Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 01:22 PM

330 posts, read 460,819 times

Advertisements

KC,
how could any combo of payments have you owing $2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 01:23 PM

CA11,
when did your Year 2 start?

Old 09-25-2010, 01:24 PM

407 posts, read 660,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
if you click on the very small notice in the right margin of the ESC home page, you get this:

The primary goal of the Unemployment Insurance program is to pay benefits as timely and as accurately as possible. We have paid a record amount of claims over the past year and have discovered the possibility of some improperly paid claims. As a result, we have made corrections to our records. You may have received several monetary determinations and one or more letters relative to your payment history.
Some individuals received improper regular UI payments. Improper payments are being corrected with little impact on individuals in most cases. If you received improper regular UI payments, we have replaced those improper payments with proper EUC payments and with EB payments.
The letters contain instructions for you to follow. If you want to have further discussions about any letter that you have recently received, contact us by email at esc.ui.customerservice@ncesc.gov.

i'm not sure they really HAVE replaced the "improper" payments with proper EUC and EB payments. and its possible that although you would get more payments in the future, you havent YET, and maybe they are unable or not allowed to take your FUTURE EUC and EB payments and apply them.
after all, what if you get a job tomorrow? *smirk*

OK well IF and I say IF they did that
IN THEORY i have tier 2 extra week, 6 of tier 4, and 20 of EB which is 27 weeks left
I OWE THEM a total of about 13 - 14 weeks now, which would give me about 13 left? IF they really do that?
BUT HOW CAN WE TELL
the system is a mess, ive been listed as status UNKNOWN for like 4 months! and it says BENEFITS EXHAUSETD!???

WHY IN THE HECK cant the site just list amount paid and what tier? like break it down so the people can read what was paid from what tier and be able to read it and have it make sense?????

Old 09-25-2010, 01:27 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
man oh man.. im scared. i havent gotten any letters. im wondering what will happen to me. i didnt work.. got started on yr 2 at a lower rate. they owe me.. but will they just give me a lump sum? or what
Not to be negative but on paper they owed me $800 and some odd dollars, my this year weekly amt was $50 dollars less a week and I left off in my 3rd week of tier 2 in yr one,(Had the max weeks also)
so when I added it , I thought I'd be fine, but Nope. They still say I owe them $120.00., it's not that much, but it drives me crazy as to how they came up with that amt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
WHY IN THE HECK cant the site just list amount paid and what tier? like break it down so the people can read what was paid from what tier and be able to read it and have it make sense?????
Bing-freakin-O.
why, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
CA11,
when did your Year 2 start?
2nd year started end of jan 2010

Old 09-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I honestly cannot understand HOW you owe that much?
I mean I collected UI this 2nd year and euco8 tiers for 16 weeks., and left off in tier 2 of yr one.
So I'm guessing they took it out of my first year and I have $120 leftover to pay..?
the rep yesterday said I was now in tier 4 of year one a that higher amt (50 more a week)and I also had EB available, so why is your amt so much???? Did you make more weekly in your 2nd year UI?
hey yes
i made more in my second year

I GUESS if i SHOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN A SECOND YEAR of REGULAR UEC
then i got paid for 13 weeks at $205 and 13 $25 weeks that i didnt deserve?
I DONT GET IT

someone posted where it says on the site THEY ARE GOING TO SWITCH OUT OVERPAYMENT WEEKS WITH CORRECT EUC and EB weeks... SO IF they do that ill come out ahead by like 6-7 weeks LONGER than i would have been
IF THEY DONT im screwed!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:34 PM

AND OF COURSE--- EVEN THOUGH the site says the letters will explain and have instructions--- they explain NOTHING and have NO INSTRUCTIONS except how to appeal???
WTF???
WHY IS NORTH CAROLINA SO SCREWED UP WITH THIS---- i know of NO OTHER State that is in such a mess!!!!!

SO I guess the site is saying
HEY YOU- WE SCEWED UP AND U SHOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN A NEW YEAR
and we paid u wrong
NOW if that is true
and IF they are going to replace the REGULAR 2nd YEAR weeks (13) with EUC weeks) then i should certify sunday and should start off in my 6th EB week?
BUT i will still owe $91 which is the extra $7 a week I got in my 2nd year (I got $7 more in year 2 than 1)

SOOO best case, they take $91 from me and i have 13 EB weeks left that are normal?

Old 09-25-2010, 01:35 PM

193 posts, read 285,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Not to be negative but on paper they owed me $800 and some odd dollars, my this year weekly amt was $50 dollars less a week and I left off in my 3rd week of tier 2 in yr one,(Had the max weeks also)
so when I added it , I thought I'd be fine, but Nope. They still say I owe them $120.00., it's not that much, but it drives me crazy as to how they came up with that amt!

i bet they are tacking on the difference on the end of ur tiers? ie: giving u more weeks????

imma walk out to my mail box and i swear, if i get an OP letter, I'm taking a flight back to NC. I've had enough of this. It's not MY fault the ESC screwed up.. AGAIN. And it took me 6 weeks to get my fund pulled forward from my 1st yr back in June. I can't spend that much time on the phone again.

Good luck. Maybe monday you find out why 120. And I can find out wtf is going on.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:37 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
HMMMMMMMM....

so should i TRY to certify tomorrow?
i mean, TECHINCALLY the amount i OWE is more than the TIER 2/4 I have left? SO WILL THE SYSTEM EVEN LET ME????

OK SO THEORETICALLY
if they do this, that means for the next 14 weeks ( 3.5 MONTHS) id get $100 a week + the 25 extra federal? and then roll into NORMAL amounts of EB?????

and that means from now til the end of the year (1 TIER 2 week, 6 TIER 4 weeks and 7 EB weeks) id get $100 or so, and then have 13 NORMAL eb weeks left?????
Definately keep certifying!
It may be a bigger mess if you stop.
But most definately call or go in or call Monday and remember the EUC is set to end Nov 27th., so if you hadn't started a tier by that date whatever tier your in will automatically end and you would go into EB until your end date in Jan.
I'm doubting the senate will once again extend the date, I'd be more than surprised if they did it again .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina