Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 AM

159 posts, read 374,697 times

Advertisements

One day someone will drive off with your cart full of grocery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
Well I avoided this thread all this time because I thought, who gets so worked up about shopping carts but it was still sitting here and after reading just pages 10 and 11, I gave up and will reiterate, who gets so worked up about shopping carts ?

FWIW, I just leave my cart outside the store, drive up (that's what the lane is there for), load up, and drive off. A subsequent shopper will probably then take my cart to use and if not, no employee has to go traipsing around the lot gathering it up or wheel some huge heavy line back from the corrall. That seems to make the most sense and be the most considerate but oh well, guess not to everyone. To each their own.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 AM

LOl LOL ok you have me laughing for real LOL LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I'm an elderly person - oh, he!l, I'm old. But I return my cart to the corral, or if I'm parked closer to the store entrance, I take it there.
When I leave it in the corral, I make sure it's over the little metal strip that prevents it from rolling out.
I ask others who have loaded their cars if I may take their carts.
I can't take a whole string of them because I don't have that kind of strength.

My own personal peeve? People who staple Yard Sale signs on every tree and utility pole in the area AND DON'T TAKE THEM DOWN WHEN THE SALE IS OVER. Since the fools have their address on the signs, what say when we take a leisurely stroll we take the signs down and return them to the tree/utility pole in front of the miscreant's house?

This would also work for the Vote for Doofus signs that pop up pre-election. Wouldn't Doofus love to have a pile of these on HIS lawn? Especially if Doofus didn't win?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,263,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
When I moved here 20 years ago from CA I was outraged that the stores all had those stupid barriers and no corrals in the parking lots. In protest I would purposely find the "handicapped gaps" (thanks to the ADA) and take my cart to the car. Apparently my efforts have paid off as the barriers have come down at most stores and corrals have appeared. I purposely leave my cart in the farthest corner of the parking lot at any store that refuses to put in corrals. Barriers and no corrals are a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

Wow. You showed them.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,689,802 times
CAVA and DOD, you all must be shopping in some pretty scary neighborhoods !

Old 08-05-2010, 03:56 PM

Wegmans in Fairfax City, but you never know, crazies are everywhere. Oh ok, now I'll be shopping at Wegmans in Gainesville, so I'll let you know how that goes when someone drives off with my cart full of grocery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
CAVA and DOD, you all must be shopping in some pretty scary neighborhoods !

Old 08-06-2010, 07:20 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,289,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Wow. You showed them.
Of course if there's a cop car in the lot I'll leave it next to its driver's door.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,737,095 times
I agree that it's rude not to return them *when there is a cart corral*--but at a lot of places, there isn't--e.g., Target, Traitor Joe's [sic].

If the curb isn't far, I'll return it to the curb where it won't roll off--e.g., at the TJ or the Harris Teeter on Lee-Harrison, where the lot is small. But if it's far, I'm gonna push it to the nearest median and let the store people get it. By failing to put in a cart corral, the store has tacitly accepted the duty of cart return.

That said, leaving it right in the parking spot is amazingly inconsiderate.

Equally bad parking-lot behavior is driving in the middle of the lane. What's up with that? People make these crazy wide turns because they're driving too fast in their giant vehicles or can't be bothered to turn the steering wheel more than a few degrees.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:47 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,317,623 times
Sorry to bring this up "again"....we just came back from Vienna and I have to say that the cart return was really far from the store entrance at Giant, we were parked 2nd spot closer to the store entrance and the return was like 20 spots away.......here in FL, the cart return is only 4 parking spots away and there are more than one per parking line....

They should definitely add a few more and make it a bit easier for customers to return them...considering winter time when everyone wants to rush back to their cars and go home to warm up...not sure how many ppl enjoy a ride through the parking lot to return a cart!

Old 08-10-2010, 06:25 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,689,802 times
This thread has been so eye-opening -- never knew that so many people have such a rough life that pushing a cart back to where it belongs is a major trauma .

Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,263,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Sorry to bring this up "again"....we just came back from Vienna and I have to say that the cart return was really far from the store entrance at Giant, we were parked 2nd spot closer to the store entrance and the return was like 20 spots away.......here in FL, the cart return is only 4 parking spots away and there are more than one per parking line....

They should definitely add a few more and make it a bit easier for customers to return them...considering winter time when everyone wants to rush back to their cars and go home to warm up...not sure how many ppl enjoy a ride through the parking lot to return a cart!

20 spots? Oh cripes. The God awful thought of walking 20 spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia