Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 AM

174 posts, read 313,440 times

Advertisements

[quote=HistoryProf2011;19042594]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
Just got this from Rep. Don East

I just spoke with Don and he ensured me that benefits will pass,
hopefully next week.

Steven

Senator Don W. East
Alleghany, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin Counties
Legislative Office Building - Room 521
919-733-5743"

What does Rep. Don East know that the rest of us don't know? I am sifting through some of our more recent posts, and I found this message. I have received similar messages of encouragement from three reps. Is this just smoke?! Or, would they even bother to blow smoke if it was a dead issue? I am not sure who to believe, but I can assure you all of one thing: These Reps are surely tired of receiving emails, phone calls, etc.

Please keep emailing, and calling....this issue is not going to fizzle out. We are in desperate times, and their is no room for this kind of injustice in our government. These are the people who have been put in PLACE TO REPRESENT OUR NEEDS.

How do I contact the media?! Who do I go through? I would like to write a letter.
There has been at least one reply by someone every week. It always comes when they have adjourned and it always says next week. They never mention any details and if you look on the schedule it's never officially posted.

My verdict SMOKE! They are hoping we will go away and leave them alone. How can they say with a straight face that voting and passing a Cinco De mayo bill is more important than a faulty unemployment trigger??

They can't , so they pacify us with these replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 10:54 AM

169 posts, read 314,953 times
Default What a load of SH**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
I just received this from Rep. Bert Jones. This is his second response to a back and forth this morning. He won't answer me as to what he's talking about specificially regarding Perdue's alternative that would only allow for a few weeks. Does anyone know what he's talking about? :

The governor is to blame period. The alternative she would suggest
> would allow for a few weeks, and then potentially add thousands of state
> employees needlessly to the mix. Her alternative would be a huge cost
> to the state in jobs and money.
>
>
>
> Please understand we get hundreds of emails. We usually can answer only
> our immediate district constituents, rather than blanket emails. This
> was an exception because we would like to see the issue resolved, but
> time does not allow further conversation. Perhaps you might understand
> that the legislature offered the best solution to continue everyone's
> benefits beyond June 30, and also looked after the interests of hundreds
> of thousands of state employees and the taxpayers that pay their
> salaries.
>
>
>
> Best regards - we will not be able to send further messages,
> respectfully.
Holwager,

The reason we don't know what this man is talking about, is because he doesn't know what he is talking about? This muddled, accusatory, inarticulate, evasive response is hardly the response of a professional. "Time doesn't allow further conversation"...what?! This man doesn't haven't time for a concerned citizen. BUSY BUSY representative, He is talking to you like you are a lowly peon!

We have gotten many responses: some positive, some accusatory, some redundant. Who know who to trust at this point? I think these representatives don't quite know what they are doing right now, and they are just plain winging it. I mean, this "leader" and the republican party knew the governor would veto their budget(she vetoed four other bills prior)!! They attached the EB to it on purpose, a genius plan... if your name is Dr. Evil.....

To even honor one word this "leader" is saying is doing a disservice to your intellect. It sounds like he wrote this response from his blackberry while he was on the toilet. It doesn't even make sense. He is still playing the blame game, and pointing fingers at other people."It's her fault", no "It's his fault", and completely missing the point: who cares, its not about YOU, or pride, or ego. Both parties are devaluing each others legitimacy every day this charade continues to goes on.

Thank goodness for this forum! It is refreshing to be amongst intelligent, informed, and REAL people who understand what is happening. This bull**** is driving me crazy, and many of your posts have kept me from losing all hope.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM

Default From Rep Rick Glazer

Thank you for writing and I agree completely. I am a co sponsor of the bill and have signed the House discharge petition to get the bill heard. We will keep fighting on this every day--I am so sorry it has not occurred yet. Rick Glazier

Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 AM

58 posts, read 62,165 times
Default Stressed to the max

Hi,

I am new here. I fell off of Tier 4 EUC on April 9th. When I contacted my NCESC representative she said if they adopted the new EB formula that I would be eligible but I forgot to ask her about retroactive payments. Am I to understand that even if they do get off their worthless duffs and pass this EB I will not see retroactive payments because I was not officially on EB when this loss occurred? Holy Moly. My measly $150/week was grocery and utility money for my family. I am so stressed out I am having trouble producing breastmilk for my infant. I can't even afford groceries and now I am worrying about tacking formula onto that list. This is a horrible joke.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilulay View Post
Hi,

I am new here. I fell off of Tier 4 EUC on April 9th. When I contacted my NCESC representative she said if they adopted the new EB formula that I would be eligible but I forgot to ask her about retroactive payments. Am I to understand that even if they do get off their worthless duffs and pass this EB I will not see retroactive payments because I was not officially on EB when this loss occurred? Holy Moly. My measly $150/week was grocery and utility money for my family. I am so stressed out I am having trouble producing breastmilk for my infant. I can't even afford groceries and now I am worrying about tacking formula onto that list. This is a horrible joke.
I really hope things are going to go through next week. It is a cruel joke, and none of the people on the other end of it(us) think its funny.

I really think things are going to pass through. The state government would be single handedly be responsible for dismantling the lives of 40k people. This kind of injustice happens quite a bit in our country from state to state(look at Wisconsin), but typically not with a democrat governor. She(purdue) has to do something: her career depends on it, and she must be aware of the affect this is having on North Carolinians. Keep filing every week no matter what, cross your fingers on next week. START emailing your representatives and let your voice be heard.

Please

Old 05-06-2011, 11:15 AM

162 posts, read 213,013 times
Quote:
Hi,

Login to the ESC site and look at your claim profile. It will say when you were eligible for EB. If that date was before April 16th then keep filing every week so if it ever passes you should get retro. If it's after the 16th u get no retro.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:50 AM

134 posts, read 172,729 times
I just received an email from Ms. Green at the ESC, she said she was responding to an email forwarded to her from Bev Perdue's office. It was an email I sent to the governor. She told me to keep filing my claim and that nothing has come her way yet, as far as a new bill being passed. I have never received a response from Bev Perdue, but it looks like she did forward my letter to her to the ESC. Not really sure why she would do that.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 AM

58 posts, read 62,165 times
Thank you for the replies. All my profile says is BENEFITS EXHAUSTED. But my contact says I qualify. So it sounds like I won't be getting retroactive benefits. :-(

I continue to file and it doesn't tell me anything other than my claim has been accepted.

This is seriously a poor, cruel joke that makes Carrie's visit to the prom look hilarious.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Hi,

There is a weird time period between April 9th and April 16th that they wouldn't clarify for me. technically if you recived your last check on April 9th then you should've been able to apply for and get excepted for Eb before the 16th. You wouldn't have received anything but at least you would've been in the program. The problem is this. Unless you pressed the issue , agents weren't even taken applications from April 10th to the 16th. I know one guy had to force them to do it. His Profile online says that he's on Extended benefits, where as mine says benefits exhausted.

If your's say benefits exhausted then you aren't actually on Eb yet which also means no retroactive payments.

Now all of this means nothing until they pass something. Maybe they'll change it or address it but I doubt it because they aren't even addressing the issue as it is.

Lets all hope. I'm now officially two weeks in the hole that's I'm assumming I will never see.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Holwager,

It's her fault", no "It's his fault", and completely missing the point: who cares, its not about YOU, or pride, or ego. Both parties are devaluing each others legitimacy every day this charade continues to goes on.
that was probably the best quote about this whole situation since this started.

WHO CARES, who's fault it is, take care of it. Our political system runs on the blame game and we support it. I'm tired of supporting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina