Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 11:45 AM

49 posts, read 63,158 times

Advertisements

Another update on the 37,000 jobless « The Progressive Pulse

Update today...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 AM

134 posts, read 172,729 times
Thanks for the update. By the way I just received a reply from John Boehner. He can reply to me at his level, but the Governor of NC can't. This is unbelievable.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM

108 posts, read 160,658 times
Don't know which is worse...Gov Perdue or Gov Sleasley, uh, Easley.

How do these people get elected?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 AM

174 posts, read 313,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHeel View Post
We can all sit here and play the blame game all day long...we all know that HB676 is a no brainer due to it being federally funded. yada, yada, yada. The fact of the matter is we are past the 1 month mark of finding out that EB would not be extended further than April 16, and absolutely nothing has been accomplished from either side. Of course there is going to be political posturing, and I know that Bev has to make tough decisions as the Gov of NC. However, what bothers me most is her silence over this whole issue - it's absolutely mind boggling, it really is.

Bev, it's time to swallow your pride and make a concerted effort towards a true compromise. Worry about the NOW, the PRESENT, and get a damn bill voted on and signed. That is your job, now go out and do it!

The silence is the most amazing thing to me also. She showed up to the teachers ralley yesterday but was completely absent for both press conferences about the Eb bill. Shoot, Berger and Tillis showed up to pee on the bill but at least they showed up. I have a weird feeling that she approves of a clean bill but she doesn't want to be associated with it or the unemployed. I understand her trying to stand her ground but GOD, do or say something. VETOING bills isn't the only job of a Governor. Gosh I wish Hunt was back in office.

We basically have three people thats holding this whole thing up. Berger, Tillis and Perdue.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:03 PM

108 posts, read 160,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infowanted View Post
They STILL keep saying "37,000". Everyone seems clueless on this issue. EVERY WEEK MORE PEOPLE ARE BEING CUT OFF. IT IS MUCH MORE THAN 37,000 NOW DUMMIES!!!!!!!!

This all makes me so mad I wanna go up to the Raleigh Capitol and start cussing people out. Starting with "Governor" Perdue.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:22 PM

249 posts, read 304,968 times
Default Add the media to our contact lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
They STILL keep saying "37,000". Everyone seems clueless on this issue. EVERY WEEK MORE PEOPLE ARE BEING CUT OFF. IT IS MUCH MORE THAN 37,000 NOW DUMMIES!!!!!!!!

This all makes me so mad I wanna go up to the Raleigh Capitol and start cussing people out. Starting with "Governor" Perdue.
We need to make sure people realize that we're likely over 40,000 people at this point (probably more but I don't have official numbers.)

In all my correspondences to the politicians I make that clear. It appears we need to start telling the media to get their numbers straight too.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:53 PM

40 posts, read 65,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
Thanks for the update. By the way I just received a reply from John Boehner. He can reply to me at his level, but the Governor of NC can't. This is unbelievable.

can you post it?

Old 05-04-2011, 02:39 PM

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. It's good to hear from you.

Your ideas, comments, and questions help make possible my goal of leading a House of Representatives that listens and reflects the will of the American people. That's why I'd like to ask you to keep speaking out by:

I made a Pledge to America to focus on removing government barriers to private-sector job creation and economic growth - that includes cutting spending to help end the uncertainty facing job creators; repealing the job-crushing health care law and replacing it with common sense reforms that lower costs; reining in excessive regulations; and promoting an American Energy Initiative that increases energy production to create jobs and lower energy prices. I also pledged to lead an effort to reform Congress and rebuild the bonds of trust between the American people and their representatives in Washington. I hope you'll stay engaged and keep me updated on your thoughts as we work to keep this pledge.

Thank you again for contacting me and please stay in touch (http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/WriteTheSpeaker.htm - broken link).

Old 05-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Sorry that's the best I could do on Boehners email response. T

Old 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM

187 posts, read 259,235 times
The budget bill H200 has passed 3d reading (72-47). No word yet on the EB benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina