudy and Donald.........Three men Nine Wives...........and I'm sure they are not finished yet.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:39 AM

having affairs is not the same thingas being accused of rape and groping and exposing private parts by numerous women. btw, Democrats don't run as anti-family values. no conservative has ever claimed they are sin-free, and the basic tenent of Christianity is everybody is a sinner.

i should note that neither Newt or Rudy had a strong showing in our primaries in the past.

the 'fact checkers' and most of the media is in the tank for Democrats. nothing is more obvious. there has been virtually no coverage of the wikileaks story in the major media. they've spent hours discussing Trump's lewd comments from 11 years ago.

the vast majority of people in the NC state legislature voted for HB 2. Several Democrats abstained from voting because they didn't want to risk a backlash for voting against it but also didn't want to upset their base.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 10-19-2016 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-19-2016, 11:19 AM

9,781 posts, read 15,798,761 times
Some people are very concerned about the safety of women and little girls in the women's restrooms. But before HB2, I never heard anyone express concern for little boys in the men's restrooms, the very restrooms that all men, including pedophiles and other sex offenders, are expected to use. What safeguards to we have in place for these boys? Where is the outrage that men who may commit sex crimes on young children are using bathrooms that little boys use?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:29 AM

for starters, there are usually other men in the male restrooms who can protect the little boys. that obviously not the case in female restrooms.

if I saw a man entering a female restroom, i would want to confront him on it because there is possiblity if not probability he is a pervert with ill intent for women and little girls, but now i would be called a bigot.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:42 AM

9,781 posts, read 15,798,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
for starters, there are usually other men in the male restrooms who can protect the little boys. that obviously not the case in female restrooms.

if I saw a man entering a female restroom, i would want to confront him on it because there is possiblity if not probability he is a pervert with ill intent for women and little girls, but now i would be called a bigot.
There are many, many times when there is no one in the men's restroom. I have sent my 9-year old boy into men's restrooms when there is no one in there and then I have seen a man follow him in. I have no idea if that man just needs to use the bathroom or is going to sexually assault my son. Plus, to my knowledge, my son is most often using a urinal, where a man can stand there and watch him and get off. At least in the women's room everyone is using stalls.

Of course in women's restrooms, there could very well be other women in there just like in the men's room. Highly unlikely that a man is going to sexually assault a woman or child if a witness if present. Furthermore, boys are more likely to go in a men's restroom by themselves, while girls are more likely to go in with their mothers, as children are more often with their mothers than with their fathers (more single mom families, more stay-at-home moms than dads, etc.).

Again, I ask, where is the concern/outrage over the potential harm to boys in restrooms by pedophiles? They are no safer than girls.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:54 AM

why don't you have concern over males in female restrooms? You are using a two wrongs make a right type argument. you obviously in favor of males being allowed into female restrooms. you are not arguing it makes women and little girls more safe, just saying it is no different from little boys and pedophiles in male restrooms.

i think pedophiles attracted to little boys is a much smaller number of people than men that want to rape women and little girls. obviously there are other men in male restrooms, but not likely another man in a female restroom to stop an assault.

supporters of HB 2 have talked about single occupany bathrooms as the solution to this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina