Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 06:36 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,510,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
Maybe but harassment and police misconduct are.
Maybe? And you are saying a police officer pulling a man of color over is harassment?

You already labeled his as police brutality in the title but now seem to have backed off of it.

The man was driving with an expired inspection sticker and had a suspended license and was not cooperating with the police at all.

I have been pulled over for an expired inspection sticker, I am pretty sure more than once. But I did not start filming and not complying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 02:33 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,289,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva06 View Post
How do you get from “take a look at me I am a specimen” to he was disrespecting the woman police officer. Probably that incident was longer than 5 minutes which is why the officer should have took him out of the car and skipped the dialogue. Idk how you got to in my world females are not human. Cause my two other siblings are both women. I mean the person in the car is clearly did crop the video and is trying to capitalize on this. I believe that if the person in the car was white none of the harassing dialogue would happen.

"Harassing dialogue" I assume you mean the dialogue from the LEO"s? If this is what you are saying then really are close minded and really clueless. The person behind the wheel of the car, who just happened to be black, decided to cause this scene to go south with his actions. Once he did this he forced the hand of LE. Did the one trooper lose their cool? Absolutely and depending on his past history he should either be fired or given an unpaid vacation. BTW. Most LE agencies also do not allow officers on suspension to work employment elsewhere while on this suspension. But to those making this a racist incident are just looking to stir the pot. I cannot tell you how many "vehicle extrications" I was involved in during my long career. And guess what? Most were white people. I actually cannot recall ever having to physically remove any black people using force but it's possible and I just don't remember since RACE had nothing to do with it. The actions of the person behind the wheel determine their fate as soon as they refuse to step out.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:38 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,289,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Just being around people. I really was trying to figure out why he would say that and having the criminal crop the scene to show its best light and this guy saying this I feel this is as good of an explanation as any.

Is the dialogue illegal though? Driving on a suspended license is illegal and having an expired inspection sticker while doing so is stupid....even if you are looking for a pay day.

I am not 100% sure but maybe Bigfoot424 can correct me if I am wrong. The guy was going to have to leave the car at some point because it was going to be towed. Driver without license + invalid inspection sticker (not that this is a towing offense) is probably gonna get this car towed unless possibly there was another person in the car that could drive it.

To me this falls under the "I'm not racist! One of my friend is a ________!" sub heading.
As you said. It was getting towed barring other circumstances. If a driver was suspended but had pulled into a parking lot such as a 7-11, restaurant and so on we could allow the car to be locked up and left there unless the driver objected to it being left. Then it was towed. Being left on the side of the road means it is towed. There is no calling a relative or friend to come get it as history shows too many times these relatives or friends arrived and A: Were drunk or high. B: Were suspended themselves or had no OL. C: Became argumentative and disorderly and had to join their arrested friend or relative in going to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia