Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 04:21 PM

88 posts, read 55,937 times

Advertisements

HB2 allows transgenders to use the bathroom with which they identify, as long as they change their gender on their birth certificate. (Like i said, no one is really checking) HB2 prevents non-transgender females and males from entering the incorrect restrooms. I think all 3 of us can agree on this, correct? It is literally written out in easy English on Wikipedia.

Michgc, ignore the other guy/gal for a minute. He is hung up on transgender sexual predators, which has nothing to do with this. Read that article. I think your views agree with HB2 on the bathroom portion of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 04:24 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
i never said all transgenders are sexual predators or even a majority of them are. You obviously aren't following me very well. you also are confused about transgendered definition, a person is considered to be 'transgendered' if they simply think they are the opposite sex. that is what I've been challenging.

I disagree with the part about allowing people who had a 'sex change' to access opposite sex bathroom. There is no such thing as a sex change, that is just a comestic surgery. There is no man that has a uterus, ovaries and functioning female reproductive system, and can become pregnant if of childbearing age, and this is the definition of female. Female and male is based on anatomy, not beliefs about gender identity.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:55 PM

I'm not much of a dictionary guy; I only read the Wikipedia article and the second paragraph said transgenders must have surgery to reassign gender. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publ...6_Security_Act

I think once people read that article they will see that transgenders are not being harmed, and it was just an attempt to undo Charlotte's law that left loop holes for men to enter women's restrooms, as I believe happened in Seattle as a joke. It also protected private property rights. Private businesses can still allow mix gendered multi-occupancy bathrooms if they choose.

As for how people dress, pierce, act, obtain tattoos, or have breast enlargements, I prefer to go on with my day until I can get home, drink a beer, and have a nice giggle in piece. I'm sure I'm giggled at too.

Cheers!

Old 10-19-2016, 05:30 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizenClinton View Post
HB2 allows transgenders to use the bathroom with which they identify, as long as they change their gender on their birth certificate. (Like i said, no one is really checking) HB2 prevents non-transgender females and males from entering the incorrect restrooms. I think all 3 of us can agree on this, correct? It is literally written out in easy English on Wikipedia.

Michgc, ignore the other guy/gal for a minute. He is hung up on transgender sexual predators, which has nothing to do with this. Read that article. I think your views agree with HB2 on the bathroom portion of the law.
Why do we need it, then? Prior to HB2, nobody was monitoring toilets any more than they monitor them now.

If there's a sketchy person of either gender in either bathroom, someone is gonna sound the alarm. Same as before. There are no large groups of hetero, perverted dudes who have suddenly become emboldened by HB2 and are out now, shopping for dresses and wigs so they can attack all us defenseless women.

In case nobody noticed, we tend to go to bathrooms in pairs. We always have. We don't need pointless legislation. Let's work on teaching men not to inappropriately touch women instead.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:06 PM

Because the Charlotte law opened up a can of worms by allowing males to pretend to identify as females and enter a woman's bathroom legally, and it infringed on private property rights. HB2 made it clear who is what gender, however silly that seems, and prevents what happened in Seattle from happening in state buildings in NC.

Basically, gender identity can change day to day if an individual wanted to be nefarious. That was legal with Charlottes law. HB2 made you have a sex surgery, which I'm sure is much likely to be abused.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:07 PM

626 posts, read 381,171 times
"McCrory: Good friends shun me because of HB2"

Ahhhh. Liberals are so tolerant!

Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizenClinton View Post
Because the Charlotte law opened up a can of worms by allowing males to pretend to identify as females and enter a woman's bathroom legally, and it infringed on private property rights. HB2 made it clear who is what gender, however silly that seems, and prevents what happened in Seattle from happening in state buildings in NC.

Basically, gender identity can change day to day if an individual wanted to be nefarious. That was legal with Charlottes law. HB2 made you have a sex surgery, which I'm sure is much likely to be abused.
Question: were we ever under the impression that men were doing anything illegal if they impersonated women?

Old 10-19-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
"McCrory: Good friends shun me because of HB2"

Ahhhh. Liberals are so tolerant!
That's a BS argument. Nobody has to tolerate intolerance.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:09 PM

626 posts, read 381,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That's a BS argument. Nobody has to tolerate intolerance.
Not really sure what argument that statement was...

Just saying, what a perfect opportunity for liberals to show their "tolerance" but hey, what do you expect from them? Two wrongs don't make a right but intolerance towards intolerance is ok?

Old 10-19-2016, 09:37 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
Careful, this is the same type of argument some people on the left use to defend things like female genital mutilation and sharia law when other cultures engage in it. Moral relativism right? You're becoming your own strawman of your opponents.

It's quite funny.
I'm not sure what this means, though I'm also on record as saying it's a bad law all-around. From the CLT ordiannce all the way to the enacted wording of HB2. Bad law. Law chasing problems that don't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina