Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 07:22 AM

162 posts, read 193,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
stillunemployed, it should take no time at all for the ncesc to get up to speed, the system is almost completely automatic. Once they have the new info, and enter it in, we should get the checks almost immediately.

We have been filing every week, so NCESC knows what should go out I would think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 07:27 AM

156 posts, read 190,138 times
Thats my guess also gemgirl. Though it may be strain on them to filter us all, you know with making sure people have been documenting everything...they would hate to send out money to people who aren't legit.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:57 AM

92 posts, read 93,887 times
Just Remember 13 weeks TO BE REINSTATEMENT FROM APRIL 17TH Folks even if the Guidelines are meet by the 3 year look back. Its the babysitter of the whole system is what did not get communicated to our so called PEERS........ Actually THEY did and had ONLY 2 WEEKS TO MAKE IT WORK...

Old 05-31-2011, 08:14 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
When it comes to the NCESC...expect the worst. Figure on it taking at least 1-2 weeks from the date of passage to the time you get your first check. If it comes after a day or two...at least you'll be pleasantly surprised. But, based on the times when they had to restart EUC08 after it had expired, it might take a little time for them to catch up in getting benefits out.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:28 AM

43 posts, read 56,489 times
Rep. Larqoue's statement as of 9:30 am yesterday morning:

"I haven't avoided any question. Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean I didn't answer the question. There will be no stand alone Bill...It's in the budget and that's where it will stay. I have no intention of trying to address every question on here...If I attempted to do that I would be here all day. Why didn't you show up for my town hall meeting? You could of asked any question you like. Of course you would have to identify yourself and hiding on the Free Press comment board is much easier. In the words of John Stossel...Give Me A Break"

Pay close attention to the part where he says there will be no stand alone bill. It is in the budget and that's where it will stay. I don't know if things have changed as far as that goes, but that was the take yesterday.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 AM

And please remember folks, even if they do pass the bill, there is a finite number of weeks that it will pay for. We must continue to look for employment, because when this is gone, it's gone. Keep your heads up and your eyes towards the future.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 AM

162 posts, read 213,013 times
EB is on page 18 of the budget released today.
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions...0-CSLEf-17.pdf

Old 05-31-2011, 08:37 AM

249 posts, read 304,968 times
He also said in that comment section that he couldn't disclose too much information but expected an EB solution to take place within 1-2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1400 View Post
Rep. Larqoue's statement as of 9:30 am yesterday morning:

"I haven't avoided any question. Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean I didn't answer the question. There will be no stand alone Bill...It's in the budget and that's where it will stay. I have no intention of trying to address every question on here...If I attempted to do that I would be here all day. Why didn't you show up for my town hall meeting? You could of asked any question you like. Of course you would have to identify yourself and hiding on the Free Press comment board is much easier. In the words of John Stossel...Give Me A Break"

Pay close attention to the part where he says there will be no stand alone bill. It is in the budget and that's where it will stay. I don't know if things have changed as far as that goes, but that was the take yesterday.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:39 AM

Honestly, I trust him now about as far as I can throw him.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM

244 posts, read 311,426 times
The latest budget compromise appears to have a veto-proof majority in House.

House Democrats help negotiate veto-proof budget compromise (http://www.sgrtoday.com/blog/sixteen-west/612-house-democrats-help-negotiate-veto-proof-budget-compromise.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina