Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 12:58 PM

162 posts, read 212,990 times

Advertisements

LMAO Greensboro city attorney is NOT licensed to practice in NC. Typical politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

49 posts, read 63,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post

Thanks!

264 posts, read 313,024 times
Darn, no where near me. Ok, let's think here- call property managment companies that handle rental property in your area and real estate ofcs. Let them know you what you can do and willing to turn out one project at a much cheaper rate so they can see what you can do.

Try the closest ones to ya first. They supply the paint, trim materials, etc., you knock it out. If you can afford it, go to their ofc to be in front of them- its harder to turn someone away in person than it is on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman704yo View Post
I live in Lincolnton close to gaston county I am willing to do any type of work...

Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 PM

264 posts, read 313,024 times
We all need a little bit of humor here right now. Can I just say that I hope these guy's cracks grow together so they really have to keep spewing sh$* out of their mouths! I'm hoping that they have to deal with some pretty nasty stuff in their personal lives for how they are holding us hostage on this.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM

29 posts, read 37,588 times
this is something i recently posted on the wral website under the nc capitol section..hopefully it will gain some needed attention..wishing you all a good wednesday!

It is a sad day in NC to me. Seeing the things that are happening to my fellow NC citizens due to cold hearted politicians. Please take a look at this forum and read some of the post written there. The situation for some is so dire. Please all of you that were voted in to protect and care for us, the citizens that work and pay your salary, do what is right. Get a clean bill passed ASAP. You made Nascar the official sport in NC, for heavens sake now give these people their much needed benefits. //www.city-data.com/forum/north...yment-624.html
pami2311
May 11, 2011 2:48 p.m.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:25 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
For the new and older members, SunnyKayak has compiled this thread of NC companies who have announced that they have added or will be adding jobs over the past year. It's a good resource to review and hopefully we can add to it as time goes by. It's still a tough economy, and we all know there's not alot of companies hiring out there. And while alot of us still need assistance and the remainder of our benefits restored...most importantly, we need to find meaningful work. And in the letters and conversations with the Governor, representatives, senators and their spokespeople that we're having regarding reinstating EB...it doesn't hurt to throw in a few sentences urging them to "go the distance" per se and work on common sense solutions together to spur job growth in this state. We can get the remaining 3, 7, 13, 18, whatever weeks we are still owed for EB...but if little is being done to encourage job growth...those weeks will dwindle down to 0 for most of us. Something needs to be done for the lack of job opportunities/openings in this state.

Also, I had a thought, I'm not sure if the NCESC is going to pay back weeks owed once EB is restored...but if they do, make certain that you're meeting their worksearch requirements of minimum two contacts per week. During the last expired EUC08 extension that went on for almost 2 months, many of us had to prove we were satisfying the weekly worksearch requirement, INCLUDING weeks we didn't originally collect benefits. So make certain your forms are filled out properly in the event they do pay back weeks.

Good luck!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:46 PM

169 posts, read 204,357 times
I just received this from Rep Linda Johnson in response to what she is doing to help the Unemployed that lost EB:

"We should have a solution within the next week."

Keep up the hope, keep calling and emailing!

Old 05-11-2011, 01:51 PM

37 posts, read 42,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
I just received this from Rep Linda Johnson in response to what she is doing to help the Unemployed that lost EB:

"We should have a solution within the next week."

Keep up the hope, keep calling and emailing!
And those that get evicted in the meantime? Even getting back paid for a month isn't going to allow thousands of North Carolinians to pay first and last months rent on a new property. We need an answer now. Remember these "officials" make $158,000 dollars a year. So in that week they will make over $20,000.00 that our taxes pay.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM

169 posts, read 204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
And those that get evicted in the meantime? Even getting back paid for a month isn't going to allow thousands of North Carolinians to pay first and last months rent on a new property. We need an answer now. Remember these "officials" make $158,000 dollars a year. So in that week they will make over $20,000.00 that our taxes pay.
We have to assume she doesn't know about these people unless we call her up and let her know.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:57 PM

244 posts, read 311,399 times
Nesbitt: GOP wants to make “crazy trade” for federal jobless benefits (audio) « The Progressive Pulse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina