Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 03:46 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
No, I think my dad just got his 4 year degree in Business Administration and started working for (ironically) IBM, then I think he worked for the phone company back in the 70's. I guess he learned alot from working the business, that he started his own company in the mid 1980's. He still has a few accounts that bring in cash and only has one other employee at this time and he sold the office...so I think he's doing alright now. But now that I'm down here twittling my thumbs and begging for work, it may be a good fit...or it may not, I dunno. It's just all up in the air...and time is of the essence.

I just went back to 292 and tried fill in the holes of the pages I've read and skipped over. I actually read a page or two of this thread a couple days ago, and somehow this went totally over my head. But I'm still somewhat confused over this, and probably reading the last 15 pages and the back and forth hasn't completely helped.

Let me see how "close" I am:

I ended my first benefit year in early January while I was in the middle of Tier 2. I applied for a new second year and was approved for a new claim of 13 weeks of regular UI. Once that exhausted, I got my pull forward in April...back to the middle of Tier 2, and I'm now at the end of Tier 3.

What we're now saying is that I shouldn't have gotten approved for a new benefit year and instead should've just picked up where I left off in the middle of Tier 2 and not received regular UI. And the ESC has made the changes to the system and uncovered these some-odd 40K people who were affected.

If that's how I'm reading...it sounds like I've got a MUCH bigger problem because that would mean I got 13 weeks of regular UI I wasn't supposed to get (which confuses me since I only got an overpayment letter of $322). And that would mean that I'm no longer at the beginning of tier 4...I'd have actually exhausted my tiers and would probably be well into EB by now.

Confusing and bizarre to say the least.

Good luck to ya! It's scary that we're nearing the end.
Confusing and bizarre is an understatement
In a nutshell you've got it all right, ha!
However, they may have used your EB to offset what you supposedly owe for your UI., so I'd try to find that out, could be they used tier 4 and your now going into EB?
I dunno.....?

Anyway, you won't have a big problem., seems like you can file a waiver , since this WAS NOT your fault in no way shape or form., hopefully that takes care of the UI and you can keep
collecting til the fat lady sings ( that would be me ) in Jan or you get an awesome job and soon!

Goodluck to you to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
oh, and here's something else to like. if they had properly pulled forward the benefits from my completely full strength Year 1, with nice round weeks, or at least a 80% week, i wouldnt have ended up with a week this year with a $10 EUC benefit. they totally changed the way most of us had our money distributed.
Yeah, I'm ahead of you. I had a week with $37.00 back in August
Paid for gas for me to get to classes and that's it, ha!

Old 09-24-2010, 04:02 PM

330 posts, read 460,808 times
i got TWO overpayment letters. i win!
and i got the apparent direct deposit today, that hasnt totally cleared, so i cant see if its ESC, but i cant imagine it being anything else.
more shortly.

ok, two letters, although both letters reflect the same $11/week they want back, and the 2nd letter picks up the time period right after the 1st letter ends. 3/13/10-8/14/10.
EDIT:my bad, jumped the gun. in the 1st letter, covering 3/13 to 5/22, 11 weeks, they want...$21 per week back.
and in he 2nd letter, 5/29-8/14, 12 weeks, they want $11 per week back.
havent figured that out, since all weeks i received the same amount, and they were all $11 more than last year's weeks, not $21. and...80% wouldnt get you $21.

um, 8/14 isnt when my benefits ended. i'm still receiving benefits. the letters are not up to date, so i guess expect yet another.

Appeals Right Expiration Date: 10/8/10. thats going to be the last date to file the waiver. i love the first phrase in the Waiver paragraph, which gets to why they just shouldve completed the process themselves.
"UPON FINDING A GOOD CAUSE..."
really? you know what the good cause is? YOU messed up.

Last edited by rlincoln; 09-24-2010 at 04:19 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Yeah, I'm ahead of you. I had a week with $37.00 back in August
Paid for gas for me to get to classes and that's it, ha!
AND, we shouldnt have had to have a "wait week" between benefit Year 1 and benefit Year 2.

EDIT:
WAIT, that could be it! darn, it doesnt come out perfectly...the $363 they want back....from the $494 that i wouldve been paid in the wait week...$131...plus the $25 Federal add-on...$156. the mystery deposit is...$160. Arrgh, so close!
BUT, i still dont know why they want $21/week back for those 11 weeks instead of $11/week. *shakes fist*

(is your head about to explode, jdljr? )

Last edited by rlincoln; 09-24-2010 at 04:45 PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 04:58 PM

18 posts, read 36,053 times
Quote:
and i got the apparent direct deposit today, that hasnt totally cleared, so i cant see if its ESC, but i cant imagine it being anything else.
more shortly.

ok, two letters, although both letters reflect the same $11/week they want back, and the 2nd letter picks up the time period right after the 1st letter ends. 3/13/10-8/14/10.
EDIT:my bad, jumped the gun. in the 1st letter, covering 3/13 to 5/22, 11 weeks, they want...$21 per week back.
havent figured that out, since all weeks i received the same amount, and they were all $11 more than last year's weeks, not $21. and...80% wouldnt get you $21.

um, 8/14 isnt when my benefits ended. i'm still receiving benefits. the letters are not up to date, so i guess expect yet another.

Appeals Right Expiration Date: 10/8/10. thats going to be the last date to file the waiver. i love the first phrase in the Waiver paragraph, which gets to why they just shouldve completed the process themselves.
Alright, so why are they sending people overpayment letters and depositing money into their accounts? Seems like if they think you owe them money, they wouldn't simultaneously be putting more of it into your account.

I haven't been to check my PO box yet, but I imagine I got the same notices as you because I also got $11 more per week in the second year. But the thing is, bringing forward my unused extensions from the first year, even at last year's slightly lower weekly amount, should be more than enough to balance out what I was paid in the second year.

Who would've guessed this would end up being a big old cluster****?

Old 09-24-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareWave View Post

Who would've guessed this would end up being a big old cluster****?
me, me, me! i wouldve!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
more shortly.

This just has me crazy!!!
So now if they gave you a direct depost of funds today as a refund, then why do you owe them money, when you recieved more weekly last year than you did this year, right?

The esc site says that they'll be usng EUC and EB for repayments, so how the heck does all of this make any sense and what exactly will you be drawing on from here on out?
How will you file for and recieve a weekly amt. and still owe them money?
whew!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:26 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,011 times
Hello everyone,

I know my timing will seem coincidental to recent developments regarding folks' claims, however effective immediately I will no longer be monitoring and answering questions on this or any other Unemployment Insurance thread. Sometimes the time is right to wrap things up and move on, and this is that time for me on the Unemployment Insurance subject. For 14 months I've answered questions here on my own time in the evenings and weekends (in addition to 8 hours per day at the office) and provided a TON of information. But the office is where I wish to leave the subject at the end of the 8 hour day, so from this point forward any question or need regarding Unemployment Insurance should be directed to your local office or the Remote Service Center.

I wish each of you the best of luck!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
AND, we shouldnt have had to have a "wait week" between benefit Year 1 and benefit Year 2.

EDIT:
WAIT, that could be it! darn, it doesnt come out perfectly...the $363 they want back....from the $494 that i wouldve been paid in the wait week...$131...plus the $25 Federal add-on...$156. the mystery deposit is...$160. Arrgh, so close!
BUT, i still dont know why they want $21/week back for those 11 weeks instead of $11/week. *shakes fist*

(is your head about to explode, jdljr? )
I'm warning you, if you make an attempt at trying to calculate any amounts the esc has quoted you, like me, you''ll also start to see floating numbers ALL night long as you try to sleep!> lol

Old 09-24-2010, 05:31 PM

no, for whatever reason, the weekly amount it $11 more this year than last.
and i'm not 100% sure that the unfinished direct deposit is ESC, but i'm 99.99% sure, since i dont get deposits from anyone else, and i didnt return any merchandise.

i could maybe do the math on it if it wasnt for one letter saying i owe $21/week back in overpayment($231 over 11 weeks) and one letter has the expected $11/week overpayment($132 over 12 weeks). WHERE is the $21 coming from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina