Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 01:58 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrone10011 View Post
Just had the mayor of williston on fox news he said everyone come to n,d, we got jobs
BUT he also mentioned the housing issues. NBC didn't air him saying to secure housing first. In another video on cnn or msnbc he said WAIT UNTIL SPRING...but no one seems to run that becasue it wouldn't be as dramatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 11:39 AM

84 posts, read 186,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
I'm going to wait till spring to come. What month does your spring start?
You can still get a snow fall in April but by mid May things start to thaw. That presents yet another issue for heavy truck traffic and weight limits. Summers can be hot but not like TX. Fall starts around late September early October. By then you'll see cooler temps at night. Snow flurries by early November aren't unusual.

I would take North Dakota over Texas 2 to 1 for the activities like fishing and hunting which are available year round.

Good luck!!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 AM

13 posts, read 36,494 times
Are there any IT jobs related to the oil fields? I'm a military veteran looking for work. I also have experience with labor, but my recent background is IT so would like to put it use if possible. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:53 AM

91 posts, read 294,968 times
Omg, these people know absolutely NOTHING. When it gets to the point where people have to go through a staffing agency right now just to find some sort of temp construction job, it should be obvious that you shouldn't need a staffing agency in a boom town. Even staffing agencies don't have work. My brother just got up here and applied to where I work and I let him use me as a reference, but was trying to find some side work while waiting on call backs from companies. He went to USC, Bakken Staffing, and SOS, and NOTHING.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinksters View Post
Omg, these people know absolutely NOTHING. When it gets to the point where people have to go through a staffing agency right now just to find some sort of temp construction job, it should be obvious that you shouldn't need a staffing agency in a boom town. Even staffing agencies don't have work. My brother just got up here and applied to where I work and I let him use me as a reference, but was trying to find some side work while waiting on call backs from companies. He went to USC, Bakken Staffing, and SOS, and NOTHING.

SOS Staffing

I also just called Twila who said that only a portion of what they have open is on the website, that they do have positions in the oilfield that do not require experience.

The jobs are still here.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
SOS Staffing

I also just called Twila who said that only a portion of what they have open is on the website, that they do have positions in the oilfield that do not require experience.

The jobs are still here.
My brother and I were just in there yesterday and they said the jobs require 1+ years of experience?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
My brother and I were just in there yesterday and they said the jobs require 1+ years of experience?
Who did you talk to when you went in?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:14 PM

I can't remember her name. She was taller, had blonde hair.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I can't remember her name. She was taller, had blonde hair.
I'm think it would have to be Gail, Twila is maybe an inch or 2 taller than me and I'm 5'6". Did your brother do the application process? If so... then I think I know what it was.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I'm think it would have to be Gail, Twila is maybe an inch or 2 taller than me and I'm 5'6". Did your brother do the application process? If so... then I think I know what it was.
Ya, he went into the room with all the computers and watched a video and filled out an application online there. I saw 3 Schlumberger guys when I was in there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota