Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 09:38 PM

372 posts, read 724,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
it is surreal that the opposition to normalizing men in female restrooms is now considered bigotry. why do we have male and female bathrooms if there is no public safety issue for women and little girls if men are allowed to enter their restrooms. do Democrats think women and little girls can defend themselves if a man stronger than them tries to assault them. so if we see a man entering a female restroom, we cannot confront the man , we must assume he is a harmless transgendered or we are labelled a bigot, but then this man can go on to rape and assault a female or little girl. rape survivors are now going to have to deal with seeing men in their restrooms which is obviously going to be its own trauma.

i nevr see liberals explain how it is a man can be a woman. How is that biologically possible. Your sex is based on your anatomy and reproductive system, not what you think. Yet you see liberals try to make Republicans out as crazy but they are talking about rights for a group of people that cannot exist. this is biology 101. not to mention liberals have recently firebombed a GOP headquarter near Raleigh over this issue.
Does tolerance extend to opposing views?

By some of the responses I've read contradicting the above, the answer would be a resounding "No."

And if you do have an opposing view, that makes you a "Bigot."

Yeah, that's civilized dialogue.

Any of you with a wife and a family of girls, please come forward and let me know how comfortable your are with the bathroom and other provisions of this idea, that was conceived by a sex offender and championed by a naive mayor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 11:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
Not really sure what argument that statement was...

Just saying, what a perfect opportunity for liberals to show their "tolerance" but hey, what do you expect from them? Two wrongs don't make a right but intolerance towards intolerance is ok?
Yes. It is.

Why should anyone tolerate intolerant behavior?

It's illogical.

It's not the same as saying "I don't personally agree with X, but legally speaking, I cannot see why there should be a law against it just because I personally disagree."

Everyone would tolerate a person saying that they personally didn't feel comfortable with trans people in the restrooms. Even though it's an illogical stance because trans people have been in the restrooms for decades and nobody knew.

No, people get that. Some folks just don't understand and that's alright.

But, to want legislation enacted that infringes upon people's civil rights just because those people make you feel uncomfortable personally? That's ridiculous.

And, no. Nobody has to be tolerant of that.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuvakind View Post

By some of the responses I've read contradicting the above, the answer would be a resounding "No."

Any of you with a wife and a family of girls, please come forward and let me know how comfortable your are with the bathroom and other provisions of this idea, that was conceived by a sex offender and championed by a naive mayor.
I'm a wife. I have a daughter. I have sons.

My husband and sons trust that my daughter and I can defend ourselves against any toilet creepers.

Come on. Women defend themselves against men all the time.

Why are bathrooms suddenly so fraught with peril?

It's not about the women and girls. It's about discriminating against people you think are "icky."

Old 10-20-2016, 04:49 AM

88 posts, read 55,967 times
Please, someone explain to me how HB2 infringes on anyone's rights? It allows transgenders the right to go to the bathroom of their new identity, provided they "change" their gender surgically and on their birth certificate.

How is HB2 a bad law, if it overturns the poorly executed Charlotte law, and prevents that type of poorly worded law from happening state-wide? It prevents non-transgender men from entering men from entering female bathrooms, like happened in Seattle. That sounds like an A+ law on protecting citizens and preventing wasted time in state and local legislature. Wash. man uses women's bathroom to test transgender ruling - NY Daily News

Am I the only one who thinks that it should be illegal for a non-transgender man to enter a woman's locker room? The women in that article clearly thought it should be illegal, and they sounded the alarm (like you said Redzin). He stated his newly earned rights, and was permitted to stay. HB2 prevents that statewide. Hurray! Surely someone gets this, right? Where is the intolerance, bigotry, and lack of logic?

Please, pick the line item in the new law, or paragraph in the Wikipedia article. Let's really dissect this.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:04 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,200,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuvakind View Post

That's me. Wife, young girls.

100% against HB2, despite your red herring protest. You all act like a bathroom is the only place a man has the strength to overpower a female. Women damn well better live THEIR ENTIRE LIVES with the understanding that a larger man (or boy) can overpower them anywhere, anytime. That's a constant, and HB2 doesn't ameliorate that threat.

Last edited by Native_Son; 10-20-2016 at 05:21 AM..

Old 10-20-2016, 05:05 AM

In short, I'm really interested in learning about the otherside's position on topics. If someone could just put the data, or section of the law you disagree with, in clear sight so I can understand where you are coming from, I might actually see the issue. I think we have ended up at the same point for the last few pages.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizenClinton View Post
In short, I'm really interested in learning about the otherside's position on topics. If someone could just put the data, or section of the law you disagree with, in clear sight so I can understand where you are coming from, I might actually see the issue. I think we have ended up at the same point for the last few pages.
I disagree with the whole damned thing. It's unnecessary and discriminatory. It's right up there with "whites only" drinking fountains.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:09 AM

And yet you cannot quote a single line of the legislation that shows discrimination, unless you think what the man in Seattle did was appropriate. If that's so, I see why you feel that way.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizenClinton View Post
And yet you cannot quote a single line of the legislation that shows discrimination, unless you think what the man in Seattle did was appropriate. If that's so, I see why you feel that way.
Quote me all the lines that are fair to everyone.

Some random pervert in Seattle doesn't change a damned thing because he's in Seattle and if he was here, this law wouldn't actually stop him.

Or were you unaware that rapists and sexual predators don't care about stuff like laws?

Old 10-20-2016, 07:39 AM

Since I clearly think the law shows no discrimination, by default, I quote the law in entirety.

So I ask again, what line of the legislation shows discrimination?

Y'all on both sides of the argument keep cluttering this discussion with talk of rapists, sexual predators, and perverts when the conversation started with the people being shunned for supporting a "discriminatory law". Not one single person in 9 pages of debate has shown discrimination that is backed with supporting evidence. I guess that's just how politics is; we toe the party line without considering facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina