Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 11:54 AM

134 posts, read 172,729 times

Advertisements

Well that's it I will never vote for another Republican as long as I live. They can all kiss it goodbye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 AM

45 posts, read 53,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
Please quit being so pessimistic and derogatory. From day one on this blog, all I've been hearing from you is pessimism and downright depressing statements. Enough is enough! ! !

Did not mean to offend you just upset. But you do have to admit I have been right all along. It might pass but not until the budget. I know people who have been in politics in the past it is what it is. So Grant me the serenity to accept things that I cannot change.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 PM

169 posts, read 314,953 times
Default That is the truth

Quote:
Please quit being so pessimistic and derogatory. From day one on this blog, all I've been hearing from you is pessimism and downright depressing statements. Enough is enough! ! !

Thanks Greg,

I felt really good about that conference meeting. 1st off, Nesbitt is the man, he said "we are not going to quit".

The man who spoke on behalf of the unemployed was articulate, and heartfelt. He said that the "leaders" have no integrity...simple and appropriate.

The fact that the numbers were reported as being higher(45,000) is huge. It shows the growing pressure. This needs to happen today.

As a realist, I realize that it most likely won't happen today, or this week.

I am hoping it occurs before May ends, maybe with this healthcare compromise the budget will be complete by the 1st week of June and Eb will released accordingly.

Does that sound likely?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 PM

162 posts, read 213,013 times
Media is still talking to citizen about Berger not responding and lack of leadership.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:06 PM

29 posts, read 37,590 times
What is meant to be will be. Worrying and arguing will not change anything. Thinking positively will at least make you feel a little better. Everyone take a deep breath and try not to stress so much. I know you need your benefits, so does my family. I agree with Greg, this is a support board, we are here for each other to have someone to vent and discuss this matter with. =)

Old 05-18-2011, 12:08 PM

29 posts, read 37,590 times
btw, i signed the petition and linked it to my facebook! =)

Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 PM

162 posts, read 193,461 times
It made me cry when the unemployed man spoke. Was it Nesbit that said he knows these people and can't understand why they are doing this? They need 9 republicans. I emailed all the Republicans and asked who would be brave enough to be one of the 9 needed to release the bill. I am leaving Tillis and McComas alone. They never answer my emails and I think they will not budge. I never thought I would see so many people have so little heart and be so cruel with such an easy fix in front of them.

I have to say I don't blame Perdue for not signing the budget, but I do believe she should be speaking out every day about this and up there trying to twist some arms. We can't hold on much longer financially.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:10 PM

9 posts, read 12,394 times
I signed the petition.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM

64 posts, read 77,755 times
Berger is on his way down to the press room right now. This should be interesting.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:13 PM

264 posts, read 364,001 times
Quote:
I agree with greg3973; this pessimism is unwarranted. Going into this fight, I knew it would be a marathon, not a sprint to a quick passage of the bill.

Haven't you people watched politics the last few years? This was to be expected.

In just the last couple of days, media sympathy has intensified. Continue your efforts and remain hopeful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina