Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,643 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are starting to look as well. We have 3 smalll boys (7 & 4 yr ols twins). Leaning more towards a full house and not just a summer cabin. Woods and trails for the boys to explor, plus all the other stuff me and Mrs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM

3 posts, read 10,257 times
I loved the area around Lake Naomi. However, we lived in Pocono Farms. It is 5-10 minutes from Tobyhanna Lake which is not a pond by any stretch. They have canoes and maybe paddle boats for rent. And there is a beach area as well as a walking path around the lake. Pocono Farms has good, friendly neighbors and amenities that have to be paid for separate from the normal annual fee, which covers garbage pick-up and such. We never had any problem with crime. We had more personal experience with bad neighbors and crime in the little farm town in Colorado from which we had moved. There are some evils in society from which there is no refuge in a certain town or neighborhood. There are no communities full of perfect people. If we could have afforded to stay in Pocono Farms, we would have. My husband's 1 hr. commute made life very costly, especially when gas prices were at $4 a gallon. If your commute is short, what a wonderful place to live! I have heard a lot of talk about how awful Pocono Country Place is, but not from anyone who lived there. I really haven't heard much bad talk about any other place in the area. Just make sure you drive the commute from your prospective home to work. Time it. And imagine it in thick fog or snow and ice. Be realistic about the places to which you would most frequently travel. Both gas and time really add up.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 4,345 times
Default Pocono Vacation Homes

We build all of these communities. Please check us out online for more community information & home designs. [URL="http://www.richardhenry.us"]www.richardhenry.us[/URL]

Sincerely,

Michael Dembinski

Old 08-21-2009, 04:27 PM

366 posts, read 1,036,696 times
You can check out Masthope and Fawn Lake communities. They are both very nice.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,510 times
I'm looking to buy a vacation home in Lake Naomi. We went there two weeks ago and had a great time. Do I need to worry about crime? Is this a good investment?
Any info on lake Naomi would be great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania