Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 10:14 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainaoto
I'minformed,

I sympathize with your loss. I lost my mom. She had a liver transplant that did not go quite well. We have a very large family and every time I tell them that we are thinking of relocating they go nuts! Of course in the end of things it is our choice, but there are times I do think we may be making the wrong decision. My kids are blessed with a family that cares for them. They love them so much that they are willing to help us in anyway they can, so we could stay. We have a lot of thinking to do. Thanks again.
Thank you. Yes, we are a large family too. I'm one of 8. Sadly down to 6 (another sister of mine passed away two years after the first, from a sudden heart attack at 42). Without trying to sound "pushy", I really would suggest that if you do have a big family that is close, the area you live in is safe, and you CAN make ends meet; to stay where you are or at least within reasonable driving distance. That's just the advice I would give, coming from a simialr situation myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2006, 10:59 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
Thank you. Yes, we are a large family too. I'm one of 8. Sadly down to 6 (another sister of mine passed away two years after the first, from a sudden heart attack at 42). Without trying to sound "pushy", I really would suggest that if you do have a big family that is close, the area you live in is safe, and you CAN make ends meet; to stay where you are or at least within reasonable driving distance. That's just the advice I would give, coming from a simialr situation myself.

Sorry to hear about both of your sisters that's very very sad. Wow 42 that's young. Oh well you can't change the past and the 11 years you were away but you certainly learned how extremely important your family is to you. Don't worry your eldest son is young and he will get to know his cousins when he moves back. He has plenty of time to bond with them. I've said it before and I'll say it again you sound like a great person and don't let people on here get you down. It's ok to go home it really is. For what it is worth you have been a great help to me on this forum.

Remember..........Who says you can't go back...............Bon Jovi

Old 07-29-2006, 10:59 PM

Quote:

Have you been going home for Christmas?

Old 07-29-2006, 11:03 PM

Thanks a1m1700.... you really are a great person too. I can't imagine you being anything other than a sincere, caring, friendly woman. That is a good song. lol. Yes, 42 is very young and it is ALL because she smoked very heavily, as did my parents. My other sister who passed away lost the battle to lung cancer; SO DON'T EVER SMOKE AND IF YOU ALREADY DO QUIT!!!!! This goes to EVERYONE!

Old 07-29-2006, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks a1m1700.... you really are a great person too. I can't imagine you being anything other than a sincere, caring, friendly woman. That is a good song. lol. Yes, 42 is very young and it is ALL because she smoked very heavily, as did my parents. My other sister who passed away lost the battle to lung cancer; SO DON'T EVER SMOKE AND IF YOU ALREADY DO QUIT!!!!! This goes to EVERYONE!

I used to smoke but quit long ago I can't stand the smell on others, plus it causes wrinkles LOL. I spend too much money on fountain of youth creams to mess it up with smoking. My father smoked for many years and quit in 1982 but the damage was done he died of lung cancer 2 years ago May, and his brother died of lung cancer also and he never smoked but his wife did.

Thanks for the compliment I appreciate that.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Have you been going home for Christmas?
Yes, for the past three years and also the first two we lived here we went for Christmas. Sometimes we opted to go for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas, or even New Years once (for my father's 70th birthday).....but always once during the Holiday Season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: