Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 08:45 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,539,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvVA View Post
Has the debates been always this bad in the past? I don't think so. It has become so bad it should be rated 'R' or 'MA'.

POTUS is such a prestigious role, most powerful position on the entire planet. But contestants are fighting so bad.
It's confined to the Republicans though. As I watched the Republicans debate how big Donald Trump's hands/penis are, I just kept thinking what a great year it is to be a Democrat.

Meanwhile President Obama's approval rating is skyrocketing. As a Democratic partisan, I couldnt have scripted this better myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 08:57 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,323,208 times
I don't find myself that interested in politics normally but this election cycle has been fascinating. Even the Dem side is interesting with Sanders coming on with his wacky ideas although he's fading away.

Now Romney is getting involved and urging people to keep Trump from getting enough delegates for the automatic nomination so they can sabotage him at the GOP convention. Very entertaining stuff

Old 03-04-2016, 02:51 PM

4,902 posts, read 7,471,346 times
Y'all obviously don't remember the Clinton years . . . Imagine explaining to your young children all about Monica's "activities" under the presidential desk. We usually had to keep the news off on television or in the car. Can't tell you how many hours of Raffi's Christmas cassettes I played in the car.

And, if Trump is nominated, he WILL go for Hillary's jugular and bring up ALL the old Clinton scandals. . . Not just Monica but many, many others. Let's not forget explaining what was on the blue dress, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broderick, Paula Jones, et al. And that doesn't even count the non-sexual related problems of the Clintons.

Not a great year to be a Democrat or Republican. It's going to be a gutter election.

Last edited by LynchburgLover; 03-04-2016 at 03:13 PM..

Old 03-04-2016, 08:15 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,539,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Y'all obviously don't remember the Clinton years . . . Imagine explaining to your young children all about Monica's "activities" under the presidential desk. We usually had to keep the news off on television or in the car. Can't tell you how many hours of Raffi's Christmas cassettes I played in the car.

And, if Trump is nominated, he WILL go for Hillary's jugular and bring up ALL the old Clinton scandals. . . Not just Monica but many, many others. Let's not forget explaining what was on the blue dress, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broderick, Paula Jones, et al. And that doesn't even count the non-sexual related problems of the Clintons.

Not a great year to be a Democrat or Republican. It's going to be a gutter election.
Well actually I was a young child and can remember when Bill was indicted. But im also am a historian and know that Hillary was always pushing her husband to the left not to mention she is her own woman and has always been a very smart woman on her own.

Literally one of my first memories is "Bill tried for impeachment." But honest to god, if youre judging Hillary based on Bill then youre mistaken. Im not attacking you LynchburgLover but honestly I think this is why millineals love Bernie -- they dont know Hilary's story...

Also, as a historian, I know what happened in 1964.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:11 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,513,855 times
OK, so we've had the Presidential Primary in Virginia. When is the primary to choose members of the House of Representatives? Virginia is the most confusing and strangest of the 7 states I've lived in when it comes to elections. Most states have one primary and general election every 2 years. Virginia's is allover the place, every year.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:20 AM

9,894 posts, read 14,181,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
OK, so we've had the Presidential Primary in Virginia. When is the primary to choose members of the House of Representatives? Virginia is the most confusing and strangest of the 7 states I've lived in when it comes to elections. Most states have one primary and general election every 2 years. Virginia's is allover the place, every year.
If there is one, it will be June 14th.

http://elections.virginia.gov/Files/...9_Calendar.pdf

Old 03-05-2016, 03:22 AM

9,894 posts, read 14,181,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
but honestly I think this is why millineals love Bernie -- they dont know Hilary's story...

You don't love someone because you don't know/ understand the other candidate. You love someone because they are promising you a lot of free sh*t.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Well actually I was a young child and can remember when Bill was indicted. But im also am a historian and know that Hillary was always pushing her husband to the left not to mention she is her own woman and has always been a very smart woman on her own.

Literally one of my first memories is "Bill tried for impeachment." But honest to god, if youre judging Hillary based on Bill then youre mistaken. Im not attacking you LynchburgLover but honestly I think this is why millineals love Bernie -- they dont know Hilary's story...

Also, as a historian, I know what happened in 1964.
Okay, 1964, I was 10 and not really a news junkie nor an historian. What specifically are your referencing. The 60s had turmoil all over the place. LBJ/Goldwater and the daisy commercial?

And regarding Hillary, I am judging her more on her time as Sec of State but also the way she handled all the Bill's Bimbos. She sits in the Scott Pelley interview, bats her eyes and says "who me? Why I'd never lie" but there are many, many instances where she has repeatedly lied about things. And, of course, Pelley just bats his eyes back at her and says ok, Hill, I'll shut up now and grovel at your feet.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:10 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,694,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Okay, 1964, I was 10 and not really a news junkie nor an historian. What specifically are your referencing. The 60s had turmoil all over the place. LBJ/Goldwater and the daisy commercial?

And regarding Hillary, I am judging her more on her time as Sec of State but also the way she handled all the Bill's Bimbos. She sits in the Scott Pelley interview, bats her eyes and says "who me? Why I'd never lie" but there are many, many instances where she has repeatedly lied about things. And, of course, Pelley just bats his eyes back at her and says ok, Hill, I'll shut up now and grovel at your feet.
...because Hillary is the only person who lies. This coming from someone who doesn't overly care for her.

They all lie. Every single one of them.

And what's your beef with Bill's Bimbos? How should she have handled it? I know how I would have handled it and it's not the way she did but it doesn't play into if I will vote for her or not.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:22 AM

Yes, they all lie but she has made a career of it and the media supports her.

From all reports she intimidated those women. NOW backed them up. The media let it slide. If this had been a Republican, he would have been destroyed. I don't see a lot of difference between Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby. Cosby used drugs; Clintons used power, which is a drug.

Both men are despicable people and Hillary was an enabler just like Camille Cosby. They stuck around for the power and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia