Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 03:24 PM

330 posts, read 460,899 times

Advertisements

theres no use trying to argue with the ignorant.

almost 8,500,000 people lost their jobs in 2008 and 2009.
we need 200,000 to 300,000 jobs to be created PER MONTH to BEGIN cutting into the ranks of the unemployed.
125,000 to 150,000 people ENTER the job market per month, just because of population growth.
like i pointed out the other day...September hires? 77,000. NATIONWIDE.
that works out to 15 per county in NC, last month. 15.

simple math. there are not enough jobs out there for the millions of people unemployed. pretty sure that convenience stores, Walmart, ditch digging, insert the swallow-your-pride job here, combined, are not/have not/will not be hiring 8,500,000 people PLUS the 2-3 million that entered the workforce since 2008.
companies that are sitting on massive cash reserves arent hiring either. theyre buying stock. helpful.

if he is lucky enough to be qualified to work his irregular, criminal-accepting job, then great for him. maybe its because his job wouldnt want to or wouldnt bother considering someone with multiple degrees or of a certain age or gender. who knows, who cares.
we know the myriad of jobs we've applied for. we know our situation.

Last edited by rlincoln; 10-07-2010 at 03:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 04:00 PM

46 posts, read 70,116 times
I can't find the waiver form on the ESC site either. The lady told me its in the Forms area but I haven't found it yet.
After reading the last few pages here, I'm tossed as to whether to file the waiver or not. I surely don't want to have them stop my payments because of $150 they took. But, I got behind on bills because of that deduction and it would help me get back on track.
I'll call in the morning and ask if it affects future payments or if it changes my standings. I'll let you know if I find out anything and/or if I find that waiver form.
Have a good night

Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,256 times
I haven't been able to get through to the ESC for the past 3 days. I just get a fast busy signal. Any ideas?

Old 10-07-2010, 04:47 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I think you may be on the wrong thread anyway, we're discussing something that apparently doesn't affect you, so why come here?
Exactly. This thread is for information regarding unemployment benefits relating to the NCESC...not a thread for general complaints about the unemployed. Thank you.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:12 AM

81 posts, read 174,102 times
It appears I am in EB. I got my letter yesterday.
My profile says EB Effective Date 08/29/2010.
So from this it appear I have approximately 14 weeks left on it.

I didn't waive the OP notice either. When I heard the Perdue waived it, I figured it is done with???
I'm not sure if I should or if I even need to.
I think my account is now as it originally should have been. Everything moved forwards to make up for the 2nd year and I am now pretty much exactly where I should be, had I never gotten the 2nd year and just stayed on tier2, on to 3 and 4 and into EB.
Since this does seem to be what has happended, I don't think I need to file the waiver?

Does that sound right to you all?

Old 10-08-2010, 08:08 AM

15 posts, read 23,882 times
Just a FYI:
I just called Raleigh to inquire about the waiver form. The ESC Rep told me that ESC had already filed a waiver for me.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
It appears I am in EB. I got my letter yesterday.
My profile says EB Effective Date 08/29/2010.
So from this it appear I have approximately 14 weeks left on it.

I didn't waive the OP notice either. When I heard the Perdue waived it, I figured it is done with???
I'm not sure if I should or if I even need to.
I think my account is now as it originally should have been. Everything moved forwards to make up for the 2nd year and I am now pretty much exactly where I should be, had I never gotten the 2nd year and just stayed on tier2, on to 3 and 4 and into EB.
Since this does seem to be what has happended, I don't think I need to file the waiver?

Does that sound right to you all?
i wish we could go by "sounds right." who knows. glad that it at least looks like youre getting through the end of the year.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp80 View Post
Just a FYI:
I just called Raleigh to inquire about the waiver form. The ESC Rep told me that ESC had already filed a waiver for me.
that would be nice. the news reports were that the money taken out would be returned. i wish i could be sure of all that.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 AM

Economy loses 95K jobs due to government layoffs :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/business/story/8419346/ - broken link)

i dont post that to bring gloom and doom, but reality to those nitwits who think we're just turning down jobs because we dont like them.

there are 440,000 people unemployed in NC TODAY. the private sector NATIONWIDE added 64,000 jobs in September.
that wouldnt even employ the ranks of the unemployed in Charlotte and Raleigh alone. never mind the rest of NC and the 14,400,000 in the other 49 states in the US.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:54 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
Economy loses 95K jobs due to government layoffs :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/business/story/8419346/ - broken link)

i dont post that to bring gloom and doom, but reality to those nitwits who think we're just turning down jobs because we dont like them.

there are 440,000 people unemployed in NC TODAY. the private sector NATIONWIDE added 64,000 jobs in September.
that wouldnt even employ the ranks of the unemployed in Charlotte and Raleigh alone. never mind the rest of NC and the 14,400,000 in the other 49 states in the US.
It's a dire situation that we're told is getting better, but WE KNOW BETTER! In fact, just today, I heard the ever-delusional Nancy Pelosi say that today's unemployment numbers are positive news and proof that the private sector is leading the job recovery. Good lord... I'll have some of what she's smoking.

And quite frankly, I'm not surprised that there are so many people that are clueless as to how bad the job market truly is and think we're just "being lazy". Why? Because they've got politicians and pundits telling them "We're creating jobs left and right! No more recession...we're headed in the right direction." So...if there's a plethora of jobs out there....ummmm....I guess that means the unemployed "aren't looking hard enough".

And that makes a part of me feel bad for "some" down at the NCESC. Like jdljr and some of the others down there. I can't imagine trying to clean this mess up. But the system has been beyond maxed out and I can't quite be too surprised that problems will arise. Unfortunately, this problem could have been taken care of a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina