Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 11:37 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Ooh in Honesdale? Where you gonna go??
I went to Tick Tocks ( got a Chefs Salad to go ) after helping out a elderly couple with installing a water heater for them.. ( no cost ) they had everything there ,, Took me 1 hr ... Im bored .. Im used to being busy from sun up to sun down... Here it is 1:30 ish and its nice out ... Im ready to take a nap..

I guess I'll play the drums for a hr then watch some Big Bang Theory online .. ( I love that show )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I went to Tick Tocks ( got a Chefs Salad to go ) after helping out a elderly couple with installing a water heater for them.. ( no cost ) they had everything there ,, Took me 1 hr ... Im bored .. Im used to being busy from sun up to sun down... Here it is 1:30 ish and its nice out ... Im ready to take a nap..

I guess I'll play the drums for a hr then watch some Big Bang Theory online .. ( I love that show )
Sounds like you had a good day!!

Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Sounds like you had a good day!!
Got a nap now I'll be up all night ,,, LOL maybe sleep away tomorrow .. Who knows ...

Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 PM

I painted a room for a wounded solider today .. He also received a purple heart for his wounds ..

It felt good to help.. I only charged him my fuel costs ,, ( $20 ) ...

I thanked him for his service .. Real nice regular guy with a wife and 2 kids ..

Last edited by Riverside4ever; 12-15-2012 at 12:31 PM..

Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
It is wonderful that you do all this no cost low cost work for folks that really appreciate the helping hand!!! thank you for making the world a better place!

Old 12-15-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
It is wonderful that you do all this no cost low cost work for folks that really appreciate the helping hand!!! thank you for making the world a better place!
I only help those who need the help.... Ive had people with plenty of loot try and get over. It dont work .. I read the scene in a matter of minutes ,, This guy wanted to pay me .. I refused it ,, Took gas loot as it was a 1/2 hr each way ..

If you know a needy person let me know . It might just be in the cards ..

Old 12-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I only help those who need the help.... Ive had people with plenty of loot try and get over. It dont work .. I read the scene in a matter of minutes ,, This guy wanted to pay me .. I refused it ,, Took gas loot as it was a 1/2 hr each way ..

If you know a needy person let me know . It might just be in the cards ..
I remember you writing (I think it was last year or the fall) about the well to do woman that had heard how you helped an elderly couple and wanted her services free! Thank you for your generous offer, thankfully all the folks I know are holding their own; maybe someone else knows of a person in need that could use a hand-up!

Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
I remember you writing (I think it was last year or the fall) about the well to do woman that had heard how you helped an elderly couple and wanted her services free! Thank you for your generous offer, thankfully all the folks I know are holding their own; maybe someone else knows of a person in need that could use a hand-up!

Yea she was a classic one ..... LOL It made me chuckle ...

Today Im taking the day off ... I'll do a few things around here but other then that it'll be an easy day .. Enjoy yours ..

Old 12-16-2012, 10:40 AM

Hope you have an amazing day!

Old 12-17-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Hope you have an amazing day!

It was a quiet day ... Today I also have nothing to do . Im not one to sit still , So Im sure I'll get involved in something around here . The weather is nice .. I'll start up and service the snowthrower today .. Maybe we will get snow this year ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania