Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 06:43 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,435,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0118 View Post
I was wondering how I can figure out if I qualified for tier 3. So, the week of I started tier 2 (on 3/8/10) I originally qualified for 12 weeks. Then with the addition of a week, I qualified for 12.96 weeks. (by dividing the amount). So with the deadline being May 29th for beginning another tier, I would just make it with the 12 weeks. However with the additional .96 weeks, would I not qualify? I remember reading that they add that additional last week to the end of tier 3. Is that correct and would this qualify me for tier 3? I have not received a letter but have been receiving full weekly benefits since. Perhaps tier 3 kicked in? Thank you sooooo much for all your help!
Yes, if you finished whatever tier you were in on or before May 29th, you would have moved into the next tier. And you're right, the "14th week" of tier 2 (as they call it) is supposed to pay after tier 3. To be certain, you could call your local office and ask them exactly what tier you're in (on the benefit payment history screen (B.07) E1 = tier 1, G1 = tier 2, I1 = tier 3 and K1 = tier 4) and they should be able to tell you how much $$ is left in whatever tier you're in if they check the B.46 screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 06:48 PM

5 posts, read 8,627 times
Thanks jdljr, your help is very much appreciated!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 PM

407 posts, read 660,705 times
QUESTION JDLJR

I believe my last week of Tier 2 should be mondays check/deposit
i would HOPE to move to Tier 3 the following week (IF congress acts by then)
BUTTTT If not------
would I get my "14th Tier 2" week at that time??? i know NORMALLY it follows Tier 3
BUT if i cannot progress to tier 3 at that time, would i still get the 14th tier 2 week at that time? or have to wait til congress acts?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:49 AM

177 posts, read 304,408 times
Out-of-work job applicants told unemployed need not apply - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Outofwork-job-applicants-told-cnnm-3498252371.html?x=0 - broken link)

I can not believe that at this time recruiters actually feel this way. How ridiculous it is that they will not even interview people who are unemployed while at the same time no one seems to think the benefits should be extended. I guess there are people out there who think that if you get laid off for ANY reason you should be punished. Don't they realize that without relief more people will lose their homes, file bankruptcy and keep the economy in turmoil?

Although I do think we live in the best country in the world, I often question the saneness of those in charge of both business and government (on both sides of the aisle).

I am still praying and hoping that you all get jobs and extended benefits until then.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:08 PM

4 posts, read 6,728 times
Default Jdljr:

I am in my 2nd year and my benefits end in 2 weeks. I was only 3 wks into Tier 2 when I had to file a new claim.

Should I begin receiving what was left on my Tier 2 when these benefits end (which was a higher amount) or do I apply for extended benefits?

This is so frustrating! How are we expected to find jobs when there are 100 people applying for every opening?

Thank you.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:17 PM

17 posts, read 32,503 times
To jdljr . . . I have a question. If the Senate does not rule in favor of any more extensions, is NC still triggered on to EB? For those of us getting close to the end of our present tier, would we still get the EB when we finish our present tier? I, and I guess many others, are very confused when it comes to finishing the tiers and now with the Senate looking like they're throwing us to the wolves, we're wondering if we will at least have a small lifeline left in EB benefits.

Thank you again for all the help you give to all of us here. It is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
QUESTION JDLJR

I believe my last week of Tier 2 should be mondays check/deposit
i would HOPE to move to Tier 3 the following week (IF congress acts by then)
BUTTTT If not------
would I get my "14th Tier 2" week at that time??? i know NORMALLY it follows Tier 3
BUT if i cannot progress to tier 3 at that time, would i still get the 14th tier 2 week at that time? or have to wait til congress acts?
You would still have to wait for the Senate to pass the extension of the EUC program to get even the 14th week, as that is considered moving from one tier to the next.

Also, if you're eligible for EB you can get that in the interim until (when/if) the Senate does pass the EUC extension. You'd have to call ESC and request they run a "B1 NIE" in order to build the EB on your claim IF you're eligible (haven't received regular UI in a 2nd benefit year and have no disqualifications).

Old 06-19-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joik44 View Post
I am in my 2nd year and my benefits end in 2 weeks. I was only 3 wks into Tier 2 when I had to file a new claim.

Should I begin receiving what was left on my Tier 2 when these benefits end (which was a higher amount) or do I apply for extended benefits?

This is so frustrating! How are we expected to find jobs when there are 100 people applying for every opening?

Thank you.
If you do not qualify for NEW extensions in your 2nd benefit year, then they would do a "pull forward" to bring your unused EUC from your 1st benefit year into your 2nd benefit year for you to draw. When they do the pull forward, they'll also bring with it the old benefit amount you were receiving in the 1st benefit year.

You are not eligible for EB (Extended Benefits) if you've received regular UI in your 2nd benefit year.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcole View Post
To jdljr . . . I have a question. If the Senate does not rule in favor of any more extensions, is NC still triggered on to EB? For those of us getting close to the end of our present tier, would we still get the EB when we finish our present tier? I, and I guess many others, are very confused when it comes to finishing the tiers and now with the Senate looking like they're throwing us to the wolves, we're wondering if we will at least have a small lifeline left in EB benefits.

Thank you again for all the help you give to all of us here. It is greatly appreciated.
Yes, NC is still triggered on, but FYI for anyone who is living in another state drawing NC EB, some states have already triggered off EB and others are soon to follow. I don't know why they have, but they have. If that's the case (if you live in another state that has triggered off and are drawing NC EB), you are allowed only two weeks of EB from NC. If you've already gotten it, you're done with NC EB. If you haven't yet gotten it, then it would just be two weeks of the EB.

But for NC residents drawing NC EB, yes, if you finish your present EUC tier and you qualify for EB, you can draw EB until (when/if) the Senate extends the EUC program. Sometime in the not-so-distant future the EB program is set to phase out also, but I don't have the exact date. There is also some part of EB Congress has to extend.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:21 PM

17 posts, read 32,503 times
jdljr, thanks for the information. Yes, I do live in NC (Asheville), and my current tier ( II ) will run out in July. The Senate has everyone worried. That's why I am wondering about the EB benefits. At least it would be a lifeline, so to speak. ( On my original benefits, I qualified for 26 weeks of regular UI benefits beforeing starting the tiers)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina