Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:58 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,807,420 times

Advertisements

Maybe Saw Creek in Pike county have what you are looking for. There is no way you can compare PCP with WLE or the Hideout.
I think you are looking for the price of PCP but with the ameneties of WLE or the Hideout or something similiar. I dont think you will get that at all.

Good luck in your search. Let us know what you find.

d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 AM

127 posts, read 282,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Maybe Saw Creek in Pike county have what you are looking for. There is no way you can compare PCP with WLE or the Hideout.
I think you are looking for the price of PCP but with the ameneties of WLE or the Hideout or something similiar. I dont think you will get that at all.

Good luck in your search. Let us know what you find.

d
I am not looking for PCP prices in WLE or the Hideout. I am comparing a new modular home installed in WLE or the Hideout with existing listings in either comunity and notice that existing homes are MINIMUM 30k overprised.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:46 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,120,850 times
The only off season in my mind is April. While you can wait for the right house and the right price I don't believe there is any sale season. About the house that was on the market a while - I don't think that is completely uncommon. People who are in no particular rush to sell their houses sometimes just have them listed. If they get their price they go, if not they continue to enjoy it. You never know when a renter might see it for the first time and take the number down.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,763,579 times
I have a second home in The Hideout, and I have to say that prices have held up much better then I expected. Usually, in an economic downturn, vacation home values fall hard and fast. We don't seem to be experiencing that. Prices have softened somewhat, but not dramatically.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:55 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,807,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I have a second home in The Hideout, and I have to say that prices have held up much better then I expected. Usually, in an economic downturn, vacation home values fall hard and fast. We don't seem to be experiencing that. Prices have softened somewhat, but not dramatically.

Tom,
I totally agree with you. There really arent bargains out there. There maybe houses that are cheap, but when you start looking into them, they usually need lots of updating and work. When you add in the cost to refurb, it really amounts to the same price less the heartache of refurbishing.

Also look at the resale value of modulars. And also excavating costs of putting a modular on a site ; some of the sites in WLE require lots of extra $$ just to excavate. Dont know about the Hideout.

d

Old 07-21-2009, 01:55 PM

996 posts, read 3,280,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
We also bought our house in March. The winter in NEPA is gorgeous so I dont know if the prices would fall because its "off season".

d
This is an excellent point and the one that I wanted to make when I saw the OP. This area isn't like a beach community, where the "season" is over when summer ends. There are probably almost as many people that come here and use their home for winter vacations as there are that come for the summer.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,763,579 times
Actually, many of the new homes going up in The Hideout are modular. I'm not really crazy about them. They are either ranches, which they sometimes put sideways on the property or they look like suburban colonials. I think they are out of charector with the community.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:05 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,557,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
This is an excellent point and the one that I wanted to make when I saw the OP. This area isn't like a beach community, where the "season" is over when summer ends. There are probably almost as many people that come here and use their home for winter vacations as there are that come for the summer.
I agree too! Back in the 1970's we had a summer house in Pike County. At that time, the majority of the residents just about in any community were summer only. The trend has changed in the last 10 years are so, maybe before. More and more people are living up this way full time and even the weekenders come up more often during every season.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM

936 posts, read 2,398,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Actually, many of the new homes going up in The Hideout are modular. I'm not really crazy about them. They are either ranches, which they sometimes put sideways on the property or they look like suburban colonials. I think they are out of charector with the community.
What is out of character the sideways homes or the modulars, lol. I have a modular here in the hideout but its straight!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:51 PM

307 posts, read 769,060 times
As far as I am concerned a modular in one small step up from a trailer. And I have owned one for almost 20 years, bought new. I rent it to my daughter now. It is no where near as nice or as well built as a stick built. I bought it from Shorten. Everything used to build them are second rate. I dont think you can even compare.
You get what you pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania