Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 AM

169 posts, read 314,953 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can you please explain what is the status of the EB unemployment extension? As I have been following the "issue" unfold in the news, I am having trouble understanding the logic behind its progress.

The EB extension is 100% federally funded. Why is it being attached to budget debates, or any additional political positioning between state parties? I love being a North Carolinian, but frankly, this type of negligence is in extremely poor taste by all of the members of our leadership.

I am not a politician, but I am on the front lines of our democratic system as a citizen(I vote, I participate in public forums, I avidly write my legislators when I have a concern).

More than 40k people are suffering greatly as a result of their EB benefits being held up. People are having trouble feeding their children, paying their rent, keeping their electricity on, paying for gas to go to interviews, keeping their water running, etc. This is real, whether or not the budget is in favor of the Republicans or Democrats.

Please act sensibly and responsibly as advocates for the people you are supposed to represent. The passage of H676 or another bill towards the three year look back does not affect the state of North Carolina's budget, it only helps people to survive, and keeps money flowing back into the North Carolina economy.

Thank You,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 11:15 AM

134 posts, read 172,729 times
Well written!!

Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 AM

24 posts, read 31,860 times
I have not posted in a while, but I have been keeping up to date with every ones posting, Just wanted to say Thanks for all the info. I too have been emailing, calling, etc. to not avail. I am 1 week away from no power and have used last bit of money from last check, April 18 for gas to look for any work possible. This is a sad situation for all of us, I am praying for everyone, Hopefully this will be resolved soon. I have never felt so desperate, scared, depressed. Thanks again for all information. God bless you all.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:20 AM

187 posts, read 259,235 times
Great Job History! ! ! Very well composed and directly aimed at our state "leaders" (I say leaders only for political correctness! !) Let's see when we will see some action on the EB issue. Third week without pay already...

Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM

108 posts, read 160,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Hello,

Can you please explain what is the status of the EB unemployment extension? As I have been following the "issue" unfold in the news, I am having trouble understanding the logic behind its progress.

The EB extension is 100% federally funded. Why is it being attached to budget debates, or any additional political positioning between state parties? I love being a North Carolinian, but frankly, this type of negligence is in extremely poor taste by all of the members of our leadership.

I am not a politician, but I am on the front lines of our democratic system as a citizen(I vote, I participate in public forums, I avidly write my legislators when I have a concern).

More than 40k people are suffering greatly as a result of their EB benefits being held up. People are having trouble feeding their children, paying their rent, keeping their electricity on, paying for gas to go to interviews, keeping their water running, etc. This is real, whether or not the budget is in favor of the Republicans or Democrats.

Please act sensibly and responsibly as advocates for the people you are supposed to represent. The passage of H676 or another bill towards the three year look back does not affect the state of North Carolina's budget, it only helps people to survive, and keeps money flowing back into the North Carolina economy.

Thank You,
You were too nice on them.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM

108 posts, read 160,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
Not only does Bev look like the Joker, she truly is.
HA...I was thinking the same thing when I watched the WRAL video!

"Why so serious?!"

Can we impeach her?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM

169 posts, read 314,953 times
Default Same Ole' Same Ole'

The Senate has started action on the discharge petition to get money started back. I am not sure of the status of their activity, but you should ask your senator (North Carolina General Assembly - Home Page and who represents me?) Now that the House has passed the budget, I hope House leadership will begin to move on the petition the House received. You should call your Representatives on that score as well, for updates and to encourage movement.

Best,

Rep. Susan C. Fisher
NC House of Representatives
420 LOB – 300 S. Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27603-2013

Just got this....she has contacted me back within 24 hrs anytime I have written, and has been really professional and polite.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:31 AM

134 posts, read 172,729 times
I was waiting for that word, impeach. Because if I lose everything I own because of her, I want her to lose too. My mind is racing and I feel so lost and out of control.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:43 AM

174 posts, read 313,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Hello,

Thank You,

great letter,, but it's actually 50% federally funded. Not 100% Not like that matters to them.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:51 AM

156 posts, read 190,138 times
I just called Bev's office. The secretary said, "I only get about 5 calls a day". I said, people probably have lost there phones and electricity by now!!! She then said, just keep calling everyday and call your representatives everyday as well. I asked where the Governor stood on the issue, the lady said, she's just waiting for a bill to come to her. I then asked if Executive Order is something that she can do? Sadly the answer was no.

I, like others on here, am emailing all representatives, daily... The one I sent a minute ago, you would think, would get a little attention.

Representatives:
While you dismiss for CincoDeMayo, my family will not eat today....I can't understand why you would keep doing this to at least 50k people on a daily basis!!! This amounts to about the population of Chapel Hill, or Asheville...
Yet you just go on about your daily lives, how is that? Nobody's situation has changed, except for the worst. I have at least 1500.00 in just BILLS. That doesn't include, food and gas. My family ate maybe 3 days last week, 3 days...I just prayed that would change this week, alas, it didn't...I pray the Lord looks upon you all, and your actions!

Dear Sir's and Madams:

Please this has nothing to do with the budget right now, it has to do with my family being able to eat and have electricity....I had 3 interviews for last week and could not even move my car out of the driveway...I know everyone wants their position on the budget to be heard and understood, but this has nothing to do with those who are genuinely suffering RIGHT NOW!!! Please show us all that those who we voted for, to represent us, can compromise on at least this issue...There is still time to negotiate the budget, but for 37k of your fellow North Carolinians, we can't hold out anymore.

Governor:Mr.Berger:Mr.Tillis:
How can the Senate continue to use the unemployment benefits as a bargaining tool for a bill that has nothing to do with the unemployment benefits? These unemployment benefits have nothing to do with this budget! How can the state legislatures and our officials of government go on day to day knowing that they are keeping people from the help we need?

Please Governor, help us, my family may not eat this coming week. I really don't understand how this doesn't bear on the representatives minds when they sleep at night. I know that the state has very important issues at hand, but, 37k homeless people with possibly children, and elder parents, ect to take care of should be important as well. This is a fully funded program, that's just needs to be voted on.(H676). Thank you for your time, this is probably my last email, as my power is scheduled for cutoff this week...

Thank you Sir's and Madam Governor....

Dear Mrs. Perdue:

My name is Stephen, I'm writing again about the current financial crisis that I'm going through right now after losing my unemployment benefits while I am out actively seeking work.. This is now the 3 week I won't receive a check and this situation is getting very serious for me...

Not only can I no longer pay my bills I am close to not being able to buy food... I just want to know what you guys are going to do to resolve this matter??

Please let a compromise be reached...If the other party tries something dirty, can you just pass our bill by Executive Order? I am crying right now as I write this message to you. My creditors and landlord can wait no longer without me having a date of payment!!! I know your trying to do your best for the state, but please, please don't let us down. Thanks for all your doing Governor, have a good day today...

Stephen in NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina