Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 01:10 PM

407 posts, read 660,773 times

Advertisements

Hey, NO sorry, that was during the BASE PERIOD not the actual year
so i guess im stuck too!
BUT if they will allow it to just EAT MY TIER 4 (i did the math and my 6 weeks of tier 4 and extra tier 2 week would 99% offset my OWED amount) and if i can then do that and go STRAIGHT into EB< i would be ok
IF NOT
IM 100% SCREWED as there is NO WAY i can live on $100 a week
i can BARELY do it at $208!!!!!

ALSO does the extra federal $25 apply to EB too????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 01:10 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
AND DOES ANYONE KNOW, can u do this over the phone??? I MEAN i have 7 weeks left of tier 2/4

CAN I LET THEM JUST REMOVE ALL THOSE AT ONCE??? Or do i have to let them deduct 50% from my payments each week? then get $100 to live on a week???? for months?

i mean, cant they just apply my unused weeks in place of the ones they are taking away???
I have no clue why they won't do this.. according to the letter I recieved today, it looks like they won't., they'll just simply keep taking out weekly amt's

Old 09-25-2010, 01:11 PM

AGAIN such a mess! if i ask for the waiver letters, that might drag it out past the point where i can start EB....

Old 09-25-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
That would make sense...I guess. I mean, I think whatever I've got from Tier 4 should cover what I was supposedly overpaid for...then I should have EB. But whose to say I'm not going to get another letter on Monday saying I owe them another $1500? And I can't reach them now...so I got put this off until Monday morning? This is despicable. I am so furious...and now I got to somehow explain this to my wife, whose about 33 weeks pregnant. I don't even think I should tell her yet cuz I don't need her stressing over this as much as I am.

Yeah, this should go well.
Awwww,don't tell her (yet)
Get it all settled first!
By the way, congrats on the baby

Old 09-25-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I have no clue why they won't do this.. according to the letter I recieved today, it looks like they won't., they'll just simply keep taking out weekly amt's
HMMMMMMMM....

so should i TRY to certify tomorrow?
i mean, TECHINCALLY the amount i OWE is more than the TIER 2/4 I have left? SO WILL THE SYSTEM EVEN LET ME????

OK SO THEORETICALLY
if they do this, that means for the next 14 weeks ( 3.5 MONTHS) id get $100 a week + the 25 extra federal? and then roll into NORMAL amounts of EB?????

and that means from now til the end of the year (1 TIER 2 week, 6 TIER 4 weeks and 7 EB weeks) id get $100 or so, and then have 13 NORMAL eb weeks left?????

Old 09-25-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Hey, NO sorry, that was during the BASE PERIOD not the actual year
so i guess im stuck too!
BUT if they will allow it to just EAT MY TIER 4 (i did the math and my 6 weeks of tier 4 and extra tier 2 week would 99% offset my OWED amount) and if i can then do that and go STRAIGHT into EB< i would be ok
IF NOT
IM 100% SCREWED as there is NO WAY i can live on $100 a week
i can BARELY do it at $208!!!!!

ALSO does the extra federal $25 apply to EB too????
yes the $25 is good on EB until that program is over... I'm not sure of that date.
Our state is still triggered on for EB, I'm also hoping this will continue until I get there, which hopefully will be in a few weeks.

Sad, but I'm very untrusting at the moment.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:19 PM

330 posts, read 460,808 times
if you click on the very small notice in the right margin of the ESC home page, you get this:

The primary goal of the Unemployment Insurance program is to pay benefits as timely and as accurately as possible. We have paid a record amount of claims over the past year and have discovered the possibility of some improperly paid claims. As a result, we have made corrections to our records. You may have received several monetary determinations and one or more letters relative to your payment history.
Some individuals received improper regular UI payments. Improper payments are being corrected with little impact on individuals in most cases. If you received improper regular UI payments, we have replaced those improper payments with proper EUC payments and with EB payments.
The letters contain instructions for you to follow. If you want to have further discussions about any letter that you have recently received, contact us by email at esc.ui.customerservice@ncesc.gov.

i'm not sure they really HAVE replaced the "improper" payments with proper EUC and EB payments. and its possible that although you would get more payments in the future, you havent YET, and maybe they are unable or not allowed to take your FUTURE EUC and EB payments and apply them.
after all, what if you get a job tomorrow? *smirk*

Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 PM

193 posts, read 285,819 times
man oh man.. im scared. i havent gotten any letters. im wondering what will happen to me. i didnt work.. got started on yr 2 at a lower rate. they owe me.. but will they just give me a lump sum? or what

Old 09-25-2010, 01:21 PM

IT JUST MAKES NO SENSE----
ACTUALLY if i shouldnt have qualified for a SECOND YEAR
then i really should owe them 13 weeks back???
which at the HIGHER RATE means i owe about
$3120! (13 weeks and the extra $25 X 13)
which means i am screwed no matter what!!!!
EVEN if i LET them take ALL my tier 4 and extra tier 2 week
id STILL owe them over $1200!!!!!!
so EVEN if i stay on for the last 7 weeks and then 20 of EB i will still at the end of getting $100 a week
STILL Owe the government over $400?????

Old 09-25-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
HMMMMMMMM....

so should i TRY to certify tomorrow?
i mean, TECHINCALLY the amount i OWE is more than the TIER 2/4 I have left? SO WILL THE SYSTEM EVEN LET ME????

OK SO THEORETICALLY
if they do this, that means for the next 14 weeks ( 3.5 MONTHS) id get $100 a week + the 25 extra federal? and then roll into NORMAL amounts of EB?????

and that means from now til the end of the year (1 TIER 2 week, 6 TIER 4 weeks and 7 EB weeks) id get $100 or so, and then have 13 NORMAL eb weeks left?????
I honestly cannot understand HOW you owe that much?
I mean I collected UI this 2nd year and euco8 tiers for 16 weeks., and left off in tier 2 of yr one.
So I'm guessing they took it out of my first year and I have $120 leftover to pay..?
the rep yesterday said I was now in tier 4 of year one a that higher amt (50 more a week)and I also had EB available, so why is your amt so much???? Did you make more weekly in your 2nd year UI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina