Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 11:34 AM

81 posts, read 174,102 times

Advertisements

You do have a waiting week when you begin a new benefit year.
As for the weeks that would have been the starting of Tier 2, I don't know if you will be able to claim them or not? You may be able to. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask. It won't mess up anything to find out. Even so, you will still have a 1 week waiting for the new year.Good luck

I did get payment today and was able to file as normal. I DID get the 2 weeks or less message, but I know I have 8 (or 9) weeks left of Tier 3 should I have to go that much longer. I am not too concerned with the message. I'll file for this week Sunday and see what it says then.

I'm thankful for UI. It is a life saver when things are so tough. In all my life I have never had so much difficulty trying to find a job. I have even given Wal-Mart a try. I stand no chance it seems, I have no retail experience. We need our manufacturing back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 04:06 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLW1 View Post
I received the last payment of EUC08 Tier I on June 8 for the week ending previuosly. Was waiting for Congress to move on the extension filing deadline. In the meantime, My benefit year ended June 19. I filed for a new benefit that opened on June 20. I did not meet the new wage requirement, which triggered a problem.

After a few weeks and several ESC folks, I finally got some resolution, but I still need some clarification. The issue was resolved, and the last and definitley nicest and most helpful rep told me that my benefits would start on June 26 due to a waiting week on my new benefit year. I currently see on the payment history payments processed as she said, but have not yet received payment.

Is this right? I thought when the new law kicked in , that I would pick up where I left off at the first of June. Do I have to have a new waiting week? Does this mean I will lose out on 3 weeks payment? After all I have been trough with the various people at ESC, I am afraid to mess things up, but I don't want to miss out on any payments or have any issues with incorrect payments down the road.

I have been reading this thread for the last year and I have to say it has been very helpful and informative.

Thanks,

JLW1
No, you should not have a new waiting week if you're not receiving a new round of regular UI. If you're just receiving unused extension money from your previous benefit year transferred to your new benefit year, there shouldn't be a new waiting week.

As far as the back weeks, I believe that because you opened a new benefit year as soon as your other one ended, you can't go back and get payments made for weeks in the old benefit year. But although you may be missing those three weeks, all is not lost; that's three weeks more worth of payments that got transferred to your new benefit year. Had you gotten those weeks, it would have been that much less $$ that got transferred to your new benefit year.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,827 times
Smile Thank You!

I appreciate the responses to my question. While this has been a rather trying year, its nice to know that people seem to care and can be genuinely helpful.

Courage & God's Speed,

JLW1

Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 PM

131 posts, read 232,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
If you haven't found a job in 92 weeks, another 7 probably isn't going to help much. I'd suggest moving to a more permanent form of government assistance like welfare.

Great idea, Time2Travel, why didn't I think of that! BTW, where is that job you promised to help me find? I keep applying, keep getting interviews, & keep getting told I'm over qualified.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:52 AM

81 posts, read 174,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
No, you should not have a new waiting week if you're not receiving a new round of regular UI. If you're just receiving unused extension money from your previous benefit year transferred to your new benefit year, there shouldn't be a new waiting week.
Maybe I am misunderstanding something here?
When my first benefit year ended I was just beginning tier 2. It stopped and I was told I was to begin a new benefit year and that I would have a 1 week waiting period. There was one week that I did not receive benefits, even though I filed. The following week I did receive my first payment of my second benefit year (at $20 less than my first year was). I received benefits from year 2 for 13 weeks, then seemlessly moved back (pulled forward) into tier 2 from my first benefit year and my payment was increased back to the original amount from year 1.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:27 AM

56 posts, read 76,417 times
Default Question about Helpline in Raleigh

Is it true that the people in Raleigh cannot see further than the tier you are in? I called because I am on my 2nd transitional year and started over on tier 1 (for less weeks than my first year). I wanted to find out how many (if anymore) tiers I would be eligible to receive payment for after Tier 1. The lady told me they cannot tell me anything until my money runs out. So I will be sitting on pins and needles wondering if I am eligible for anymore the week my money is exhausted if I don't have a job by then.

Thanks in advance,
Tena

Old 08-12-2010, 08:12 AM

10 posts, read 21,272 times
I need some help quick!! I am currently on EB benefits. My eligibility review was this morning, I had all my work search records, but I had no idea I had to have 2 in-person contacts per week. The work search record I have state, "acceptable EB work search effort as three contacts with different employers on three different days for each week claimed."

Now this wouldn't have been a problem, but I was not aware of that. The times I have asked if a place was hiring, I didn't document it or they told me to submit a application online. All of my contacts have been email, fax or online.

I went this morning and she told me I had until tomorrow to show records with two in person contacts or my benefits will end.

Does anybody know what I can do? I am a single parent and can't afford to lose my benefits. I just wish I would have known this! I looked back on all my mailing I have received from Employment Security and no where do it say in person.

Thanks!!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 AM

30 posts, read 49,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaobella2010 View Post
I need some help quick!! I am currently on EB benefits. My eligibility review was this morning, I had all my work search records, but I had no idea I had to have 2 in-person contacts per week. The work search record I have state, "acceptable EB work search effort as three contacts with different employers on three different days for each week claimed."

Now this wouldn't have been a problem, but I was not aware of that. The times I have asked if a place was hiring, I didn't document it or they told me to submit a application online. All of my contacts have been email, fax or online.

I went this morning and she told me I had until tomorrow to show records with two in person contacts or my benefits will end.

Does anybody know what I can do? I am a single parent and can't afford to lose my benefits. I just wish I would have known this! I looked back on all my mailing I have received from Employment Security and no where do it say in person.

Thanks!!
Did you present documentation showing the emailed; faxed; or online applications? I'm assuming this is what the worker stated was unacceptable?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 AM

10 posts, read 21,272 times
Yes, I was told I must have two IN-PERSON contacts per week, the rest they don't really care about.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 AM

616 posts, read 1,751,907 times
I've had two work search reviews as I was on EB and was never told they must be IN PERSON. My records showing email, or submission via the internet, were considered perfectly adequate. What county are you in? I am in Gaston County, and others who have shared their experiences in this forum are in MEcklenburg and ??? Iredell ??? or maybe Union? Anyway, they need not be in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina