Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 01:47 PM

397 posts, read 364,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You picked an agent whose office is 50 miles from your house??? Has this agent ever sold a home in your neighborhood or area? Do they even know anything about your area??
Her office is close to my home for sale, I moved and work further away.

Key pickup should be included in a thousands of dollars service that only includes FEW HOURS OF SERVICE. And it's a gesture if you give a damn about client service. I used to be in client service and would never let it happen this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 02:17 PM

9,874 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinfairfax View Post
Key pickup should be included in a thousands of dollars service that only includes FEW HOURS OF SERVICE. And it's a gesture if you give a damn about client service. I used to be in client service and would never let it happen this way.
No one here has disagreed with you. But you didn't vet your agent and are now getting poor service.

Old 12-13-2015, 02:25 PM

601 posts, read 592,543 times
Quote:

You're sounding rather unpleasant. Pull your listing and do a FSBO. I don't think any agent will be up to your standards.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:39 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,244 times
Quote:

When will your property be going on the market?

Old 12-13-2015, 07:39 PM

274 posts, read 708,537 times
I know you've got the point. Why pander to his other issues? A KEY is not an issue, unless you think you're someone like Trump. And better than anyone else. And he moved further away for work. So when you move, and your (maybe) listing is vacant, you leave a key with your agent, is he/she supposed to find your new address and get it? Getting a key to an agent is more important than making sure that the vacant listing (if there is one) is taken care of and monitored. And all for free, because yes, he hasn't paid anything for his listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
sure, drop it off OR I'll pick it up.. I'm not about to have a client drive 30 miles to drop a key off for a listing of mine, plain and simple. If I'm out of town, I'll have my business partner do it. I'll have him drive an hour to get a key. It's simple business and common courtesy.

And, if you've read across the thread starters two topics they've started, I've said more than once that the key thing is ridiculous. plain and simple.

It's obvious the thread starter has plenty of other gripes to hash out with this listing agent, the key is the least of it since there are serious concerns from the thread starter about fee structures etc.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:50 PM

You're not paying anything until the sale. If the listing is active, she's marketing, driven to get the key, put up with your superior attitude, planted a sign, etc. and you have not paid a dime. So don't even think you've paid thousands of dollars until you have. And if you let your listing expire, yeah, how much did you pay?

Quote:
I think a client having to drop off a key out of the way by 50 miles is REDICULOUS. I even gave her several emails indicating that I did not want to drop off due to distance.

If she pulls this crappie again, I'm going to post her info here and say she sucks over and over again.

We're paying thousands of dollars for little bit of paper work and "marketing online" and she's too lazy to pick up the keys?

THAT IS F-ING B S.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:52 PM

Pay attention. His agent is close to his (former) home, now just a house, which he moved 50 miles from. The magic key apparently wasn't ready when they met, so he wanted her to meet him 50 miles from there and .....augh.

Quote:
You picked an agent whose office is 50 miles from your house??? Has this agent ever sold a home in your neighborhood or area? Do they even know anything about your area??

Old 12-13-2015, 08:11 PM

9,874 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyles View Post
Pay attention. His agent is close to his (former) home, now just a house, which he moved 50 miles from. The magic key apparently wasn't ready when they met, so he wanted her to meet him 50 miles from there and .....augh.
Really? You are telling me I need to pay attention? Please show me where the OP mentioned he now lives 50 miles from the house he is selling BEFORE I posted my question.

Pretty sure I have been paying attention to this thread.....

Old 12-13-2015, 08:18 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,244 times
Quote:
I know you've got the point. Why pander to his other issues? A KEY is not an issue, unless you think you're someone like Trump. And better than anyone else. And he moved further away for work. So when you move, and your (maybe) listing is vacant, you leave a key with your agent, is he/she supposed to find your new address and get it? Getting a key to an agent is more important than making sure that the vacant listing (if there is one) is taken care of and monitored. And all for free, because yes, he hasn't paid anything for his listing.
Quote:
Quote:
Really? You are telling me I need to pay attention? Please show me where the OP mentioned he now lives 50 miles from the house he is selling BEFORE I posted my question.

Pretty sure I have been paying attention to this thread.....
ding ding ding

The thread starter moving was not brought up until one of the last posts. Before that, it was just "they want me to come to them, they won't come to me" etc (I paraphrased that I'm sure, but you get the gist)

Old 12-14-2015, 06:28 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingwash View Post
In my opinion, it is all about the communication. From what I have read, it all comes down to both parties not being on the same page of expectations. I was very fortunate in my first home sale in that I had a great agent that walked me through every step and explained each process. He was very helpful and absolutely worked hard. But that is not to say that all agents are that clear, work that hard or that each agent is a good fit for each client.

6% - which is 3% to the buyer's agent and 3% to the seller agent. Is standard. But there are many agents now that will be open to negotiating. Key to that is to ensure that if they agree to lower their rate that it is being lowered on the SELL side versus shorting the buyer's agent. If they are reducing the buyer's agent it is very possible that you will not get as many showings of your property.

Cent 21, Redfin...whoever. Reality is that it comes down to the particular agent. The name of the brokerage is less important (IMO) than the agent.

Staging - most agents will walk through and make recommendations but I have never heard of one paying for a stager.

In the day of internet, professional/high quality photos are critical.

Talk with your agent, if you can't come to an agreement you can always talk to their broker office and ask to switch agents.
FWIW, the agents won't get the full percentage. The commission is paid to the brokerage, the brokerage takes their cut (depending on the fee structure), and then the listing & buyer's agent get their commission.

OP didn't bother reading the listing agreement before signing it and then complains about the commission amount. Calls a regular C-D poster "scum" and threatens to defame his agent over perceived wrongs (BTW, against C-D's terms of service). Sounds like the agents will rightfully be earning the full commission on this one.

Last edited by HokieFan; 12-14-2015 at 06:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia