Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Bjm

26 posts, read 97,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
ah, I feel better that we straightened that out! Now another thumbs up for ya!
thanks sweetpea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 04:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
I live about 10 miles from Tunkhannock. Compared to say pittston or exeter, or west wyoming Tunk is pretty damned nice. Children and Youth is a disgrace in the valley as well. Small town cops are pretty much standard issue regarless of origin. Some are good some not.
No complaints at all about Tunk or its neighboring towns. Folks are friendly and the business accomidating.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:38 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusAlexis View Post
I agree with this post 100% since I too have had a bitter experience with the legal system in Tunkhannock, Wyoming County, Pa. It is a place that is to be avoided at ALL cost if you have children and if you show any kind of affection towards them.

The children & youth services is a dangerous agency and can destroy an entire family. The police department, lawyers and Judges in Tunkhannock all answer to the Children & Youth. The worse judge in all of this is B. Vanston.
Alot of innocent men and women from Tunkhannock have been falsely convicted & imprisoned over the years and there is no decent people or lawyers speaking out for these people or doing anything to help them.

So please do alot of hard thinking before moving to this area. Protect yourself and the ones you love by NOT living in Tunkhannock or anywhere in Wyoming County. New Business' may also want to avoid this area as well.
I have posted before about Tunkhannock. From personal experience, the
town and its government are absolutely corrupt !!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 03:02 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,131,008 times
tunkhannock is a great place! I love it there

Old 01-24-2008, 03:04 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
tunkhannock is a great place! I love it there
Ditto. The people there are so wholesome. When I was doing my photo tour people were waving to me from their front porches.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:21 PM

937 posts, read 2,890,329 times
Default what the heck is wrong with protecting the kids anyway?

I feel that kids should get #1 priority when it comes to adults that may or may not be hurting them in some way. If you are a good person then you aren't going to get yourself in trouble. Tunkhannock and Wyoming County are wonderful. You will get a few people that disagree but hey, it's a free country! peace out!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 4,255 times
Interesting thread!!! Tunkhannock has been most highly recommended as a good place for me to relocate. I must admit I like the slower pace of life and what appears to be getting back to basics

A few years ago, I lost my two daughters to an abduction and murder. Your just never really recover from that. The good news is that psychologically you could never hurt a child - and hurt inside when a child is molested.

I am a male - who lost two daughters, and would has as a dream to get connected with a family through church , personal connections, community activities or whatever.
The dream is to be a "real Dad" to some kid - a girl. Personally I couldn't care less if there was 100% supervision in a visitation arrangement. Sorry to hear that Children & Youth is hopelessly corrupt.

Any suggestions or comments as to whether the Tunkhannock culture would be accepting of a person like myself.

I apologize about sharing my "sob story" Just trying to figure out whether Tunkhannock is just a nice place to visit - or a place where I could start over, grow old & heal, and a place to call home

Old 03-07-2008, 02:01 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOKING UP View Post
Interesting thread!!! Tunkhannock has been most highly recommended as a good place for me to relocate. I must admit I like the slower pace of life and what appears to be getting back to basics

A few years ago, I lost my two daughters to an abduction and murder. Your just never really recover from that. The good news is that psychologically you could never hurt a child - and hurt inside when a child is molested.

I am a male - who lost two daughters, and would has as a dream to get connected with a family through church , personal connections, community activities or whatever.
The dream is to be a "real Dad" to some kid - a girl. Personally I couldn't care less if there was 100% supervision in a visitation arrangement. Sorry to hear that Children & Youth is hopelessly corrupt.

Any suggestions or comments as to whether the Tunkhannock culture would be accepting of a person like myself.

I apologize about sharing my "sob story" Just trying to figure out whether Tunkhannock is just a nice place to visit - or a place where I could start over, grow old & heal, and a place to call home
Let me start by saying that I'm tremendously sorry for your tragic loss. I've been lucky in that a member of my immediate family hasn't passed away since early-1994 (paternal grandmother), but I still remember how hard it was to grieve. I couldn't imagine that grief being multiplied by a factor of 100 when you've lost not only one but two close relatives and in a much more vile manner at that. You have my deepest sympathies.

With that out of the way let me also say that Tunkhannock would be a nice place to start fresh. The townspeople can be a bit "clannish" in that they'll be suspicious of an "outsider" for a brief while, but after you prove that you're just like them and mean no harm to their community or their slower pace of life, they'll embrace you like family. Member memoriesbre (my "aunt"), moved to Tunkhannock from FL last year, and I believe that she and her husband have adjusted rather well.

I've done a photo tour of Tunkhannock, that can be found here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/north...-part-two.html

The only drawback is that you're located a far drive from urban amenities in Scranton or Wilkes-Barre, both of which are about 35 minutes away. That could be a "plus" though if you're simply looking to unwind and get away from it all.

Best of luck to you, and welcome in advance to NEPA!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:39 AM

703 posts, read 1,547,240 times
You guys are very accommodating in this thread. Maybe too accommodating, since the thread starter seems hysterical in tone and petty in substance. Small town police may be insular and may not always have the right motivations, but "they're all corrupt" and "i was framed" don't exactly inspire confidence in that person's claims. Sounds guilty as sin to me.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Bjm

26 posts, read 97,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
You guys are very accommodating in this thread. Maybe too accommodating, since the thread starter seems hysterical in tone and petty in substance. Small town police may be insular and may not always have the right motivations, but "they're all corrupt" and "i was framed" don't exactly inspire confidence in that person's claims. Sounds guilty as sin to me.
i still think this is the same person that was posting on other forums. if it is she neglected to tell you her brother confessed to the crime of molesting a boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania