Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 04:16 PM

249 posts, read 304,968 times

Advertisements

I emailed the five Democratic Reps that crossed party lines to pass the House Budget proposal a few days ago. No response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
This time I called a very smart representative broke things down for me from the Republican POV. She was unwavering, and fairly direct. She told me to call Joe Hackney(Democrat caucus leader) to find five democrats to override Governor Purdue's Veto. Wow.

She basically told me to go stick my head up my a**. She pointed her finger and said.....its her fault. While the governor's office is pointing their finger saying its their fault. These are the "leaders" of our state folks! These are the diplomats we put in office crying and carrying on like 3rd graders.

Anyway, if anyone wants to play the Republican game. We need five votes to override the Governors veto?! Who cares, just get the EB to the people.

Rep. Joe Hackney(Democrat Caucus leader)

1-919-733-0057

Whatever gets EB restored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 04:27 PM

169 posts, read 314,953 times
Default Good luck with your move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
It's over. They are not going to pass the EB bill...they are not going to hear any arguments. It's time to accept the fact that IT IS OVER. It's time to quit holding on to false hope, because it will never come. We just need to accept that fact and move on and do whatever we need to do to get employment. It's apparent that Perdue is waving her big dick around and challenging anyone to a bigger dick contest. It's a no win for everyone. I'm tired of playing her games. I am moving.

I hope everything turns out ok with your move. However, I am not giving up.
I don't have false hopes, I have real hopes for both humanity, and the state of North Carolina.

In the shadow of the media coverage, these people have to work this thing out.
It is a bigger D*** contest, and someone will turn out to have a pretty big one.
We just have to be the Lorena Bobbit's of this situation.....hahahahha.

People matter RangerBob, we live in a democracy. The state can't and will not get away with their abuse of power. At this point, all the time I have invested into rectifying this situation, I am willing to give it a few more weeks.
Lets see if these adults can come up with a solution. Whats happening(the blame game) is failing, democracy is failing.

If ANYONE NEEDS INSPIRATION YOU TUBE WISCONSIN. TODAY. THEY ARE STILL FILLING THE STATE CAPITAL TODAY ON MAY 11th. THEY HAVE BEEN PROTESTING SINCE JANUARY!! more than 50,000 people showing up each day!! THEY ARE RECALLING REPUBLICAN SCUMBAGS WHO ARE SQUASHING THE MIDDLE CLASS.

People are fighting back and realizing that we are not helpless victims. We are holding officials accountable for their actions.

Every man thinks his burden is the heaviest--bob marley

Old 05-11-2011, 04:31 PM

64 posts, read 77,755 times
As I said before, I appreciate all the comments and attempts at getting through to the *******s in our State Legislature. To paraphrase a movie line...."they are playing their own game and that's going to kill us". I have exhausted every dime I have, I have no choice but to head out west with a half tank of gas, every thing I own in my back seat and my trunk, my little dog riding shotgun and my hopes that I can get a job somewhere, even if it's only for a few days to trade for rent. I am overqualified for every job I've applied for, in fact, they took a mentally retarded person over me, because, in their words, "We would get sued if we didn't hire him". This country has become so Politically Correct, that it's embarrassing. I am very pissed off right now, but I know that calling the GA or the Gov will do no good. They are going to do what they do regardless of how we feel about it. Basically the GA and the Gov are just serving us a big **** Sandwich, and we're all going to have to take a bite.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM

10 posts, read 11,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
This time I called a very smart representative broke things down for me from the Republican POV. She was unwavering, and fairly direct. She told me to call Joe Hackney(Democrat caucus leader) to find five democrats to override Governor Purdue's Veto. Wow.

She basically told me to go stick my head up my a**. She pointed her finger and said.....its her fault. While the governor's office is pointing their finger saying its their fault. These are the "leaders" of our state folks! These are the diplomats we put in office crying and carrying on like 3rd graders.

Anyway, if anyone wants to play the Republican game. We need five votes to override the Governors veto?! Who cares, just get the EB to the people.

Rep. Joe Hackney(Democrat Caucus leader)

1-919-733-0057

Whatever gets EB restored.

I noticed you did not provide the name of the representative that explained it from the republican POV. I would like to know who it was that basically told you to shove your head up your a$$.

Maybe its time we started recalling some of these republicans that refuse to co-operate. Phil Berger seems to be the ringleader holding 37,000 people hostage, maybe we should call him "scorpio" but I think Bev is gonna play the part of Harry and refuse to let him force his wishes on the state.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 PM

169 posts, read 314,953 times
Default Oh you noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployedjoe View Post
I noticed you did not provide the name of the representative that explained it from the republican POV. I would like to know who it was that basically told you to shove your head up your a$$.
I called the number 1-919-733-3451. A woman answered the phone. From what I could tell, she was a bit older.

She told me to basically be a liaison for the Republican party by petitioning the Democrat caucus leader Joe Hackney to "find five democrats to override Purdue's bill".

She obviously knew the enormity of the task she was asking me, and that it was a canned inauthentic line of reasoning to my simple question which was: Why is the GOP not delivering a clean bill for the governor to sign?

Her answer was to make me into a task-boy for her parties agenda; which is a form of finger pointing, non-compromise, and straight bull****. She basically told me to shove my head up my a** by giving me a politically inflammatory task instead of answering my question.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:53 PM

37 posts, read 42,823 times
Something is going to give, someone will want to be the hero. The question is can we hold off long enough for that to happen.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:07 PM

156 posts, read 190,138 times
I just thought I'd drop my latest email address's for anyone who'd like to copy... If you put your own story to this list, maybe the news people can see how this is affecting folks. Of course I send to the politicians that need to here it, but then also to all the newsdesks!!! So the non-caring people can see who else is getting the story! Feel free to add your own to the list, try to find your local news channels as well. Look for contact on their website, should be at the bottom of the page. LET'S BE HEARD!!!

Phil.Berger@ncleg.net, Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net, governor.office@nc.gov, comments@wlos.com, anderson.cooper@turner.com, info@ap.org, foxreport@foxnews.com, huckmail@foxnews.com, oreilly@foxnews.com, kelly@foxnews.com, ontherecord@foxnews.com, sarah@ncpolicywatch.com, breakingnews@newsobserver.com, news@citizen-times.com, crooksandliars@gmail.com, Joe.Hackney@ncleg.net, assignmentdesk@News14.com, opinion@charlotteobserver.com, mchen@heraldsun.com, kupchurch@heraldsun.com, aclunc@nc.rr.com, scoop@huffingtonpost.com

Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 PM

187 posts, read 259,235 times
We have to hold on and have to continue this fight here, people. We are going through a tremendous struggle but I know that this issue will get resolved some way or another and that we will get our benefits back. Do not lose hope. Continue to call, write and e-mail.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:22 PM

249 posts, read 304,968 times
Default More media contacts

WBTV
Speak Out: For feedback or suggestions concerning our weekly editorials, email speakout@wbtv.com.

WCNC
Since 1994, WCNC.com has been an online leader in local news and information. Each month more than half a million people from across the Carolinas visit WCNC.com for breaking news and up-to-the-minute Charlotte news, sports, traffic and weather.
http://www.wcnc.com/on-tv/contact/Contact-Us-64008732.html

WSOC-TV Feedback And Comments
We can be reached several ways:

Phone: 704-338-9999 (Main switchboard)
Phone: 704-335-4871 (Newsroom)
Street address: 1901 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28206
Mailing address: P.O. Box 34665, Charlotte, NC 28234
News Tips: Email assignment@wsoc-tv.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
I just thought I'd drop my latest email address's for anyone who'd like to copy... If you put your own story to this list, maybe the news people can see how this is affecting folks. Of course I send to the politicians that need to here it, but then also to all the newsdesks!!! So the non-caring people can see who else is getting the story! Feel free to add your own to the list, try to find your local news channels as well. Look for contact on their website, should be at the bottom of the page. LET'S BE HEARD!!!

Phil.Berger@ncleg.net, Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net, governor.office@nc.gov, comments@wlos.com, anderson.cooper@turner.com, info@ap.org, foxreport@foxnews.com, huckmail@foxnews.com, oreilly@foxnews.com, kelly@foxnews.com, ontherecord@foxnews.com, sarah@ncpolicywatch.com, breakingnews@newsobserver.com, news@citizen-times.com, crooksandliars@gmail.com, Joe.Hackney@ncleg.net, assignmentdesk@News14.com, opinion@charlotteobserver.com, mchen@heraldsun.com, kupchurch@heraldsun.com, aclunc@nc.rr.com, scoop@huffingtonpost.com

Old 05-11-2011, 05:27 PM

69 posts, read 83,741 times
I agree I do not believe we will ever see another dime and the tragedy is that for over a year I and a lot of other people have not and are not able to find a position with a company that will solve our financial woes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina