Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 03:13 PM

59 posts, read 74,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by designnewz View Post
THATS THE MONEY MAKER DURING THIS TIME.. OF COURSE SANITY ALSO...
Thanks Again for helping me understand, what a relief...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 04:21 PM

92 posts, read 93,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
I've asked the ESC about this and they won't let you open a new claim or refile until something is passed that even allows the extra 20 weeks. They told me to come to them when something gets passed and even then, to wait a few days after it's passed so they can receive the instruction as to how to handle all the people affected.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:32 PM

69 posts, read 83,735 times
Folks remember to keep your records straight and live one day at a time. It has been six weeks and nerves are frayed and tempers are short. I am not looking for anything spetacular. Let us all hope for the best and make darn sure our legislatures know us on a first name basis by Friday. We can and will come out on top of this the question is when and that is a long stretch I know.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:16 PM

157 posts, read 182,219 times
Say what you want about our benefit situation

Day off open thread | BlueNC

Old 05-30-2011, 12:14 AM

List of Reps and their phone number who are standing in the way of CLEAN EB:

Day off open thread | BlueNC

Old 05-30-2011, 04:37 AM

162 posts, read 193,446 times
Happy Memorial Day.

I sent my emails and this is what I wrote:

It’s Memorial Day. A time to honor our service men and women. How many of the 50,000 now and climbing on Extended Benefits are veterans? How many do you want to call lazy? How many of those are suffering because you don’t care? Please don’t tell me you do. You had it and have it in your power to restore benefits with a standalone bill. You have no explanation and will never answer why you attached this to a doomed budget and why you would not vote on this then and now as a separate bill. Is this how you support those vets that have needed this help of Extended Benefits? It’ shameful. Play your political games and that is what it is and if you do not do something about it this week, you have no heart and do not deserve to serve the voters that elected you.

Come out and tell the veterans who are trying to take care of their families, why you won’t fix this so they can pay their mortgage and feed their families. Tell them face to face. Stop saying it’s the Governor’s fault. Extended Benefits has nothing and never did have anything to do with the budget. The money is just sitting there while you let those who put their trust in you to serve them struggle. Happy Memorial Day to the Veterans from the Republicans in North Carolina. Go get a job that doesn’t exist, so we can play our political games with the Governor, while we hold the 100 percent Federally funded money that can help you. This is how the Republican Representatives and Senators in North Carolina honor and thank you for your service.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:27 AM

156 posts, read 190,112 times
amen gemgirl

Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 AM

264 posts, read 313,024 times
Q&A happen in article comments with Lenoir Co Rep. Plz read and help with asking questions in the article's comment session.
Sunshine Amendment backers lose close committee vote | committee, lose, raleigh - Kinston Free Press (http://bit.ly/jz8RxF - broken link)

Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM

249 posts, read 304,945 times
Default Wow

LaRoque certainly doesn't have a filter or an ounce of tact. I think he wants to drive the final nail in his coffin for any chance of reelection.

One of his comments: ...the problem is that Americans won't do the work. Perfect case is Mrs. Treadway and her unwillingness to do some light manual labor because she is too lazy and is looking for handouts. She should be cut off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Q&A happen in article comments with Lenoir Co Rep. Plz read and help with asking questions in the article's comment session.
Sunshine Amendment backers lose close committee vote | committee, lose, raleigh - Kinston Free Press (http://bit.ly/jz8RxF - broken link)

Old 05-30-2011, 09:24 AM

The Daily Reflector

Today's editorial in the Reflector regarding unemployment benefits standoff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina