Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:56 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
We value diversity and that is why I no longer want to live in a suburb in ANY suburb anywhere. I want vibrancy of an urban area.
Alas, too bad you're married (and a woman!) We'd be two peas in a pod! I've lived amongst the sterile cul-de-sacs of "The Pittstons" since 1996, and with each passing year as more trees are downed for industrial parks, big-box stores, tract-housing, etc., traffic worsens, and the people become just a bit more insular I quite honestly just don't see the "allure" anymore. When I plant my roots down in NEPA to raise my family and open my own firm, I will ONLY consider well-planned mixed-use communities like Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, or Kingston. People can take Shavertown, Mountain Top, South Abington, and Greater Pittston and SHOVE IT! LOL!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:21 PM

287 posts, read 549,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
All this talk has me thinking about that rap song by Flo-Rida!

"Apple bottom jeans...JEANS..boots with the fur!!! WIT DA FUR!! Da whole club lookin' at her!!"
I still have no idea what these apple bottom jeans are. I'm only 26, I shouldn't be completely out of the loop, yet, right?!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
I still have no idea what these apple bottom jeans are. I'm only 26, I shouldn't be completely out of the loop, yet, right?!
I just turned 22, so I suppose I'm the "baby" of the forum, yet I, too, have no idea what "Apple Bottom Jeans" are or why they were transformed into a song that I like so much that I do random pelvic thrusts to?! LOL! I'll stick with my discounted Armani Exchange t-shirts and tight-fitting distressed jeans, thank you very much!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 PM

And about this uniform policy, my kindergartener currently goes to a school that does not have such a policy here in VA. I have to say I'm actually excited about her transferring to a school that DOES require students to wear uniforms. Less arguments about which ridiculous Hannah Montana or Cheetah Girls shirt she wants to wear that day. I was wondering if anyone knows if this policy includes coats or bookbags or lunch boxes. I've never gone to a school that had a uniform policy so sorry if that sounds like a weird question!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathernichole View Post
And about this uniform policy, my kindergartener currently goes to a school that does not have such a policy here in VA. I have to say I'm actually excited about her transferring to a school that DOES require students to wear uniforms. Less arguments about which ridiculous Hannah Montana or Cheetah Girls shirt she wants to wear that day. I was wondering if anyone knows if this policy includes coats or bookbags or lunch boxes. I've never gone to a school that had a uniform policy so sorry if that sounds like a weird question!
Some schools locally require the usage of only transparent (clear) backpacks for security purposes. Violence is not a problem in our local schools, but then again who would have guessed that two students would go on a major rampage in a hoighty-toighty suburb like Littleton, Colorado back in 1999? Crime can happen anywhere (as we saw with today's shootings at Lockheed-Martin).

Old 12-16-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I just turned 22, so I suppose I'm the "baby" of the forum, yet I, too, have no idea what "Apple Bottom Jeans" are or why they were transformed into a song that I like so much that I do random pelvic thrusts to?! LOL! I'll stick with my discounted Armani Exchange t-shirts and tight-fitting distressed jeans, thank you very much!
For some reason it just makes me think that they are jeans that girls wear when they have a big booty or something. lol. I just googled it, and apparently it's a brand.

And there's nothing wrong with discounted Armani Exchange and tight fitting jeans! That's better than Fubu or Roca wear or whatever it's called and jeans you could fit yourself and 3 small children into at the same time.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
We value diversity and that is why I no longer want to live in a suburb in ANY suburb anywhere. I want vibrancy of an urban area.

And you were looking for this in NEPA? Thats like looking for water in Death Valley....

Old 12-16-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
And you were looking for this in NEPA? Thats like looking for water in Death Valley....
I suppose you haven't seen the teeming foot traffic in Pine Brook lately?!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:19 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Not too many schools are left in the area that do not have uniforms. One of the few I know of that do not have uniforms or a dress code is the Wilkes-Barre school district....and when I see the way the kids dress at W-B schools, it makes me glad we have uniforms in Scranton. In W-B, I see the kids hanging around the square after Coughlin HS lets out, and the boys look like clowns with the huge baggy pants hanging off their arses with their underwear showing, and the girls who dress like hookers. For some reason, teenagers these days want to dress like ghetto trash. This is one of the main reasons for uniforms and strict dress codes....girls coming to school with skin tight clothes that don't leave much to the imagination and boys with their underwear hanging out causes a distraction.

Its obvious that I support school uniforms. In the real world, you can't wear whatever you want to work and your boss will not care about your "individuality."

Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
In W-B, I see the kids hanging around the square after Coughlin HS lets out, and the boys look like clowns with the huge baggy pants hanging off their arses with their underwear showing, and the girls who dress like hookers. For some reason, teenagers these days want to dress like ghetto trash.
And what's even more ridiculous, is that a lot of these jeans and outfits they buy are just as expensive, if not more, than a regular normal pair of jeans you'd get from Old Navy or Gap. So they are paying more to look like streetwalkers and hobos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania